[Suggestion] Legendary Item Enhancement

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

As the Legendary Armor and the first batch of the Second Generation of Legendaries are right around the corner, I think it is an excellent time to bring this idea to the table.

So we all know that stats on Legendaries can be changed while out of combat. It is very convenient in case you want to experiment with builds and stat combinations and that is the very reason I’m stoked for the the armors.

What about the ability to change runes and sigils along with stats as well? Obviously we’s need to unlock the sigils and runes before being able to change them ooc. I’d imagine the Legendaries would be able to absorb the power of runes/sigils, and the owner of the item would be able to recall these powers.

How would it work? Simple: you craft your legendary and apply your sigil/rune of choice to it. It unlocks that sigil/rune on your legendary item. Let’s say you want to change it, but that is the only rune/sigil you have unlocked so far. You click on the drop-down where you see a list of locked runes (yes, your Legendary knows the powers it can absorb). You apply the new rune and boom, it is unlocked in the drop down list and from that point it is selectable when out of combat.

What do you think?

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

+1
would give the upcoming legendary armor more than a niche purpose

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I want to enhance my future legendary greatsword by using my eternity in the process, or make it a crafting ingredient to faster get the new greatsword legendary.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Zhaatoo.4635

Zhaatoo.4635

Great suggestion, puts an extra incentive into going for Legendaries.

Posted by: Ranlares.2513

Ranlares.2513

100% support this. Please anet

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Its not just suggestion its pure neccessary feature. Ability to have stats swap is completly useless when you cant also change runes/sigils. And all this swaping had to work with build manager witch is another core feature what still missing in game.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Agyaggalamb.4796

Its not just suggestion its pure neccessary feature. Ability to have stats swap is completly useless when you cant also change runes/sigils. And all this swaping had to work with build manager witch is another core feature what still missing in game.

Yeah, a build manager would be also a very welcome feature, but I did not want to go too far with these “wild” suggestions.

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

I agree that It would be nice but I doubt it will happen.
It has been suggested manny times in the past 3 years but its yet to see fruition.

Posted by: ehajgbo.1342

ehajgbo.1342

+1 (text to have at least 15 chars)

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

It’s a welcome wealth transfer from the wealthiest players to normal players

Raithwall.8201

legendaries should have something special
and if legendary armor cannot swap runes no1 will actually use the armor for being legendary
btw why should it have any negative effect to “normal players” runes would even get cheaper if there is less demand.
so its actually a win for “normal players”
or are you just jealous to people who can actually afford legendaries?

Shoe.5821

That’s your response.

“u jelly?”

Ok.

The vast majority of drops accrue to regular players, who put up high demand items (like Runes of Strength) on the marketplace to earn Big Monies. Meanwhile, highly wealthy players (like those who own Legendary items) purchase those items to complete their desired build.

Raithwall.8201

as if “regular players” would sell tons of runes.
your average casual will have exotic or some parts ascended and will use the rune himself
even if he sells the runes what would he get with the money?

- skins or a legendary (or if he doesnt already have, ascendeds in which he will wanna place said runes)

(edited by Raithwall.8201)

Shoe.5821

You don’t sell tons of runes. You sell the occasional item you get with a really good rune or sigil, or salvage them and sell the result. 12g for said Rune of Strength is a nice windfall. Use that money to actually complete a build, or work on an alt, or finally get those ascended weapons…

The average casual will never, ever get a legendary. Ever. They are just too expensive.

(edited by Shoe.5821)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Should be done by Ascended Runes/Sigils..they should essentially work in PvE as Rune/Sigil Account Unlocks that once you used them, they unlock the corresponsind Sigil/Rune Effect to become on the fly exchangeable when outside of combat whenever you want, makign them alot more work similar to the PvP system where you can change whenever you want your Sigils and Runes withiout that you actually lose them if you change them out …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Agyaggalamb.4796

I’m not sure what you mean by that. If the rune cannot be crafted, then your best source is the TP. That being said how would this be different to having multiple armor/weapon sets with different runes/sigils? You’d be unlocking each rune/sigil individually on your particular legendary. It may also add more value to the less popular/useful runes due to many people who would go for complete unlocks on their legendaries.

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

No. You can already change sigils and runes freely on any weapon or armor in the game.

Posted by: Ranlares.2513

Ranlares.2513

No. You can already change sigils and runes freely on any weapon or armor in the game.

Yes, but you have to buy new ones every single time. This would allow you to buy once and save them to swap out similarly to how it is in spvp. Like a catelog of your sigils for one weapon