Sylvari & Not?

Sylvari & Not?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Q:

I have some questions about the HoT story. So, we all know that when you play as a sylvari through the story, you’ll hear the voice of Mordremoth in your head and various things will happen to “change it up” so to speak. I wish to play a sylvari through the story. My friend wishes to play a human through the story.
1) If I open the instance do we both hear the voice of mordremoth because it’s my instance?
2) If either of us open the instance do only I hear the voice of mordremoth because I’m the only sylvari?
3) If he opens the instance do neither of us hear the voice of mordremoth because it’s his instance?
4) If either of us open the instance do neither of us hear the voice of mordremoth because we’re not both sylvari?
5) Is there any way he’ll hear the voice of mordremoth? Or will it not happen because he’s a human?

Thanks!

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: phandaria.4891

phandaria.4891

As you said, there are 2 “extra” stuff when playing sylvari: (1)you hear mordremoth speak instead of a roar and (2)“things” happens.

(1)I am not sure for voice of Mordremoth, in the lore, only sylvari could hear though.

(2)From my experience, for “things” to happen, sylvari character need to open the instance. Any other player is treated as guest, and “things” happen only to the sylvari commander. Nothing happens to non-commander sylvari.

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

I play a Sylvari, a friend of mine plays a Charr. When I opened the instance my friend stated that he could hear Mordremoth speaking – he just didn’t see the little cutscenes you get as a Sylvari, with these “things” to happen. So he always had to ask: What happend? What was that? And stuff. ^^

Oh and… playing the final chapter as a Sylvari without taking some company with you is especially ‘fun’… ^^" (I hope you get the irony here… it doesn’t change anything if you take some NON Sylvari company with you, not for you that is… xD But you’ll be happy to know that they’re there…) Because afaik the “things” that happen there happen to every Sylvari… ^^"

Trahearne <3

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

1) If I open the instance do we both hear the voice of mordremoth because it’s my instance?

No, only the Sylvari characters can hear Mordremoth speaks.

2) If either of us open the instance do only I hear the voice of mordremoth because I’m the only sylvari?

Yes, that’s correct.

3) If he opens the instance do neither of us hear the voice of mordremoth because it’s his instance?

Uhhh... I still believe you’ll only hear him, not your Charr-friend.

4) If either of us open the instance do neither of us hear the voice of mordremoth because we’re not both sylvari?

No, you’ll not hear Mordremoth if you are non-Sylvari character.

5) Is there any way he’ll hear the voice of mordremoth? Or will it not happen because he’s a human?

He has to be a Sylvari character, then he’ll hear Mordremoth’s call,
Jooin us... Sylvari is the mater race.. muwahhahaha!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I don’t agree with the blatant sylvari favoritism. I shouldn’t be forced to level yet another character to 80 and buy another character slot just for a character I’ll only care about just for sylvari only achievements. Those achievements need to be deleted because not everyone has a sylvari and I shouldn’t need to make a sylvari just for an ascended trinket.

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I don’t agree with the blatant sylvari favoritism. I shouldn’t be forced to level yet another character to 80 and buy another character slot just for a character I’ll only care about just for sylvari only achievements. Those achievements need to be deleted because not everyone has a sylvari and I shouldn’t need to make a sylvari just for an ascended trinket.

I agree, delete ALL achievements I don’t want to do!

If you don’t want to create a Sylvari, don’t, you’ll live without that achievement (whatever it is, I’ve no idea myself).

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Or just party up with a Sylvari for that instance.

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Or just party up with a Sylvari for that instance.

This. My husband got this achievement on an asura because I started that instance. If you don’t know anyone that plays sylvari poke me in game and I’ll help you with that one.

Sylvari & Not?

Simplicity.7208

I’ve gotten two different answers to the questions…One says his Charr friend can hear the call even though he’s a Charr…one says it will only work for Sylvari….

What’s the actual answer?

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’ve gotten two different answers to the questions…One says his Charr friend can hear the call even though he’s a Charr…one says it will only work for Sylvari….

What’s the actual answer?

It sounds like a bug if his charr friend couldn’t hear. I brought an asura along in my sylvari instance and she heard Mordremoth speak.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

If you don’t want to create a Sylvari, don’t, you’ll live without that achievement (whatever it is, I’ve no idea myself).

And without that trinket I’m owed too for completing the other achieves. Where are the human only or asura only achievements that give ascended trinkets? Do we not deserve ascended trinkets too without needing to bother or if too long have to pay? Why should someone have an extra income stream merely for picking the “right” race? They said at launch that races are purely cosmetic and the only thing it’ll influence is the personal story. Once you give out ascended trinkets to needing some races but not others it favors that race mechanically. The race never appealed to me and with Trahearne, Faolin, and Canach I like them even less.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

And without that trinket I’m owed too for completing the other achieves. Where are the human only or asura only achievements that give ascended trinkets? Do we not deserve ascended trinkets too without needing to bother or if too long have to pay? Why should someone have an extra income stream merely for picking the “right” race? They said at launch that races are purely cosmetic and the only thing it’ll influence is the personal story. Once you give out ascended trinkets to needing some races but not others it favors that race mechanically. The race never appealed to me and with Trahearne, Faolin, and Canach I like them even less.

…Again. You yourself do not need to be Sylvari. Bring a sylvari friend/guildmate/random person with you to star the story instance.

Sylvari & Not?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Mordremoth talks to you when play as a sylvari? Darn… I must not have been listening cause I didn’t notice that at all.

Sylvari & Not?

Simplicity.7208

So, if I am to understand correctly, when a Sylvari opens the instance everyone in the instance can hear Mordremoth’s call, but the post processing and “stuff” only happens to the instance owner.

What happens when a non-sylvari opens an instance then with a sylvari in the party? Can the sylvari hear the call?