Tag Up!

Tag Up!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Meta events are a significant aspect of the new HoT maps. They are the primary source of fun, experience, and loot. However, people often get frustrated that they cannot find a map willing to do the Meta or they cannot find a map to taxi into to do the Meta.

Instead of giving up or getting upset, players need to take control of the problem. Tag Up! You don’t even have to be any good at what you want to do. Just Tag Up! Other players are significantly more likely to help out with the Meta event and taxi others into YOUR map if they see tags on the map. Tags aren’t there to represent leadership and skill. They are there to represent activity. The more people that take control and Tag Up, the more involved everyone will be.

Tonight I wanted to do the Dragon’s Stand meta. Unfortunately I just wasn’t able to click those LFG posts fast enough before they poofed (under a half second!). The map I was in had zero tags and no chatter and I was thinking about just logging off for the night. Then another player spoke up and asked if anyone wanted to run the Meta. Then pop…a Blue Tag appeared on the map. Someone took control and Tagged Up. I don’t like doing it…but I finally decided to also Tag Up. Then more tags appeared. Moments later everyone was organizing and calling for taxis. Within 5 minutes we were on our way.

You don’t have to be some grand leader to Tag Up. I was terrible. But we succeeded nonetheless (thankfully DS is super easy!). To those courageous folk that take control and Tag Up…thank you!

Tag Up!

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Which is true, but so silly, even kittened. All the events are visible on the map and don’t require anything but participation. Why people consider map without commanders a dead end is beyond me…

Tag Up!

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I don’t like to tag up unless I have somewhat clear idea what is going on. So far I have only learned to do fairly well events around Jaka Itzel area. Also sometimes around Maguuma’s Breach, the very first area of HoT maps. Couple more months and I can probably manage Verdant whole brink map.

Tag Up!

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

That’s the thing, you don’t need to know anything to display a tag. The tag is only meant to show activity. Pretty much every event is just following the event icon and killing monsters or gathering items surrounded by monsters. Tag up, get the map going in a positive direction and then once there are people being active you can think about passing that tag on to a more qualified member of your group.

Tag Up!

Posted by: Rymer.4017

Rymer.4017

But thats the problem if there are no tags you assume there are no one on the maps and in truth that are at many times quite a bit of players doing stuff and to many rely on the commander tags which where made for WvW and then many started to use them to lead groups as a way to show they where and then after that everyone assumed this and A-net played on it very much.

When we as gamers rely on something then we do not know how to do things with out the same has happened with say DPS meters before we had those we learned to be better with out same as most add on’s we did not have these for many years in online gaming and after they came around the became required even though most of the time the do not teach better play but to play by one way only. This causes people to play by this standard and nothing else the same could be said by the zerker meta and so on what ever makes things easier the better it is for many. I say lose the training wheels and start playing the games the way they were meant to be played.

Guild wars 2 offers more flexibility then any mmo out there when it comes to many things and needing these tags to do an event that just requires people to be there you could do the same with out the need for tags and call out where you need people but again to many have fallen into a need for them.