Suggestion: Spirit Shards to Hero Points

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

If they make Hero points purchase able on a basis of 1 spirit shard to 1 hero point I believe it would help folks like myself that do not like open world pve content deal with the absurd amount of hero points required just to be able to play the new content, since spirit shards seem to accumulate without having many uses.

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

did you even read anything about the new elite spec stuff?
400 points required, and hero point challenges in HoT maps give 10 hero points, where everywhere else in Tyria they give 1.
also your suggestion makes no sense, you’re basically saying “I don’t care about the new content, so let me play the new content.”

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

400 points required, and hero point challenges in HoT maps give 10 hero points, where everywhere else in Tyria they give 1.
also your suggestion makes no sense, you’re basically saying “I don’t care about the new content, so let me play the new content.”

People want to play the new content WITH the elite specizalations. I have no problems converting spirit shards to HP. no reason we shouldn’t be allowed if we want to

Posted by: IchbinVol.5407

IchbinVol.5407

I dont think it should be 1, for 1. Maybe 10-25, for 1.

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

you can still use the Elite spec without spending all 400, 400 is merely the number needed to complete the track. a good amount of the traits will be unlockable for less.

Raak Bloodmaw

Posted by: ZenJii.7490

ZenJii.7490

You only Need 60 hpts to get to Play as the elite specialization. the 400 are to unlock everything around it (skins, traits, blabla).

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Imagine you got 9 classes maxed.

It’d take a total of 3600 shards.

I played this game for 3 years, and my Spirit Shard count is around 4k with all my characters’ skill points combined.

Now don’t you feel like 1 on 1 is actually reasonable, consider some of my characters already leveled 1000+ times way before the expansion.

Posted by: IchbinVol.5407

IchbinVol.5407

Imagine you got 9 classes maxed.

It’d take a total of 3600 shards.

I played this game for 3 years, and my Spirit Shard count is around 4k with all my characters’ skill points combined.

Now don’t you feel like 1 on 1 is actually reasonable, consider some of my characters already leveled 1000+ times way before the expansion.

Well, the whole point is to make you earn it. So, no, it’s not fair. However, it’s better than forcing you to rush into Maguuma, and spamming the same crap, instead of just “playing the game”.

It’s a give & take, thing.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Hero points are meant to be a limited resource, so converting something is simply not going to happen. If you want an alternative method, it would have to be like WvW, but be careful about wanting that. Offering alternatives means they can justify stuff they wouldn’t normally do, like requiring PvP for PvE, like how the trait unlocks used to work.

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

I don’t want to do those challenges because, like I said open world pve is boring to me, and the wvw way to get them is outrageously costly, 200 wvw ranks and 6000 badges per character???!!!! I want to have other methods of obtaining the hero points. I would not even mind a pvp reward track that gives them. Seriously anything but doing open world pve.

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I don’t want to do those challenges because, like I said open world pve is boring to me, and the wvw way to get them is outrageously costly, 200 wvw ranks and 6000 badges per character???!!!! I want to have other methods of obtaining the hero points. I would not even mind a pvp reward track that gives them. Seriously anything but doing open world pve.

Start saving your liquid WXP, supposedly being converted to WXP boosters which will make those 200 ranks a little faster. Thank god I have so many birthday and celebration boosters that I never found a use for.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]