Tangled Depths Hidden Labs - Any ideas?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lorx.8507

Lorx.8507

x-posting from Reddit for max visibility, link to original – https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3q4bl3/spoiler_secret_hidden_room_unsure_of_what_to_do/

Album: http://imgur.com/a/LNgEV

Guild was screwing around, and we found this room at the end of a very annoying jumping puzzle. There was no achievement, no chest, no anything, just this room, this NPC, and a corner where the wall was not complete and we could jump off the map. The disco ball in the ceiling giving light, and the control panels/monitors in the back, all look similar to what you can find in other old asura areas, like the Lost Lab achievement area with the dead portal. Any ideas what this room is all about?

Image explanations:

• View of the room from the front door
  • Map view of the room
  • One Layer down (go through this underwater cavern to get here, followed by climbing up roots of…
  • One Layer above, the roots seem to be of the Giant Flax Tree.
  • Outside the door, there’s a golem who asks who I am. The last option is what lets you in the door, the others knock you back.
  • A view of those #&$^@ roots you have to climb to get here.
  • Looking at the door from the inside of the room.
  • The turret is where you can slip through to get outside the map.
  • A view of the room from the far side. You can see a control panel in front of me, there’s monitors/etc around me.

Already asked Dulfy if she has any ideas as you can see in the chat log. Dunno, maybe the combined hivemind of Reddit/Official can figure this out?

El Psy Congroo

Posted by: Lorx.8507

Lorx.8507

Apparently it’s a Disco Dancing hidden achievement, /dance in the light, get 5 points.

It may be that we spent hours screwing around in these labs, but it feels like there must be a way to mess with it more. Either way, cool little hidden place!

El Psy Congroo

Posted by: KingVinc.4139

KingVinc.4139

i did this puzzle too. it was soo annoying but i had to finish it after i did the first part. and then i come in this room and there is nothing… i was upset and just started randomly dancing in the light because i didnt know any better and then these little guys showed up that told me im a genius. tbh i expected more after that jumping puzzle but i have to say that i had a good laugh at the end

Posted by: Freddydarus.2370

Freddydarus.2370

Yes.
I just completed the “jumping puzzle” today, and to be honest it was a lot easier than most other puzzles. I was so angry when I found nothing there, that I started typing emotes as my last resort.

Expected at least a chest :/

Posted by: MissSinfully.2478

MissSinfully.2478

So I just ran around the giant tree with the flax up top, I glided in from the beginning of the map, so I wanted to see how I was supposed to get up there, so I jumped down the mushrooms, but I have no idea how you get to where you were o.o

Sorry for the slightly necro post. =x

MissSinfully
Sonyanna
Dragonhunter

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

So I just ran around the giant tree with the flax up top, I glided in from the beginning of the map, so I wanted to see how I was supposed to get up there, so I jumped down the mushrooms, but I have no idea how you get to where you were o.o

Sorry for the slightly necro post. =x

Have a look at the album in the first post in this thread (3rd picture in the album). You have to dive there in the underwater tunnel network – can be accessed through e.g. Rata Novus.

There is also access to the underwater tunnel network from the south-west WP of the map (where the portal to Dragon’s Stand is). There are several updrafts you can use to get very high up to glide to a nearby HP and Vista. Instead of going up you can just fall down into the water and dive from there.

Sorry for the confusing descriptions. I can’t post any screens or videos right now, since I’m on another PC…

Posted by: MissSinfully.2478

MissSinfully.2478

It took me a while, but someone helped me out. Turns out the turn into the mini-jp was above the cavern you swim into and that’s why I couldn’t find it. I felt really dumb when the guy who helped me find it just swam up and over after I spent 10 minutes swimming around in circles in the bottom section.

MissSinfully
Sonyanna
Dragonhunter