[Suggestion]:Return best burn to Ele/Tempest

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: obesejuanjacobi.1269

obesejuanjacobi.1269

I am a 1500+ hour veteran of GW1 and GW2 (each), who is 110% ready to Gquit over the rage (punny but not funny) I feel having watched this PoI clip covering how the new Burnzerker is supposed to work.
https://youtu.be/ZhNniaeirq4?list=PLDCvogxNKN3nCrcluAuZPGIsF_ygcbnJk&t=3889
as compared with the weakarse, red-headed step-child Tempest
https://youtu.be/HAbrXuZGIts?list=PLDCvogxNKN3nCrcluAuZPGIsF_ygcbnJk&t=175
The point of this post is simple.
It is a suggestion to give Elementalist the best burn stacking capabilities out of any profession in the game.

The reason behind this request is simple. Variety in gameplay.
Warrior already has:
The most HP
The most AC
The most direct damage capability
The best bleed
The best Might stacking
and now lets add to this the best burn?

Comparatively Elementalist has the best:
__________________?
time spent in a downed state?

If you want the game to contain anything but Warriors with different armor sets, its time to gut the golden child and return different capabilities back to their various sibling professions.
What good is an ele that is out-burned by a factor of 10 by warrior and a factor of 2 by a ranger?
What good is a cleric ele that is out healed by a shaman guardian or a magi ranger?
Is the point of an Ele to learn how to be the worst of all professions no matter what party role you choose to do?
Or should the natural province of Elementalists be the elements?
Watch those two clips and tell me if you, as a decade long elementalist player do not receive the message, “Frak you and the goat you rode in on”!
So… The request is simple.

+1 the post if you agree.

Lets show the devs that the community actually wants to play a variety of professions rather than just super-juicing any existing combat dynamic and handing it over to Warrior.

alternatively, we could rename the elite skill for Tempest “Do less with less!” and have that shouted out every time the skill was used. While we’re at it, maybe the sole purpose of the skill should be to drop an array of 10 box-o-fun on the battlefield!

Attachments:

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Don’t take the POI as the capability of the profession. 4k burns are actually pretty weak, pretty sure warrior is already capable of exceeding that with longbow and Engi/Guard/Ranger I know can get up there, I’ve hit 12k in actual fights with Engi. I will agree not very impressed with tempest right now, some tricks, but overall… meh.

Posted by: Voraxas.2391

Voraxas.2391

In every single game mode we see at least one very strong build for the elementalist, that is part of the actual meta. Even without icebow, his dps is superior. For PvE the ele is one of the few classes, that stands on top, untouched. PvP-wise the survivability is already extremely high while constantly stacking heavy amount of burning.

So you want to give him even more burning? I refuse.

Have you even played the beta? Berserker performs not as strong as against these helpless golems.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Tempest needs some work/tuning but Ele certainly doesn’t need to have the best burn. The class as a whole is and always has been in a pretty good spot. Tempest is a bit lacking ATM but that has nothing to do with burn damage.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Lol was this thread written in 2013? Elementalists are like the #1 DPs and fight cheeser in PvE, and beyond broken as D/D in pvp. And in fact, are still one of the best pvp burners in the game, probably second to Burn Guardian who basically focuses on nothing but burn.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

obesejuanjacobi.1269

Show me the money trolls. Screenshot it and post it. I’ll eat my hat. I am looking for a screenshot with an isolated solitary elementalist putting more than 10 contemporary stacks of burn on a target with a condition tick higher than the one in the warrior screenshot, with no food or utility activated. That makes it apples to apples.

(edited by obesejuanjacobi.1269)

Random.4691

Or we could just let you live in your delusional little world.

ronpierce.2760

Show me the money trolls. Screenshot it and post it. I’ll eat my hat.

Uh, do any amount of research for yourself? Ele is literally the top of the food chain. Go to metabattle.com if you can’t figure it out for yourself.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Warrior already has:
The most HP
The most AC
The most direct damage capability
The best bleed
The best Might stacking
and now lets add to this the best burn?

You completely missed the most important thing the Warrior has by far…

The most aggressively protective class developer

Its not even funny how obvious the ‘fist’ (style) of each of the designers is.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Random.4691

Let me help you understand.

Warrior already has:
The most HP – Necro has same HP
The most AC – Guard & soon Rev share the same Armor
The most direct damage capability – Thief and Mesmer anyone ?
The best bleed – Ranger is 1 example that can apply more bleeds at a quicker rate.
The best Might stacking – Guard, Ele or do you just choose to forget this to suit your argument ? When Rev comes into play they can keep up 12+ stacks of might at all times.

EVERYTHING you listed is wrong.

Perhaps you should learn what the other classes are capable of before making silly posts.

(edited by Random.4691)

obesejuanjacobi.1269

Show me the money trolls. Screenshot it and post it. I’ll eat my hat.

Uh, do any amount of research for yourself? Ele is literally the top of the food chain. Go to metabattle.com if you can’t figure it out for yourself.

So many LOLz thanks. I am talking about burn stacking. Condition dealing. Show me a vetted build on metagame that recommends condi anything. I never said there was no DPS to Ele. I said +1 if you agree that Ele should be given the best burn stacking.
Metagame proves my point.
All the dungeon builds amount to zerker builds
All the WvW builds are zerker, save 1, which is celestial. Build that one and prove me wrong about the burn stacking.
direct and crit damage are king in the game because there is no amount of condi stacking of any sort that can compete with the output. That makes combat pretty monochrome. Ele always sucked as a condi option before they allowed burn stacking. Now we are supposed to stand by and let them give the best burn stacking capabilities to Warrior? Get real!

Random.4691

Maybe Ele’s should be able to 1 shot everyone as well, sorry you can’t have everything, deal with it.

I main Ele, they are fine, and do not need better burns.

obesejuanjacobi.1269

Warrior already has:
The best bleed – Ranger is 1 example that can apply more bleeds at a quicker rate.
The best Might stacking – Guard, Ele or do you just choose to forget this to suit your argument ? When Rev comes into play they can keep up 12+ stacks of might at all times.

Perhaps you should learn what the other classes are capable of before making silly posts.

I should have said in combination. you can’t come up with any of the other professions you listed that will have 3100+ AC, 32k+HP, and 3k+ power.
The might dealing of a single phalanx is unprecidently better than any single guard or Ele, based on the number of stacks that can be maintained actively and the number of targets to which the might can spread.

Best direct damage…. care to put a zerk warrior and zerk thief toe to toe against golems and measure the output? I can’t speak to mesmer. I’m happy to admit I didn’t know about that one and I will check it out.

I’ll take your bet on bleed with warrior vs ranger. Ranger might burst lay it out faster but warrior keeps the most stacks churning until down.

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Warrior already has:

I should have said in combination. you can’t come up with any of the other professions you listed that will have 3100+ AC, 32k+HP, and 3k+ power.
The might dealing of a single phalanx is unprecidently better than any single guard or Ele, based on the number of stacks that can be maintained actively and the number of targets to which the might can spread.

Best direct damage…. care to put a zerk warrior and zerk thief toe to toe against golems and measure the output? I can’t speak to mesmer. I’m happy to admit I didn’t know about that one and I will check it out.

I’ll take your bet on bleed with warrior vs ranger. Ranger might burst lay it out faster but warrior keeps the most stacks churning until down.

Show the picture with warrior that has these stats.
Since you wanted pictures without any buffs or food, same should apply here.

Your post is more about your inability to play ele to its full potential, not the what class lack. Dare I say it?! Oh never mind I already did, I’ll just simplify it: L2P

Random.4691

The problem is you’re cherry picking, a Warrior cannot have 3k power, 32k health, 3100 ac, do the most damage, stack the most might and everything else you mentioned. They would be required to wear multiple set of armor at once, use more utilities than any other class, and use all their trait line.

If they run full zerk for high damage out put, they will not have that armor, they will not have those HP.
If they run full soldiers, they still don’t have those HP or power, and their damage would not be as high as you are suggesting.

Show me a build that gives them all of what you listed and still out damages all classes.
Or a build that out damages all classes and still gives them the HP/Armor.

If this was the case and Warriors were all powerful EVERYONE would play warrior because there would be no need to play anything else.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Considering condi. damage is dealt directly to HP, rather than going through toughness/armor/protection/frost aura/etc… I’d say reasonable 4k burning uptime is quite strong.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Wow, I have never heard an Ele complain about anything. Ever.

Just don’t play Temp. Cele-Ele is, if not the best, then it is in the discussion.

Did I mention Ice bow 4?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Show me the money trolls. Screenshot it and post it. I’ll eat my hat. I am looking for a screenshot with an isolated solitary elementalist putting more than 10 contemporary stacks of burn on a target with a condition tick higher than the one in the warrior screenshot, with no food or utility activated. That makes it apples to apples.

You’re delusional. It’s well known that ele already has the highest burn-stacking capability in the game. In fact, many don’t see a problem with the burn condition in PvP… we see a problem with how ele can stack so much of it, carry so much sustain, have so much mobility, and still maintain such high raw DPS.. all while stacking a ton of might.

Maybe read up on what other people have to say:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Do-something-with-this-insane-burning/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Balance-Cele-DD-Ele-Please

You’re also highly derogatory to your fellow players. I would not be at all sad if you did rage quit.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

obesejuanjacobi.1269

The problem is you’re cherry picking, a Warrior cannot have 3k power, 32k health, 3100 ac, do the most damage, stack the most might and everything else you mentioned. They would be required to wear multiple set of armor at once, use more utilities than any other class, and use all their trait line.

If they run full zerk for high damage out put, they will not have that armor, they will not have those HP.
If they run full soldiers, they still don’t have those HP or power, and their damage would not be as high as you are suggesting.

Show me a build that gives them all of what you listed and still out damages all classes.
Or a build that out damages all classes and still gives them the HP/Armor.

If this was the case and Warriors were all powerful EVERYONE would play warrior because there would be no need to play anything else.

I never said all of those bests were in 1 warrior build. But you’ll have to agree that as far as access to the best of the best goes warrior has them most options of any profession.
Care to venture a guess as to which profession is played most often? My money is on warrior for exactly the advantages you said

Random.4691

Anet should probably just delete this thread now.

You’re continually contradicting yourself and show just how little you actually know about the classes in this game.

Here’s an unofficial poll for you. http://i.imgur.com/qeVDnlR.png

(edited by Random.4691)

obesejuanjacobi.1269

You’re delusional. It’s well known that ele already has the highest burn-stacking capability in the game. In fact, many don’t see a problem with the burn condition in PvP… we see a problem with how ele can stack so much of it, carry so much sustain, have so much mobility, and still maintain such high raw DPS.. all while stacking a ton of might.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Do-something-with-this-insane-burning/first

You’re also highly derogatory to your fellow players. I would not be at all sad if you did rage quit.

“It’s well known that ele already has the highest burn-stacking capability in the game. "
Again show me the money and I will eat my hat. This comparison of burn stacking with Berserker clearly demonstrates your claim as false. It’s in the poi vid anet posted, not my vid.

“You’re also highly derogatory to your fellow players. "
Please provide examples. I think you’ve mistaken things that were said to me as things that I said.

Thanks for the other forum links I will look and tell u the value I found in them

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Care to venture a guess as to which profession is played most often?

If i remember right, that was a Ranger.
And that was before buffs to LB.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH-aB4mwAOk
Actually you can reach over 15 stacks of burning

EDIT: He is using food, but differently from Berserker you don’t need to fill a bar and then have a small window of time to do that burn.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

“It’s well known that ele already has the highest burn-stacking capability in the game. "
Again show me the money and I will eat my hat. This comparison of burn stacking with Berserker clearly demonstrates your claim as false. It’s in the poi vid anet posted, not my vid.

“You’re also highly derogatory to your fellow players. "
Please provide examples. I think you’ve mistaken things that were said to me as things that I said.

Thanks for the other forum links I will look and tell u the value I found in them

The burden of proof is on you, not me. I’m not going to go capture screenshots or video because one jerk on the forum said something that isn’t true.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

ANet listened and gave you your wish.

Hope you like the title of best burning.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

ronpierce.2760

ANet listened and gave you your wish.

Hope you like the title of best burning.

Seems like this was more of a community driven project. Perhaps we should be commemorated some how?

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

Even if I agree that it would make sense to get a lot of burn on an elem (wich is the case, maybe not the best but definitely not the least) OP lost me when he suggest that ele need to be up.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t say Ele can’t be improve, I’m just saying atm Ele isn’t the class that need the most devs love… not at all. And sure warrior is a “must have” in the current state of the game but so is the ele…

obesejuanjacobi.1269

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH-aB4mwAOk
Actually you can reach over 15 stacks of burning

EDIT: He is using food, but differently from Berserker you don’t need to fill a bar and then have a small window of time to do that burn.

YOU DA MAN! I OFFICIALLY EAT MY HAT!

Here are the builds he talked about in his vid.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnMICNNgFNA2MA8RgBBALCAhyDgcJLBpgaT2GODA-TBiAABJcCAgZ/hrV+BwDA4BTQRrHQalgVr+TAAEgZWmBwRP6RP6RPaz8oz8ozMhAWsGA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMoxhlNwmB8RMIAYRAIUeAmfwOoIUby2wZA-TxhAABJcCAgZ/hwU+Bq6PDqHAgHAAbKBDAgAMzyMAO6RP6RP6RbmHdmHdmzsQALWDA-e

ronpierce.2760

Was this a test? o.O

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I have no idea but … did I win something? lol
Ele has tons of burn, and it is quite obvious, I don’y know why OP thought that Berserker had more, I watched that video later (I was at work when I posted) and you can actually reach 25 stacks of burn and about 20k burning damage.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

I assure you, after playing the Berserker in the beta, you have nothing to worry about. You don’t even come close to the ludicrous amounts of burn that Ele is capable of. If anything, Berserker needs a buff and Ele needs to be toned down.

But you probably already knew that and just made this topic for fun…. right?

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Am I hearing this good? Someone saying Ele is bad ?

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

OP is clearly an elaborate troll.

Only someone with ‘difficulties’ would suggest the Elementalist needs more of anything right now.

Posted by: amiia.8139

amiia.8139

I am a 1500+ hour veteran of GW1 and GW2 (each).

Mate… Like hours mean anything here. I’m playing since beta of GW1 and I still don’t consider myself as “veteran”. You have too big ego fellow mate.
I’ll tell You truth 1500+ hours in GW1 means “nothing” as this game changed over time. Knowledge and understanding what comes with it means everything in GW1. GW2 is smillar in this way to GW1.
And You flame specialization that is even not released yet and You call Yourself a veteran? You seem more like funky fortuneteller that takes money and says nothing but believe it is future.

This lead us to point that after 1500+ hours You simply don’t learned anything about this game. Maybe go do more indepth research about Your problem because You are on false track at this point. Yes You have much to learn before You can title Yourself as veteran.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I haven’t seen a lot in this game and I played 7300+ hours…. 1500 ? I had the same time in after 5 or 6 months …

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Azumi.9572

Azumi.9572

Tempest is dead before arrival. It’ll be a rotten corpse at arrival.

The only way to make people use Tempest is to nuke the Ele into oblivion and if you do that, people will simply abandon the class.

I’m willing to bet a Legendary weapon that Tempest users make up less than 2% of the total population of Ele in this game 5 months into HoT.

While you’ll see boatloads of Heralds, Berserkers, Reapers, etc. Tempests will be virtually nonexistent.

It’s an extremely bad specialization. No amount of feedback is going to change that. It’s dead already.

Bryzy.2719

The only way to make people use Tempest is to nuke the Ele into oblivion and if you do that, people will simply abandon the class.

I’m willing to bet a Legendary weapon that Tempest users make up less than 2% of the total population of Ele in this game 5 months into HoT.

While you’ll see boatloads of Heralds, Berserkers, Reapers, etc. Tempests will be virtually nonexistent.

It’s an extremely bad specialization. No amount of feedback is going to change that. It’s dead already.

Not that anyone cares of course since Ele is already the best profession in the game.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

You already have 2 tiers better class compared to other classes. Srry but no.

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Not that anyone cares of course since Ele is already the best profession in the game.

That’s a pretty bad excuse to release a broken elite spec. In that case Anet may as well say: “We apologize, but your profession is the best in the game at the moment so you will not be getting an elite spec this time.”.
Then they wouldn’t have to spend their resources on something that a minuscule amount of players will use.

What you don’t understand is that elite specs are one of the selling points of HoT, so they need to be useful at the very least. Unfortunately, the dragonhunter is not faring much better than the tempest right now and the druid and forge will have minimal testing time. I really have to wonder if HoT will launch with almost half of its elite specs in a bad state. Remember, these elite specs are the only significant expansion to our professions since release.

Bryzy.2719

That’s a pretty bad excuse to release a broken elite spec. In that case Anet may as well say: “We apologize, but your profession is the best in the game at the moment so you will not be getting an elite spec this time.”.
Then they wouldn’t have to spend their resources on something that a minuscule amount of players will use.

What you don’t understand is that elite specs are one of the selling points of HoT, so they need to be useful at the very least. Unfortunately, the dragonhunter is not faring much better than the tempest right now and the druid and forge will have minimal testing time. I really have to wonder if HoT will launch with almost half of its elite specs in a bad state. Remember, these elite specs are the only significant expansion to our professions since release.

The Tempest isn’t broken. I think by “broken” you mean “not as powerful as I wanted”.

There are 8 other elite specs to choose from if you don’t like the Tempest :/

Oh of course, as a Ranger you don’t have to spell that last sentence out for me – I’ve been playing the legit most broken and unwanted profession in the game since the release of GW2. This is compounded by the fact that Druid hasn’t been revealed yet, and that we will have just 1 BWE’s worth of testing (though even that’s not confirmed). This is worrying seeing as Druid is the last potential lifeline for the Ranger profession, particularly in the context of the new Raid content. The only reason I’m hanging onto my Ranger is to see what Druid brings. If it’s not absolute king of the elites at support and/or control then I won’t hesitate to delete and re-roll a shiro/glint Revenant as my main. As a Ranger and active forum participant over the three years GW2 has existed, what I’ve learned is that no matter how loud you shout, it is at Anet’s whim to look into any given aspect of our profession. It’s a complete roulette. Therefore there is no point in clinging onto my main in the naive hope that it will someday be fixed. Time will pass and the next round of elites will be rolled out. If it continues with the Tempest in the same vain then I’d advise you take a similar approach.

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

The Tempest isn’t broken. I think by “broken” you mean “not as powerful as I wanted”.

Oh of course, as a Ranger you don’t have to spell that last sentence out for me – I’ve been playing the legit most broken and unwanted profession in the game since the release of GW2. This is compounded by the fact that Druid hasn’t been revealed yet, and that we will have just 1 BWE’s worth of testing (though even that’s not confirmed). This is worrying seeing as Druid is the last potential lifeline for the Ranger profession, particularly in the context of the new Raid content. The only reason I’m hanging onto my Ranger is to see what Druid brings. If it’s not absolute king of the elites at support and/or control then I won’t hesitate to delete and re-roll a shiro/glint Revenant as my main. As a Ranger and active forum participant over the three years GW2 has existed, what I’ve learned is that no matter how loud you shout, it is at Anet’s whim to look into any given aspect of our profession. It’s a complete roulette. Therefore there is no point in clinging onto my main in the naive hope that it will someday be fixed. Time will pass and the next round of elites will be rolled out. If it continues with the Tempest in the same vain then I’d advise you take a similar approach.

It’s pretty broken in that it doesn’t have any synergy with the core elementalist specs. The tempest traits don’t even have much synergy among themselves. Another bad thing about the tempest is that its overloads offer effects that the ele could already do well. If you noticed I didn’t even mention if the tempest is powerful or not in this post, because it does many things wrong besides being a bit weak. I could continue writing about the flaws of the tempest but they have been stated many times before.

Of course I will likely choose other elite specs. It’s just that I feel pretty bad that my main likely got nothing new out of the expansion. As a ranger, you have it the worst out of all of us so far, that much is true. I have played my ranger all the way to 80 and seen all of their crappy utilities and their counter-intuitive trait choices. I also know about your broken profession mechanic. (Edit: Maybe I should say seriously or incredibly broken here. I haven’t seen anything working this bad in any other profession )

Rangers should be the priority profession in terms of a re-work. It really makes me wonder why other professions got more attention in the June 22 patch. However, that doesn’t mean that Anet should ignore other professions and I still believe that the tempest is an incredibly flawed elite spec.

(edited by Ganathar.4956)

Bryzy.2719

It’s pretty broken in that it doesn’t have any synergy with the core elementalist specs. The tempest traits don’t even have much synergy among themselves. Another bad thing about the tempest is that its overloads offer effects that the ele could already do well. If you noticed I didn’t even mention if the tempest is powerful or not in this post, because it does many things wrong besides being a bit weak. I could continue writing about the flaws of the tempest but they have been stated many times before.

Of course I will likely choose other elite specs. It’s just that I feel pretty bad that my main likely got nothing new out of the expansion. As a ranger, you have it the worst out of all of us so far, that much is true. I have played my ranger all the way to 80 and seen all of their crappy utilities and their counter-intuitive trait choices. I also know about your broken profession mechanic. (Edit: Maybe I should say seriously or incredibly broken here. I haven’t seen anything working this bad in any other profession )

Rangers should be the priority profession in terms of a re-work. It really makes me wonder why other professions got more attention in the June 22 patch. However, that doesn’t mean that Anet should ignore other professions and I still believe that the tempest is an incredibly flawed elite spec.

I agree, despite the position Ranger is in other professions shouldn’t be ignored. Who knows, maybe it’ll be different for the Tempest? Maybe it’s just that Anet are too overwhelmed by the avalanche of broken that is Ranger to want to tackle it? Sure, Tempest needs its tweaks like all the other elites – maybe you’ll get them in good time and you won’t have to worry anymore. If not, and Anet take a similar approach (i.e. hands over ears chanting “na na na I’m not listening!”) as they did with the Ranger, I’d just recommend leaving your options wide open. I’m just disappointed in myself that I didn’t switch to something else much, much sooner. And yet, despite all that negativity there is still some hope as to what Druid might bring – but maybe that’s just me still being naive. After all, would you rather own a house (read: elite spec) built upon a strong, finished foundation – or a weak, broken one?

Posted by: Pomdepin.7068

Pomdepin.7068

No no no and no !
It seems like a joke coming from an ele to ask for even more burn ! It is already insane. DD ele is one of the most hated class in pvp because it is overpowered. Making them stronger ?… No.

Burning is too powerful now, and needs to be tweaked. Berserker is in beta, ele is not. Then, tempest is more of a support class from what I’ve heard, so don’t expect it to be another DD ele.

Sorry but I just entirely disagree with your whole post. ^^’

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Just a little thing to think about: MetaBattle is for the “best”.
Burns builds are not the “best” according to MetaBattle, but it don’t means it’s useless nor impossible…

Scepter/Dagger
Fire Signet + Glyph of Storms + Cleansing Fire + Glyph of Elementals
Sinister items + Balthazar runes + Sigil of Smoldering
Burning Precision + Arcane Precision + Evasive Arcana

You’ll deal a huge amount of burning with that.

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

I would like to duel your warrior on any "weaker" class you mention,

i would also like to faceroll your warrior on my ele as well, just to show your ignorance
add me in game.

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

1500+ hours verteran.. yes yes ofc. 1500hrs standing afk in LA ?
To list a few thing:
- Ele have the best heal(water combo also counts)
- Ele have a really high mobility
- Ele have an insane might stack combo
- Ele have already insane burning, on the same level as an engineer
- Ele have the highest dmg as zerker
- Ele have the best combo field available
- They have access to various support stuff, like ice bow, reflection, etc.
- Good amount of condi removal

The reason you see more warrior is, they are easier to play. But weaker than ele in general. True speedrunners use more eles than warriors.

Also, calling the most op class in all areas(wvw, pvp, pve) weaker than a warrior tells us what kind of player you are. Try harder next time.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’d just like to point out that the Guardian should be the best Burn Profession in game.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Ranger gets forgotten most times because the class is the training wheels of the professions. Easiest class to pick up and kill things with, and I think by now its safe to assume that Anet has no idea how to fix pet AI, so how do you make them better?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

I disagree with OP. I like Tempest. It needs a few changes here and there, but it’s still cool.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Ranger gets forgotten most times because the class is the training wheels of the professions. Easiest class to pick up and kill things with, and I think by now its safe to assume that Anet has no idea how to fix pet AI, so how do you make them better?

Spirit weapons say hello