Tangled Depths Crap

Tangled Depths Crap

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dutchdevil.6902

Dutchdevil.6902

Are you guys also hating the Tangled Depths map? It is almost impossible to find the hero points.. It is also almost impossible to travel through that alone…
And you ened it if you want the elite skills, so again, Anet is forcing us to do something,,, nerfing dungeons, so they make sure we are all in the new maps…
I miss the old GW days..

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Dutchdevil.6902

Dutchdevil.6902

Where is the fast pace gaming? Its tedious long now? I just did Tangled depths and I feel I lost 2 hours cause I saw no progression… I feel frustrated..

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You don’t need to ever step foot into Tangled Depths to get your elites maxed. Sure it speeds things up, but 100% core map HP + 4 HPs from VB is enough. So Anet aren’t forcing anyone to do it.

As for the map, well it’s certainly maze like and messy and I do understand why ppl hate it. I like it in some ways for being more jungle like, however as a gameplay zone it can be very heavy going.

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

You don’t need to ever step foot into Tangled Depths to get your elites maxed. Sure it speeds things up, but 100% core map HP + 4 HPs from VB is enough. So Anet aren’t forcing anyone to do it.

As for the map, well it’s certainly maze like and messy and I do understand why ppl hate it. I like it in some ways for being more jungle like, however as a gameplay zone it can be very heavy going.

Auric Basin + Verdant Brink in addition to a few more HPs give you enough for a full elite spec even with zero % world completion. My (completed) herald literally never stepped foot in Tangled Depths. Don’t even need the old world.

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Ignore your starting area. find the central hub where everything converges, then you can easily access all areas of the map without much problems.

Don’t attempt map objectives without wallows and updraft. You should also have at least a week of roaming experience on the map, too. Otherwise, you’ll find it extremely frustrating to find things if you haven’t already memorized most of the travel routes, amount and type of enemies in each zone, etc.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Auric Basin + Verdant Brink in addition to a few more HPs give you enough for a full elite spec even with zero % world completion. My (completed) herald literally never stepped foot in Tangled Depths. Don’t even need the old world.

You’re right – any combination. My point was that TD wasn’t needed, you can do it in other ways

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Ignore your starting area. find the central hub where everything converges, then you can easily access all areas of the map without much problems.

Don’t attempt map objectives without wallows and updraft. You should also have at least a week of roaming experience on the map, too. Otherwise, you’ll find it extremely frustrating to find things if you haven’t already memorized most of the travel routes, amount and type of enemies in each zone, etc.

^This. Leyline confluence waypoint is vital to getting around TD.

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

It isn’t even though. You can get from OoW WP to Leyline Confluence WP in like 2 minutes with just gliding and bouncing shrooms. The map is so easy to get around once you know it people just don’t want to have to learn anything.

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

It isn’t even though. You can get from OoW WP to Leyline Confluence WP in like 2 minutes with just gliding and bouncing shrooms. The map is so easy to get around once you know it people just don’t want to have to learn anything.

Some people have bad memories, or feel like they shouldn’t have to memorise some stupid JP like map just to be able to get around to grind out their mastery points or whatever is forcing them to play in maps they don’t like.

5 days to raids and not got anywhere near enough mastery points (and seem to have run out of tyrian ones) or grinded out enough exp to be able to reach the npc to find out how many scraps or whatever are required to get the stuff from him.

By far the most frustrating thing about most of the map areas is if you miss a jump or an updraft or a mushroom or slip off a ledge it’s a long long tedious fight back to where you needed to be.

And the maps themselves when you look at them to try and see where you need to go are pretty useless too, and you end up running in circles trying to find how to get to the guy 1000 away but above you.

(edited by Notsoperky.2348)

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I don’t have a spouse, kids, friends or anything like that, and I feel like I can only play Hot seriously during the weekend.

Most of the time I end up in empty verdant brink maps trying to hold two rally points all by myself, while having lfg open to look for taxis, but no luck.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I love that map. It’s beautiful and complex. Nuhoc wallows help a lot to navigate the map.

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I love that map. It’s beautiful and complex. Nuhoc wallows help a lot to navigate the map.

It’s funny, I hate the map. Finding all the PoIs, vistas, and hero challenges is a painful task and I frequently found myself running in circles.

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I highly recommend using the map and toggle between the layers.

So if someone were to make a guide to navigate TD, would this be enough to help? Each section is your starting point.

Order of Whispers Camp
→ Ogre Outpost – (Map/Video)
→ Nuhoch Outpost – (Map/Video)
→ Rata Nova Outpost – (Map/Video)
→ SCAR Outpost – (Map/Video)
→ Ley-Line Confluence – (Map/Video)

Ogre Outpost

Nuhoch Outpost

Rata Nova Outpost

SCAR Outpost

Ley-Line Confluence

From what I see, there would be several redundancies as you would be back-tracking the same route you used to get there (e.g. Ogre → Rata Nova vs Rata Nova → Ogre). There are also some routes that would undoubtedly pass through a camp such as Order of Whispers Camp to Rata Nova or SCAR.

Would there be a need to know how to travel between outposts if there was a guide showing how to get map completion (which includes unlocking waypoints)? A section could then be added specifically for the final meta regarding how to get to your respective lanes from the camps.

Tangled Depths Crap

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids