too depressing

too depressing

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m sure why people are claiming there is no lighter mood in this zone when we only have access to the first part of the first mission in the first zone of the expansion… We literally just found out the pact fleet was destroyed… that is not the time for comic relief. I thought the mood was beautifully done and fit the story perfectly.

I am willing to bet 100g that further down the line, possibly even in this zone there will be some comic relief.

too depressing

Posted by: Merlot.8567

Merlot.8567

Especially the music… the tone the mood the environment , everywhere is depressing.

Verdant brink is dark and the music is so heavy and down turning.

Can we at least have lions arch have a lively and bustling town music and mood after the reparation?

Please put in lively catchy townfolks music.

We don’t need carebear safespace kitten in Maguuma. Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Do not let the GW2 forums become the new Tumblr!

too depressing

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Especially the music… the tone the mood the environment , everywhere is depressing.

Verdant brink is dark and the music is so heavy and down turning.

Can we at least have lions arch have a lively and bustling town music and mood after the reparation?

Please put in lively catchy townfolks music.

We don’t need carebear safespace kitten in Maguuma. Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Oh and don’t forget tthe ~gold doublers haha

too depressing

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Gw2 isnt the most uplifting game tbh. graphics are stylized in a deppresing serious tone. the music is quite nostalgic most of the time, even the battle themes. Its a pretty game, but beauty isnt always connected to cheerful things.

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

too depressing

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Just wait until everybody gets their mushroom and glider mastery going. The whole place will look like a Benny Hill version of Super Mario. That will cheer you up.

too depressing

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

theres just no way to make this community happy. Its either too goofy, not serious enough, too serious, too dark, too light, not funny…

carry on

too depressing

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Boy, you would have hated GW1. I’m more than excited for them to be pushing the darker themes in their story and the progressive zones, but yeah, they could probably afford to liven up some older stuff. But they are. They’re rebuilding LA, which will probably entail more happiness than depression…ness.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

too depressing

Posted by: Cookiemancer.2973

Cookiemancer.2973

You guys realize Lord Faren is confirmed to be in this expansion right?
It wont stay depressing for long.

too depressing

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

If you want comic relief, zone out of the warzone to stay in the comforts of your noble quarters, dabbling with steins of ale, omnomberry pies and you can have a laugh with oooooooopaloooooo the frakking quaggan or similar.

Leave my dark and terrifying Maguuma jungle to me, I’ll go vanquish Mordremoth and then maybe in the aftermath, we’ll see this place gradually change to let light back in. But for now, it’s time for dark atmosphere and setting.

And Mr. Faren in his trunks can go kitten off to Southsun Cove for all I care, he’ll last 1 second against these Mordrem agents.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

too depressing

Posted by: Lord Rheios.4152

Lord Rheios.4152

If you want comic relief, zone out of the warzone to stay in the comforts of your noble quarters, dabbling with steins of ale, omnomberry pies and you can have a laugh with oooooooopaloooooo the frakking quaggan or similar.

Leave my dark and terrifying Maguuma jungle to me, I’ll go vanquish Mordremoth and then maybe in the aftermath, we’ll see this place gradually change to let light back in. But for now, it’s time for dark atmosphere and setting.

And Mr. Faren in his trunks can go kitten off to Southsun Cove for all I care, he’ll last 1 second against these Mordrem agents.

Faren might have increased in competency since his little stint with a mad sylvari. I imagine torture is a pretty good motivator to improve your self-defense abilities. Especially considering all of his sword training was by some clown named Bongo the One-Eyed. (I’m not entirely sure if the guy was actually a clown, but one can hardly fault the assumption.)

too depressing

Posted by: juniterio.1245

juniterio.1245

Good. Make it dark. Make it depressing. GOOD. Gw2 needs that dark souls feel in it, now it;s time to get challenging.

too depressing

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Unless he shows up and is instantly, brutally murdered :P

too depressing

Posted by: juniterio.1245

juniterio.1245

Yay \o/

too depressing

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

If you want to make an omelette, you got to break some eggs! Yayy! :P

+1

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season