TD META [LUCK] Guide to succeed!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Having to create a fresh instance in order to get a meta completed kinda defeats the object of the meta event. It’s bad design.

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

Having to create a fresh instance in order to get a meta completed kinda defeats the object of the meta event. It’s bad design.

Until people actually sit up, an learn to do things for themselves TD will continue to fail for most while others succeed. I find the GW2 community very lazy honestly >.>

I’d argeu to say that TTT is still ahrder than most content so far (Well unless they nerfed it since release xD)

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

(edited by Nekomi.9562)

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Until people actually sit up, an learn to do things for themselves TD will continue to fail for most while others succeed. I find the GW2 community very lazy honestly >.>

I’d argeu to say that TTT is still ahrder than most content so far (Well unless they nerfed it since release xD)

Nah, TT doesn’t ask for any specific gear to succeed. It ask for coordination and numbers. The gear requirement is a BIG problem in an open world that casual find hard. How many on the map think zerker in HOT is suicide? No wonder we lack the required DPS.

Personally, I think raid is easier and infinitely less frustrating. Why? Because you have control over all the variables that matters and only have to work with 10 ppl and when it fails you can immediately retry. Getting 10 ppl to gear like you want together on voice com is no big feat. Try getting 80 that aren’t in your guild to do so…

The META difficulty doesn’t lie in killing the gerent. In itself it isn’t rocket science to do. We always could dps enough to kill in 2 phases if we had enough dps oriented ppl. The real challenge was always to organize a legion of pug in knowledge, attitude, coordination and in gear. Doing that with a guild is infinitely easier. The problem is it’s supposed to be an open world content not a guild instance.

Posted by: Yossarian.2159

Yossarian.2159

I’ve been spending time teaching the pugs how to do Nuhoch. I always do it with 17 or 18 because there are always extra people in the lane not willing to coordinate. We might have had a phase 2 kill last night if I had pushed it, but decided to play it safe and go to phase 3. Not sure I’ve seen it bug out on phase 3 before, or else I would have pushed for it.

The main issues are that a) it’s hard to get maps set up when it’s entirely a pug map and you don’t have the reputation that LUCK has and b) a lot of people don’t want to have to switch to DPS build if they aren’t already set up for it.

Posted by: harrison fang.1874

harrison fang.1874

can you set up some organized runs im sure many people need to kill it still for legendary or what not

necromancer (STUN)- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader of Aegis Shield [AS]-Tarnished Coast
Mjor of [CrSy] Cryptisyndicate

Nekomi.9562

How many on the map think zerker in HOT is suicide? No wonder we lack the required DPS.

I can’t agree with this.

I used to always roll 100% PTV and TVH trinkets since I prefered to be the Tanky type of player especially in WvW as a front line commander never downing due to cleansing and 4000 Toughness just helping the others not take the brunt of everything but the second I entered HoT content I was getting practically one shot.

So HoT in general is suicide xD

Nekomi.9562

I’ve been spending time teaching the pugs how to do Nuhoch. I always do it with 17 or 18 because there are always extra people in the lane not willing to coordinate. We might have had a phase 2 kill last night if I had pushed it, but decided to play it safe and go to phase 3. Not sure I’ve seen it bug out on phase 3 before, or else I would have pushed for it.

The main issues are that a) it’s hard to get maps set up when it’s entirely a pug map and you don’t have the reputation that LUCK has and b) a lot of people don’t want to have to switch to DPS build if they aren’t already set up for it.

I wouldn’t say we have much of a reputation.
We just do content, be it the Twisted Marionette, Scarlets Invasion or HoT content.
We do it all an we strive for others to learn to do it themselves rather than people nagging for a 100% success rate from us every time.

It’s more about you have to gather people 2 hours early through LFG so…
“[TD META][Organizing][READ] Hey were doing the TD meta, please bring full Zerk/Sin an blah blah blah” people tend to listen most times.

Before the event even starts up you should gather in DS or AB and have at least 40+ people in a squad then you push through to TD all together and one of you lucky fellas will get into a completely fresh map, once in, you just immediately start taxing in people. That’s how we do it give or take waiting an hour before taxing since people know we kill all 4.

Nekomi.9562

can you set up some organized runs im sure many people need to kill it still for legendary or what not

We have been organizing DS/AB/VB/TD ever since it came out on Day one.
We are completely burnt out, I have 250+ stacks of everything, Ores, Flax whatever.
I can’t stay in DS for more than 10 minutes without yawning uncontrollably TD is sorta the same I guess? But the fact that we’re helping others out sorta outweighs it an we do it but theres no way we as a core TD group can keep that up anymore so it’s… unfortunate but we have to not exert ourselves which is why we now do runs 4 times a week. monday-tuesday and thursday-friday while wednesday is raid day we kill all 3 then saturday and sunday we help others still stuck in raids.

Nekomi.9562

Getting ready to start up a new instance for the next TD meta after reset

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

Amazing run, Thanks Deadly Cuddles for putting this together I finally got it.

And ofc, Meow!

Nekomi.9562

Amazing run, Thanks Deadly Cuddles for putting this together I finally got it.

And ofc, Meow!

Yeah, no problem. Even though the Dev Ajax said he/they made no adjustments to the Chak Gerents HP feels weird getting a few lanes to 30% on the first burn Flex just said he fixed Nuhoch lanes bug(s)

If anyone else needs it once again That’s Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
Somewhere around reset. Before, After or on it.

Up until wintersday where I’m gonna be taking a break from everything an spamming wintersday pvp xD

Nekomi.9562

Starting up our TD run gather now, so whisper me in game or wait til you see the LFG.

Posted by: Sukrin.1280

Sukrin.1280

Neko, I will be keeping an eye out for your TD run today. Hoping you decide on 2 hours before reset since that is a perfect time for me, but I will stay up for the on reset one. Failed 15-20 over the past 5 days with some getting extremely close but no win. It’s one of the last things I need for HOPE other than a few mats here and there. If you see a whisper from any character with Sukiri at the end of the name, that would be me. Probably Tsukiko Sukiri since I’m mostly on my Daredevil for these kinds of events. I will mention that I did Nuhoch lane every single attempt, so I’m most familiar with that lane, even commanded 2 successful lanes. I would have only one more guildie that needs it come along if she is on today since she needs it as well. I appreciate you, your guilds, and people like you who do help the GW2 community like this. o7

Nekomi.9562

I would like to say that tomorrow [LUCK] and majority pugs (That will listen)
Will be running one last day of TD (5-6 runs give or take) all throughout tomorrow.

Everyone that still needs their casing, ignor or what ever collections may whisper me in game or message me here in the forums/pm.

We have yet to have a failure in a long while.
(aside from that one time we brought in 90% pugs that clearly were there to troll)

But for the most part our success rate is still 100%

We are doing an all day TD as a way to say.
“Hey look, this events been out for a long while now, we are tired and wanna break for wintersday/christmas KBYE”

We hope to see and help everyone out

Nekomi.9562

Welp we did an entire day of TD (6 back to back runs)

The first 5 were all success with primarily it being 30-40 LUCK and gradually becoming a PUG fest at round 6/6.

5 Back to back wins and one fail of pugs to end a night.

Decent I guess but what can be done.
We hope you all enjoyed the last run of TD we will be doing until AFTER wintersday.
Glad we could help you out on your collections aswell.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Is condi damage good against the chak gerent? Does it have a special purpose or is it just bad?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Nekomi.9562

Is condi damage good against the chak gerent? Does it have a special purpose or is it just bad?

Depends on what kind of CONDI and what kind of DAMAGE.

Burnzerkers are amazing for chak, reapers are okay but overall you don’t want crazy CC-Condi like a reaper/chronomancer timewarp.