TD META [LUCK] Guide to succeed!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

OVERVIEW

Alright everyone.
Deadly Cuddles here and all that fancy jazz.

You might know me from the…
Twisted Marionette
Scarlet’s Invasion or more commonly known for
EOTM ktrains for uplevels against HK and also more specifically
Tangled Depths META.

Over the past few weeks I’ve been idly scrolling through a lot of people complaining and whining about TD META being so kittened in the sense that you have to wait 2 hours for a 15 minute event that can fail in pretty much 2 minutes from the very beginning…

MISINFORMATION
I have heard a lot of misinformation due to Youtubers/Streamers and even the community. (No offense and such)

Let me start off by saying that this is pretty much the same as RAIDs in regards to that you need a specific amount of DPS and SUPPORT classes. You will NOT win with 30 Chronomancers at range with greatswords (Example)

If you HAVE a strong burst DPS class like a PS zerk/burnzerk or even a dragonhunter, revenant, zerk tempest/reaper (spamming gravedigger) you should you should really re-roll that class in place of your current class unless you are experienced in just that class you play.

These classes would be highly preferred as majority rather than having 1-3 of each and than say having 30 engineers running slickshoes (please no…)

STRATEGY

The misinformation that I was previously speaking of is mostly regarding the fact that so many people are saying… “Oh we need 15 people on every single lane no more no less!”
or
“No more than 20 on Nuhoch lane!”

I would like to clear things up by showing you a video guide (with some tired bleh voice over) regarding the issues people have with Nuhoch lane and especially the other lanes near the end.

as you can see with the video, we run every single run with the following…

SCAR LANE 18-20.
RATA NOVUS LANE 18-20.
OGRE LANE 20-21.
NUHOCH LANE EXACTLY 24 experienced players ONLY.

Nuhoch needs 2 people on every shroom (A shroom buddy) minus the south side shrooms which should have 3 people rotating and 4 people dedicated to killing the Chak army heading towards the cannon.

People may argue and say “Waaaaaah! 24 people will upscale the event! Wah!” we get constant phase 2 kills every single run (give or take phase 2 5%) so I don’t see them putting up much of a valid argument here in that regard.

The reason we push so hard to get a PHASE 2 kill is due to the fact that PHASE 3 bugs
A LOT.

BUGS

I briefly explained in the video that there is a 50/50 chance that even if you are all in position and you have all been stomping and killing from the very beginning, there is always a very close call due to the spores no-longer spawning or taking 20 seconds to respawn when the timer is at 0:02 and 95-99% spores released.

Phase 2 you may have noticed that I tried to pull the Chak further out from the lane, this is due to another bug where if you fight the Chak in the poison and end up killing him while the spore poison debuff is up, you would immediately receive a permanent 10 stack of it and have no way of surviving just endless people reviving you never allowing you to die.

I’ve spoken to one of the Nuhoch lane devs that helped create the mechanics, told him my view on it, the bugs and this was weeks ago, there have been no changes made or any fixes so… I don’t think they seem to care lol

TIPS

We have run TD so much it’s basically just become another boring event to us but the reason why we do it is because other people still need it. That being said if you still need help try doing the following…

NUHOCH LANE
Check video above for accurate assistance

SCAR RIFLES are obsolete and do nothing to help DPS.
Everyone assumes that you NEED scar rifles to succeed well we proved them wrong two times in a row now, by having scar lane bugged and without Scar rifles and also not using them, ending up with Scar lane killing it on phase 2 something we have never seen before.

RATA NOVUS is pretty simple as well a little more challenging than OGRE.
You need to smash open the ley energy containers and use the dropped contents to power the nearby golems which help lure out the chak the higher you get it the more DPS you can manage. Ideally you want 3-4 people assigned to a container of the 4 that spawn you want to reach 7+ on phase 1.

OGRE
One of the most simplistic lanes of all 4. You simply spread out destroy the Chak Eggs and then fight the boss, but don’t get too kitteny as OGRE lane is always the one that slacks on DPS due to everyone spamming CC.

TL;DR

Don’t overscale.
SCAR LANE 18-20.
RATA NOVUS LANE 18-20.
OGRE LANE 20-21.

Get as many DPS classes as possible and NO-CC and you should have no problems with this META…

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

(edited by Nekomi.9562)

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Yea had a successful random pug run, I was on my DH, pure zerk in SCAR, and we had about 20 on each lane give or take. Lots of icebows and people actually using the bows

One of the commanders made the comment for SCAR; It needs the most pure DPS out of the lanes due to not having any lane mechanisms that increased the Gerent damage taken. Just passing what I heard, dunno if it’s true, as I always go scar or nuhoch.

I had another run with 15 max at Nuhoch, failed because of the bug, while every other lane killed it:/ So maybe we’d want more there to burn it down faster to prevent bugging?

Posted by: JonathanGariepy.9021

JonathanGariepy.9021

Hard to argue with DeadlyCuddles when he manage to kill TD meta with almost 3 minutes left on the timer… 3 minutes of standing idle hoping you don’t get disconnected, never thought I’d see that on Chak Gerent

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It can be done with CC just as easily as I’ve been on maps that have done both methods. Players will just have to use situational awareness, or having someone calling out, where the purple donuts spawn.

Whatever strategy the commanders choose, everyone needs to follow it. If the commanders are using the no CC strategy then nobody should be using CC. If commanders are using the CC strategy then they better all use CC when the bar comes up.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Nekomi.9562

Yea had a successful random pug run, I was on my DH, pure zerk in SCAR, and we had about 20 on each lane give or take. Lots of icebows and people actually using the bows

One of the commanders made the comment for SCAR; It needs the most pure DPS out of the lanes due to not having any lane mechanisms that increased the Gerent damage taken. Just passing what I heard, dunno if it’s true, as I always go scar or nuhoch.

I had another run with 15 max at Nuhoch, failed because of the bug, while every other lane killed it:/ So maybe we’d want more there to burn it down faster to prevent bugging?

Yes this would be correct.

Due to Scar having no ability to stop the instant CC (even with leveling the thumper to 1 and then failing) it is best to bring maximum DPS and max out the thumper one thing to keep in mind is that you should also avoid throwing him next to the cannon…

So many times we’ve seen him lay a donut on the cannon an shivers

Ideally you would want to have 24 due to 2 on every mushroom as a (spore buddy) and 4 people on the chak squad NO-CC because CC is just annoying and why would you want to CC the chak when he is standing under an overpass his donuts will bug out an stay on the ceiling

(edited by Nekomi.9562)

Nekomi.9562

Hard to argue with DeadlyCuddles when he manage to kill TD meta with almost 3 minutes left on the timer… 3 minutes of standing idle hoping you don’t get disconnected, never thought I’d see that on Chak Gerent

I’mma take a nap.

Ven Zehn.6573

Yea, cc’s tend to do less damage too, so you’re wasting valuable DPS for a cc that wont really increase benefit you/everyone.
I think some people just activate every skill that’s not on cooldown thinking that it’s better:(

Ayrilana.1396

Yea, cc’s tend to do less damage too, so you’re wasting valuable DPS for a cc that wont really increase benefit you/everyone.
I think some people just activate every skill that’s not on cooldown thinking that it’s better:(

If done properly, it’s only 1-2 seconds of people using their CC. One thing to consider is how much DPS is lost from trying to avoid the falling rocks it channels, reviving downed players, getting downed, etc.

I do want to say that I am not arguing for one method over the other. They both have their pros and cons. What I don’t want is for one method to become the one and only way to do something when it’s not the case.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I actually expected a proper guide when I came in here. I’ve managed to succeed at the meta without following what you’ve listed. Mostly because you’re lucky if 84 players actually arrive. Nuhoch lane is run with 15 frequently because the other lanes just can’t spare the extra 9 players.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Ven Zehn.6573

I’d say it’s enough of a guide, most of us have been trying these long enough to understand most mechanics, but I think OP gives more insight that can be useful, especially if you want to try to organize an attempt rather than relying on luck of the draw.

And yea, having to rez downs definitely hurts DPS more than anything else.

Nekomi.9562

I agree due to the fact that you gain no bonus like say you get from a CC’d Thornheart from dragon stand (hitting 300k hundred blades and such which does not apply here)

Nekomi.9562

If done properly, it’s only 1-2 seconds of people using their CC. One thing to consider is how much DPS is lost from trying to avoid the falling rocks it channels, reviving downed players, getting downed, etc.

I do want to say that I am not arguing for one method over the other. They both have their pros and cons. What I don’t want is for one method to become the one and only way to do something when it’s not the case.

That is why we have a bunch of classes that give Aegis for blocking those hits, in the video I didn’t get many of them cause pretty sure they might have no been running it but for the most part stacking with (block next incoming attack) is way better than rolling about.

Nekomi.9562

I actually expected a proper guide when I came in here. I’ve managed to succeed at the meta without following what you’ve listed. Mostly because you’re lucky if 84 players actually arrive. Nuhoch lane is run with 15 frequently because the other lanes just can’t spare the extra 9 players.

Normally you want to setup ahead of time, if you’re especially there for the…

H.O.P.E collection
or for the MISTWARD collection then honestly you want to maximize your overall ability to guaranteed a win rather than crossing your fingers by hopping into a TD posting LFG “TD META” and hoping you win.

We’ve never had a probelm with our guild / 50% Pugs and 50% guild nor 80% pugs and 20% guildies.

So long as you prepare and politely ask people to either relog to a new instance or tag along to reap the rewards no lane should ever be “Light”

That an it’s more of a guide from what we run to get 100% wins ever run (so long as the pugs we take in listen) o3o

(edited by Nekomi.9562)

Ven Zehn.6573

Yea, it’s kind of weird that the breakbars work differently for Gerent than from other bosses/champs, that take increased damage with their bar broken.
I mean, you’d think breaking the Gerent bars would be the goal, with the way Anet has set it up.

Nekomi.9562

Yea, it’s kind of weird that the breakbars work differently for Gerent than from other bosses/champs, that take increased damage with their bar broken.
I mean, you’d think breaking the Gerent bars would be the goal, with the way Anet has set it up.

Quite possible that they were expecting players to CC him in hopes to do more damage but decided to reverse it? GASP

Either way Nuhoch and a bunch of other lanes are bugged (but for beneficial reasons unlike nuhoch lane) so eh

(edited by Nekomi.9562)

Ayrilana.1396

That is why we have a bunch of classes that give Aegis for blocking those hits, in the video I didn’t get many of them cause pretty sure they might have no been running it but for the most part stacking with (block next incoming attack) is way better than rolling about.

From what I remember, only guardians can give party wide aegis. A few other classes have access to give it to themselves under certain conditions or based on RNG. There are some rune sets that I think give them but again, aegis only gets applied to just that player when the conditions are met and there’s the internal cool down timer is up.

The falling rocks come down at such frequent intervals, while often overlapping, that it’s difficult to rely on aegis all the time. Using skills that block also take away DPS. It’s also not feasible to have enough classes to provide that as guardian’s DPS is lacking compared to that of other classes.

Again, having to deal with the falling rocks, and the potential loss of DPS from them, is one of the cons of that strategy. Just like how the other strategy has cons that also result in a loss of DPS.

Edit: Took awhile to respond and saw another post. The collection for HOPE requires a gerent kill. Whether or not you suceed the meta doesn’t matter. We failed the meta last Saturday but people were able to still get the item they needed.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

That an it’s more of a guide from what we run to get 100% wins ever run (so long as the pugs we take in listen)

“So long as the pugs we take in listen”. Pretty much anyone can make that same claim, that’s entirely the problem that has inspired so many posts about this event. That’s like a sports announcer saying something like, “if he wants to score, he’ll need to get the ball in the basket.”

Kash
NSP

Nekomi.9562

From what I remember, only guardians can give party wide aegis. A few other classes have access to give it to themselves under certain conditions or based on RNG. There are some rune sets that I think give them but again, aegis only gets applied to just that player when the conditions are met and there’s the internal cool down timer is up.

The falling rocks come down at such frequent intervals, while often overlapping, that it’s difficult to rely on aegis all the time. Using skills that block also take away DPS. It’s also not feasible to have enough classes to provide that as guardian’s DPS is lacking compared to that of other classes.

Again, having to deal with the falling rocks, and the potential loss of DPS from them, is one of the cons of that strategy. Just like how the other strategy has cons that also result in a loss of DPS.

Edit: Took awhile to respond and saw another post. The collection for HOPE requires a gerent kill. Whether or not you suceed the meta doesn’t matter. We failed the meta last Saturday but people were able to still get the item they needed.

Gotta look at the mitigation though if you have people pushed around by the chak right into his pools rather than having him hugged against a wall for a potential cceiling aoe thats a plush but for the most part you are not stacking in the same spot forever you are moving from right to left the only reason I got downed so much in the vid is because I was calling :p

Nekomi.9562

That an it’s more of a guide from what we run to get 100% wins ever run (so long as the pugs we take in listen)

“So long as the pugs we take in listen”. Pretty much anyone can make that same claim, that’s entirely the problem that has inspired so many posts about this event. That’s like a sports announcer saying something like, “if he wants to score, he’ll need to get the ball in the basket.”

for the most part people listen which is great, regardless if we lose or win we do it to help people who are struggling or just do not have time to wait through 5 runs of failures.

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

OVERVIEW

Alright everyone.

Twisted Marionette
Tangled Depths META.

Over the past few weeks I’ve been idly scrolling through a lot of people complaining and whining about TD META being so kittened in the sense that you have to wait 2 hours for a 15 minute event that can fail in pretty much 2 minutes from the very beginning…

MISINFORMATION
I have heard a lot of misinformation due to Youtubers/Streamers and even the community. (No offense and such)

Let me start off by saying that this is pretty much the same as RAIDs in regards to that you need a specific amount of DPS and SUPPORT classes. You will NOT win with 30 Chronomancers at range with greatswords (Example)

If you HAVE a strong burst DPS class like a PS zerk/burnzerk or even a dragonhunter, revenant, zerk tempest/reaper (spamming gravedigger) you should you should really re-roll that class in place of your current class unless you are experienced in just that class you play.

These classes would be highly preferred as majority rather than having 1-3 of each and than say having 30 engineers running slickshoes (please no…)

STRATEGY

The misinformation that I was previously speaking of is mostly regarding the fact that so many people are saying… “Oh we need 15 people on every single lane no more no less!”
or

I would like to clear things up by showing you a video guide (with some tired bleh voice over) regarding the issues people have with Nuhoch lane and especially the other lanes near the end.

SCAR LANE 18-20.
RATA NOVUS LANE 18-20.
OGRE LANE 20-21.

Nuhoch needs 2 people on every shroom (A shroom buddy) minus the south side shrooms which should have 3 people rotating and 4 people dedicated to killing the Chak army heading towards the cannon.

People may argue and say “Waaaaaah! 24 people will upscale the event! Wah!” we get constant phase 2 kills every single run (give or take phase 2 5%) so I don’t see them putting up much of a valid argument here in that regard.

The reason we push so hard to get a PHASE 2 kill is due to the fact that PHASE 3 bugs
A LOT.

BUGS

I briefly explained in the video that there is a 50/50 chance that even if you are all in position and you have all been stomping and killing from the very beginning, there is always a very close call due to the spores no-longer spawning or taking 20 seconds to respawn when the timer is at 0:02 and 95-99% spores released.

Phase 2 you may have noticed that I tried to pull the Chak further out from the lane, this is due to another bug where if you fight the Chak in the poison and end up killing him while the spore poison debuff is up, you would immediately receive a permanent 10 stack of it and have no way of surviving just endless people reviving you never allowing you to die.

I’ve spoken to one of the Nuhoch lane devs that helped create the mechanics, told him my view on it, the bugs and this was weeks ago, there have been no changes made or any fixes so… I don’t think they seem to care lol

TL;DR

Don’t overscale.
SCAR LANE 18-20.
RATA NOVUS LANE 18-20.
OGRE LANE 20-21.

Get as many DPS classes as possible and NO-CC and you should have no problems with this META…

And now the 1 million $ question is: How in hell are you supposed to manage that kind of control?

Even in maps almost exclusively populated by ONE guild you always have random pugs passing by that will add themselves with their PTV gear and upscale it all no matter how much you repeated to not do that. It’s not a raid where you have a say on who participate and who do not. It’s an open world content… GL getting precisely 24 in Nuhoch with DPS gear that all know what to do and will wp if dead… and the same apply to all lanes…

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

Ven Zehn.6573

Well, if anything, the 2 lanes that most commonly fail from what I’ve seen are Nuhoch and Scar, the other 2 are really a nonissue usually. As such just focusing on how to succeed at those 2 regularly is the important part imo.

Posted by: Tacit Ronin.2097

Tacit Ronin.2097

So I’ve just done another fail map of this. I was at SCAR. Now I usually do Ogre because it has that facerolly DPS goodness that I so enjoy, but I’ll go where I’m needed. Anywho, the Commander on SCAR advised us to CC.

Everything I’ve read stresses to avoid CC at all costs, is the SCAR Gerent the exception? Or did our taco not know what he was talking about?

Nekomi.9562

Well, if anything, the 2 lanes that most commonly fail from what I’ve seen are Nuhoch and Scar, the other 2 are really a nonissue usually. As such just focusing on how to succeed at those 2 regularly is the important part imo.

Hrmm sorry for slow reply just finished up our first and last run of the day.

I have to say even with SCAR bugged for no rifles we did pretty good.

Nuhoch, Scar and Rata dead on phase 2 (6:30 minutes before cannon fired) while Ogre was left at 5% to go in through phase 3.

Nekomi.9562

So I’ve just done another fail map of this. I was at SCAR. Now I usually do Ogre because it has that facerolly DPS goodness that I so enjoy, but I’ll go where I’m needed. Anywho, the Commander on SCAR advised us to CC.

Everything I’ve read stresses to avoid CC at all costs, is the SCAR Gerent the exception? Or did our taco not know what he was talking about?

The thing with SCAR lane is that the side event which i mentioned in the video is actually a massive CC (instantly breaks his CC) so ideally if you have people that just love spamming all the skills they have you would want them on that lane because NO-CC is the exception to this lane an this lane only.

Nekomi.9562

OVERVIEW

Alright everyone.

Twisted Marionette
Tangled Depths META.

MISINFORMATION

STRATEGY

or

SCAR LANE 18-20.
RATA NOVUS LANE 18-20.
OGRE LANE 20-21.

A LOT.

BUGS

TL;DR

Don’t overscale.
SCAR LANE 18-20.
RATA NOVUS LANE 18-20.
OGRE LANE 20-21.

And now the 1 million $ question is: How in hell are you supposed to manage that kind of control?

Even in maps almost exclusively populated by ONE guild you always have random pugs passing by that will add themselves with their PTV gear and upscale it all no matter how much you repeated to not do that. It’s not a raid where you have a say on who participate and who do not. It’s an open world content… GL getting precisely 24 in Nuhoch with DPS gear that all know what to do and will wp if dead… and the same apply to all lanes…

Well honestly I have never seen the problem aside from when we say something like…

“Hey guys, if you could either relog to let people in or come join us for the TD META that would be fantastic.” rather than coming in an forcing people out and shoving things down their throat.

The events been out for a month now? People should know at least one lane by now.
Nuhoch = Stomp spores kill sporelings run 30 seconds before next phase.
Scar = level up thumper an honestly you don’t even need the rifles unless you’re a low dps class.
Ogre = You smash as many eggs as possible and kill the chak
Rata is something something golem or bug it by luring him into the lasers (cheap)

We try to ask people to bring their best gear (exotic is fine) PTV is fine so long as you’re not say running with nomads an stuff like that.

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Well honestly I have never seen the problem aside from when we say something like…

“Hey guys, if you could either relog to let people in or come join us for the TD META that would be fantastic.” rather than coming in an forcing people out and shoving things down their throat.

The events been out for a month now? People should know at least one lane by now.
Scar = level up thumper an honestly you don’t even need the rifles unless you’re a low dps class.
Rata is something something golem or bug it by luring him into the lasers (cheap)

We try to ask people to bring their best gear (exotic is fine) PTV is fine so long as you’re not say running with nomads an stuff like that.

I’ve seen it VERY often that we would get completely ignored even when being super nice and open. Many simply do not care at all is what I can see. Some will even tag up for HP and refuse to move no matter what. Humans will be humans. The problem of that meta is that it required something we can’t really control. We can maximize and hope for the state we want but that is it.

I’ve defeated all gerents several times but never all 4 at the same time despite knowing perfectly what to do and when to do with perfect gear. I can only control so much…

Nekomi.9562

I’ve seen it VERY often that we would get completely ignored even when being super nice and open. Many simply do not care at all is what I can see. Some will even tag up for HP and refuse to move no matter what. Humans will be humans. The problem of that meta is that it required something we can’t really control. We can maximize and hope for the state we want but that is it.

I’ve defeated all gerents several times but never all 4 at the same time despite knowing perfectly what to do and when to do with perfect gear. I can only control so much…

If you’re NA you’re welcome to join us for tomorrows run 2 hours before reset (setup)
We deal with those kinds of people all the time but people know we always succeed regardless so most people just come cause I know what you mean.

“Oh we loooooooooooooooove you! can you help or let others in?”

“Nah! go fihruiferuif YOURSELVES think you can come in here TAKING OVER!?”

Lol

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

If you’re NA you’re welcome to join us for tomorrows run 2 hours before reset (setup)
We deal with those kinds of people all the time but people know we always succeed regardless so most people just come cause I know what you mean.

Lol

I’ll take your invite for sure. See you tomorrow hoping I won’t hit a full server.

Nekomi.9562

Lol

I’ll take your invite for sure. See you tomorrow hoping I won’t hit a full server.

Normally you will unless you contact us early as we basically wait in AB with 40 people in the squad and push into TD causing a completely new instance with 0 tier and 0 players.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The problem with succeeding at the TD meta is not knowing what to do, it’s about finding your way to a map that has 100-odd other players who also know what to do.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Nekomi.9562

The problem with succeeding at the TD meta is not knowing what to do, it’s about finding your way to a map that has 100-odd other players who also know what to do.

If you do not sit down and “put up” with people who do not know what to do how will anyone ever learn? This is pretty much the kind of attitude that makes TD so challenging.

You go in with the attitude of…

“Wow you don’t know how to do this event? Get the kittened out”

We go in to help people finish their collections and also learn That lane specifically be it SCAR, RATA or OGRE. Nuhoch is normally left to the experienced players.

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Last time I tried this meta, I saw a staff guardian. So yeah, no wonder it fails all the time.
When designing these events, Anet need to remember that some pugs are kittened.

Nekomi.9562

Last time I tried this meta, I saw a staff guardian. So yeah, no wonder it fails all the time.
When designing these events, Anet need to remember that some pugs are kittened.

While I do agree that some pugs are kittened beyond all hope and repair most are actually pretty decent players a lot of people sneak in with level 1’s too because they think it’s faster to level there (I mean it used to be with the Bacon HP but you know…)

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

If you do not sit down and “put up” with people who do not know what to do how will anyone ever learn? This is pretty much the kind of attitude that makes TD so challenging.

I didn’t say anything about kicking anyone out, it’s just very frustrating to be thirty seconds into the event and “the X lane has failed” because nobody even bothered.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Smoosh.2718

Smoosh.2718

I do like this boss, shame you do have to wait for it though, Great fun fighting it. But when My map killed it, we had over 7m remaining on the timer. Not even joking, super fast kill!

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

I do like this boss, shame you do have to wait for it though, Great fun fighting it. But when My map killed it, we had over 7m remaining on the timer. Not even joking, super fast kill!

Dang xD When my map killed it, the last boss (in my lane – SCAR) died as the timer hit 0:00. It was funny because the event medal pops up in the top right if you kill the boss in your lane or if you fail to kill it, so everyone was panicking over if we won or lost. People were like “NOOOO!” in map chat, and I was like “KILLED IT WITH ONE SECOND LEFT ON THE CLOCK!” And then everyone was like “YEAHHHHH!” So yeah :P That was by far the most amazing way to beat the event for the first time =) Seeing the wall blown open was just… Wonderful!

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

We go in to help people finish their collections and also learn That lane specifically be it SCAR, RATA or OGRE. Nuhoch is normally left to the experienced players.

To be fair, I did put up a lot with ppl but too often it was in vain. I was often taking a lot of time explaining all to anyone who would care to listen only to realize that even simple things like ‘if you are dead, please WP’ were completely ignored despite having explained why it is important to do so.

Sure, if you go into the instance with a squad of 40 all at once it will help a lot but that you have to do this is clearly the sign of a problem for an open world content.

But I’ll add you to my friend list to make it easy to contact you and I’ll ask you for a spot if it’s ok with you. I’ve tried this event over 30 times without success (many attempts almost made it tho) and it was not because of lack of knowledge or the patience to put up with others. I’m human too, and at some point feeling you have so little power over your success is going to be very frustrating.

Nekomi.9562

I didn’t say anything about kicking anyone out, it’s just very frustrating to be thirty seconds into the event and “the X lane has failed” because nobody even bothered.

Nor was I implying you kick people out, but overall you need to be there at least 2 hours in advance to actually have a 99% chance of winning.

Otherwise you go in 30 mins beforehand an everyones like “Nope.”

Nekomi.9562

You’d have to kill them on phase 1 to make that kind of time which is impossible unless you kill Rata Novus by using the laser bug to insta-down him. Fastest we’ve killed SCAR, RATA, NUHOCH was 6:30 minutes on the clock but the entire instance done with over 7minutes is not possible, 6:30 is if everyones on their highest DPS duty but yeah.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for the post, DC. I expect your group (as well as others) will help us all to realize that PUGs will be able to do all the new metas reliably, once folks figure out what it takes. I appreciate the effort you put into sharing the benefits of your experience.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Nekomi.9562

Thanks for the post, DC. I expect your group (as well as others) will help us all to realize that PUGs will be able to do all the new metas reliably, once folks figure out what it takes. I appreciate the effort you put into sharing the benefits of your experience.

Honestly most people should already realize it’s not the LANE but the people involved in it. But yeah you’re welcome we will be runnin in 4 hours for our only run today then again on Thursday / Friday because we’ve burnt out on HoT content especially me lol

Ven Zehn.6573

Just did a run last night, failed by an infinitely small %, like, Gerent looked to be at 0 lol…. I blame it on myself:( Died in a donut, and had to run back lol.

Nekomi.9562

Just did a run last night, failed by an infinitely small %, like, Gerent looked to be at 0 lol…. I blame it on myself:( Died in a donut, and had to run back lol.

How could you!? You’ve let down everyone!
We did ours last night an killed 3 lanes on phase 2 decent I guess lol

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

How do i tell ppl in the map who don’t want or not interested in doing the meta to go kitten off?

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

How do i tell ppl in the map who don’t want or not interested in doing the meta to go kitten off?

You can’t. You can do your best to have them on your side and do as Neko here who will come with a full squad of 40+ in map to land in a new instance but if you have passive-aggressive people you have to live with it.

BTW. NEKO I did pm you in game (Celestia Manastorm) and the only thing you could answer me to my question was either nothing or was “MEOW”… Have you changed your mind about your invitation or I’m missing something here?

Nekomi.9562

You just ask them, we never have a problem because people know we do win runs and ignore the trolls leaving them all alone and unable to do anything by theirselves so in a way it’s like…

Oh you don’t want to join for the meta? Well have fun playing alone and getting nothing for it.

Nekomi.9562

You’re welcome for the run.

We will be off-duty tomorrow but will return Thursday and Friday
(You gotta realize how burnt out we are)

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Thanks for the run btw NEKP even if I crashed when the event started… I didn’t crashed once in weeks but I HAD to at that precise moment… curse my luck…

Still TY for what you did.

Nekomi.9562

Thanks for the run btw NEKP even if I crashed when the event started… I didn’t crashed once in weeks but I HAD to at that precise moment… curse my luck…

Were you able to get back in at least?
:V

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Were you able to get back in at least?
:V

Not before it ended sadly.