[Suggestion] Wings for Glider

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Most of us have a pair of wings as our backpiece these days. I wonder if we can use them for gliding instead of using a glider? Besides, I think it looks slight silly to have wings while still using a glider anyway.

What do you think?

Posted by: Seyta Hamon.8071

Seyta Hamon.8071

I’m taking a shot in the dark here, but the in game model for the wings we have seen as well as the pre-rendered stuff, it looks like the glider item will replace any currently equipped back item like the engineer weapon kits do.

However, if they want top toss in different skins for the gliders i wont complain.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m taking a shot in the dark here, but the in game model for the wings we have seen as well as the pre-rendered stuff, it looks like the glider item will replace any currently equipped back item like the engineer weapon kits do.

However, if they want top toss in different skins for the gliders i wont complain.

Correct. I tested it during the beta stress test by giving myself the wings for my backpack.

When gliding, the backpack disappears. So, no wings AND glider. I do hope that they come out with alternate gliders for people using the wings and other such backpacks, though.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Oh My God.8423

So the HoT glider is actually NOT a hand glider but some kind of thing attached to your back?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You mentioned the backpack wings. Imagine if they’re attached at the shoulder, and then you strap them to your arms as well, so when you stretch out your arms the wings extend. That’s pretty much what it’s like, just made with big leaves.

I’m hoping that this means that the wings will be an alternate model that is used if you have the wing backpack.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Oh My God.8423

So… the “Aeroplane mode” with wings this time…

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

I don’t think you should be able to fly with plastic crow wings, the back slot becoming the glider slow would also force players to make new back pieces to do the new content, image if you had to trade your ascended back for a blue glider to play content.

Also plastic crow wings can’t make you fly…

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

I don’t think you should be able to fly with plastic crow wings, the back slot becoming the glider slow would also force players to make new back pieces to do the new content, image if you had to trade your ascended back for a blue glider to play content.

Also plastic crow wings can’t make you fly…

They’re not plastic! They’re just..,.extra fluffy…..

Anyway, give us an option to hide gliders. There.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I wouldn’t be surprised if the wings ended up being able to be used as a glider skin. I played the stress test and the glider pretty much sticks out of your back like a pair of wings, without the appearance of wings. It definitely didn’t look like a regular glider.

Posted by: Bwembo.8531

Bwembo.8531

I would like a flying mount. Let the mount have the wings. Not likely to see that because it would make some jumping puzzles a little easier.

Oh My God.8423

Gliding with our own wings are way more personal and cooler indeed.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Guildlogo gliders, go for it….