TY Anet for Necro/Warrior

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m so happy for the new Necro specialization. Just by reading the blog today, I can tell that this will make Necros the new anti-zerg meta in the proper set up.

As a Necro/Warrior, these players are no longer just a mid to back line threat. Now, they can have a dual role, playing it safe from the back line by casting conditions and CCs, and instantly switch to a high powered melee dealer in the Reaper mode. Traiting with Chill focused sigils and runes, and you’ll be able to effectively control groups of targets within zergs. Add in some PTV armors for sustainability, and that’ll give you some time to pull off your Gravedigger attack within enemy groups.

Dare I say it… Necros are looking to be awesomely Overpowered!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’m so happy for the new Necro specialization. Just by reading the blog today, I can tell that this will make Necros the new anti-zerg meta in the proper set up.

As a Necro/Warrior, these players are no longer just a mid to back line threat. Now, they can have a dual role, playing it safe from the back line by casting conditions and CCs, and instantly switch to a high powered melee dealer in the Reaper mode. Traiting with Chill focused sigils and runes, and you’ll be able to effectively control groups of targets within zergs. Add in some PTV armors for sustainability, and that’ll give you some time to pull off your Gravedigger attack within enemy groups.

Dare I say it… Necros are looking to be awesomely Overpowered!

Have you read the Chronomancer at all? They chew on the reaper like candy. Unless we get some reveal skills, stability, resistance, movement skills and party support not only are we going to be destroyed, we’ll be permanently pushed out of competitive play. Not to mention still having no place in PvE.

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Was this a PVP thread? Unsure.

Either way, until all the new weapon skills and utilities are known I think you are extremely premature in your claim about the Reaper being even remotely overpowered. We shall see though.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Requiemcliff.1920

Requiemcliff.1920

Was this a PVP thread? Unsure.

Either way, until all the new weapon skills and utilities are known I think you are extremely premature in your claim about the Reaper being even remotely overpowered. We shall see though.

I can agree on that point, we saw maybe one or two new skills, one in death shroud, a shout, no talents, nothing else, it could be pretty much any way how it will work until then, it’s fun to speculate, but until we see the PoI tomorrow, no point in crying Overpowered or Useless.

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Jeez, GS/DD necros will be rampant. I’ll be one of ’em.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I don’t think you’re going to be to able to spec a Necro to be both good at range condi and close range zerker. Not to mention we don’t even know if the condi changes are going to finally make condi a bit more viable.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Necros are limited by being a Light armor class. It won’t be viable to trait as a close range zerker. But that doesn’t stop them from being able to be condi-ranged, and then switch to Necro/Warrior for short term, close ranged AOE bursts. Proper CCs into a zerg will prevent them from avoiding the Gravedigger attack.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: umbra lorde.9675

umbra lorde.9675

I don’t think you’re going to be to able to spec a Necro to be both good at range condi and close range zerker. Not to mention we don’t even know if the condi changes are going to finally make condi a bit more viable.

In fact, thanks to Specialization just remove a trait line and all the staffs trait are on one line and the same thing for graet sword you can make a very powerful necro both at close and range becuse you got one trait line over to

Posted by: IntheCoconut.3497

IntheCoconut.3497

Hopefully this will put Necro back into the PvE scene. I don’t remember the last time I saw one in a dungeon or anything else not pvp-related.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I enjoy a good read, especially one where people forget that the most successful people in PVP remember they are part of a team.

Being a good class doesn’t mean having all the tools, it means being good at bringing some useful tools.

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Necros are limited by being a Light armor class. It won’t be viable to trait as a close range zerker. But that doesn’t stop them from being able to be condi-ranged, and then switch to Necro/Warrior for short term, close ranged AOE bursts. Proper CCs into a zerg will prevent them from avoiding the Gravedigger attack.

No that is wrong, Light armor is not the problem. Necros have more effective HP then guardians yet guardians can be in melee range just fine due there active defenses, more reliable sustain and stability.

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I bring my necro to dungeons all the time. It’s true I get kicked by the “10k+ AP, Full Asc Zerk” type groups, but those types of people are idiots anyway. They spend 30 mins waiting for their ideal party so that they can speed run the dungeon, meanwhile I join a regular group of reasonable people and we finish all 3 runs before the other group even gets a full party.