Tarir Commendations - How do you get them?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

I’m super excited to obtain the Luminate’s Backplate, I’ve been gunning for it since I saw it in the wardrobe day 1.

I’ve been on a couple of successful Tarir runs now, but never seem to get the Commendation for completing one of the gates after we beat it, I have the collection unlocked, and nobody in any party I’ve ever been in has gotten them either. I’ve checked the Chest, tried having 200% map participation, everything. I just can’t get a commendation.

Are these bugged?

Attachments:

Zyphent.2967

Unsure if I should report this as a bug, that they don’t get rewarded, or if something is being done wrong.

Or if they’re a really low drop rate on a successful run I guess…

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

I’m not sure if they are bugged but I think you get them for (as the description says) DEFENDING Tarir, not for the assault (which is what most people do). After the assault people grab their chests and leave the map, but like 5 minutes later the defend event starts (get pylons again). I think these defend events drop the commendations.

This is a bit of a problem as nobody does the defend event and it’s hard if not impossible to solo.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Yeah, but that defending event does not have anything to do with Octovine….

Zyphent.2967

Both good points.
I think the assault on the octovine is defending tarir, but I’ll still try the other events, though they don’t seem likely.

(edited by Zyphent.2967)

Posted by: Demetres.9718

Demetres.9718

Well since it says “Defend this sector of Tarir from the octovine” it really does seem like its from the meta event. Like you however I havnt gotten one yet even though I have the collection unlocked.

I have also done more than enough pylon events with nothing either. Not sure what else to say, its rather annoying but perhaps we’re missing something and its not a bug.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Did the event twice, once for North and then for West. One gave me a commendation while the other did not.

North Gate: My map succesfully protected Tarir from the Mordrem assault and I got the North Gate Commendation from a special ‘bouncy box’ at the corner of my screen.

West Gate: We were able to bring down West and East but the other lanes were not succesfull. Did not get a commendation, just the standard participation box.

So I assume that Tarir must be saved in order for you to get the commendation; not just a succesfull defense of your lane.

EDIT: Just did East Gate. We got North-East-South down but missed West just barely. No commendation, just regular ‘consolation prize’ loot.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Posted by: XxXTheMaxxXxX.6057

XxXTheMaxxXxX.6057

My guild has been experimenting with this collection as many people were unlocking it after completing the adventure but were not able to find additional parts afterwards. The other pieces of the collection did not start dropping for them until after the Auric Weapons collection was completed. This makes sense considering the Luminate Backpiece seems like an upgraded version of the backpiece from the Auric Weapons. We think that the collection unlocking after finishing the adventure is the bug and that you’re not eligible for the other rewards until finishing the Auric weapons collection.

Posted by: Paleglider.2407

Paleglider.2407

Tried this multiple times but each time my map closes or there are not enough people on the same map to do the events. And when you switch it seems the event chain is broken. So now still need to do the North one

Now I got the reward at the end when defeating the Vines that are blocking the entrance.

Still dont understand what went different this time vs times before

“He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.”

(edited by Paleglider.2407)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It was bugged for a long time. It was fixed in a recent patch. I haven’t played with it too much, but it seems like before, you needed another part of the collection finished before it would give you the stuff for Tarir. It may be, like many collections that it’s not 100% each time you do it. But it should be a healthy percent.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I don’t have auric weapon collection even started, I’m on zero weapons. I have all four commendations from a successful retake of tarir. Nothing to do with assault / defend, just need all four lanes to take out the octovine and you will get your reward.

Whether this is recent due to patches or not I don’t know. I just know that this weekend I got all four and have zero auric weapons unlocked. I should probably make a start on that..

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I don’t have auric weapon collection even started, I’m on zero weapons. I have all four commendations from a successful retake of tarir. Nothing to do with assault / defend, just need all four lanes to take out the octovine and you will get your reward.

Whether this is recent due to patches or not I don’t know. I just know that this weekend I got all four and have zero auric weapons unlocked. I should probably make a start on that..

Yeah, i think they fixed this now. I have collected them all over the last week or two just from the octovine bit.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: aggmars.7961

aggmars.7961

A bit too late, but you get the commendations by opening the underground chests (I usually get them from the big ones) after you complete the Octovine event. Hope it helps.

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

I got mine after successful Octovine kills, had to do it once for each side only.

Posted by: Voozie.4759

Voozie.4759

Ok. So after you get the commendations, what do you do with them?
Do you sell ‘em at the merchant or turn them in somewhere?
Atm they’re just sitting in my inventory, taking up space…

“You did it. You lied. I never lie.
I only read what is there in the runes. I only tell the truth.”

(edited by Voozie.4759)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can sell them if your Collection shows them acquired.

Good luck.

Posted by: Voozie.4759

Voozie.4759

Ah. Nice, thank you! :-)

“You did it. You lied. I never lie.
I only read what is there in the runes. I only tell the truth.”