Taking a Break and Leaving Suggestions.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I completed the Precursor for Nevermore and I’ve been working on the rest of the components for the past two weeks or so. Last night, I hit a wall. I was doing events for six hours throughout the new maps, and at the end of the night when I was banking/organizing, I realized that six hours of non-stop play contributed almost nothing to my goals. To me that translated to how little my time was worth in the game.

Here are some suggestions that would make my time in the jungle feel more valuable:

• Crystalline Ore, Airship Oil, Auric Dusts, and Ley Line Sparks to be rewarded upon meta event completions, not just through RNG, map specific caches.
  • Maguuma mastery points awarded through HoT collections, similar to how Central Tyria collections provide Central Tyria mastery points.
  • More ways to gain mastery experience in the jungle outside of doing meta-events (this is a big one – doing the same events all day and night because it’s the only method of experience gain is not fun).
  • Map caches (Airship Cargo, Noxious Pod, etc) should always provide their ascended currencies. No RNG.
  • Ways to earn gold should increase, or the current account bound materials should be open for trade. Gold and materials shouldn’t be restricted at the same time.
  • Masteries should be used as character progression, not content gating. Let gliding give a combat advantage, bouncing mushrooms give higher regular jumps, speed mushrooms a permanent 5% speed boost, etc.
  • Add mechanisms for players to choose when events begin (probably not possible for content that is already live). Having to wait around doing either nothing or doing something undesirable because you missed a window is not fun.
  • Make maps more explorer friendly – sometimes I want to interact with the environment in ways other than killing the things that live in it.

I’m not looking for any arguments, just stating what I think would make the game more enjoyable and less tedious. Thanks for reading, and I’d love to hear what you would change for the next expansion!

Posted by: radsaq.8269

radsaq.8269

I’m not sure I have anything to add at the moment, but I am interested in the thoughts of other folks working towards 250 crystalline ingots for their legendary. (Assuming they didn’t buy any fulgurite when it was still able to be traded.)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Agreed with a good 80% of this list.

Good luck with your break, OP. Hope you come back soon.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you quit after 1 month, long term goals arent for you.

Good luck with your break.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Caches giving the ascended currencies would be too much in my opinion…
I believe meta events give the currencies, if not they give the keys to caches… at least big metas does.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

I’m not sure I have anything to add at the moment, but I am interested in the thoughts of other folks working towards 250 crystalline ingots for their legendary. (Assuming they didn’t buy any fulgurite when it was still able to be traded.)

It’s very easy compared to many other components that go into a legendary. I collected 250 crystalline ores before the drop rate was like…. quintupled or something. It’s a complete joke now. I got 250 airship oils and auric dust without even trying.
The only hard one is ley line sparks. It took maybe 18 hours spent in TD. The main source of crystals is the meta event. You have to stay at 100+% participation for many cycles of the meta. It’s 15 crystals times three + 75 at the end + 40 from a failed chak gerent event. You can also do hero points daily for 10 crystals and open some chests. Anyway it takes a couple of days in TD afking half the time.

It’s really, really not hard to get 250 of each thing. Complaining about RNG is silly because due to the number of caches/cargo/pods you open, it very quickly averages out to something extremely close to the actual drop chance.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

If you quit after 1 month, long term goals arent for you.

Good luck with your break.

My lack of motivation might not be as much to do with crafting the legendary, but just spending so much time in the new maps. Since launch I really haven’t gotten out of the jungle.