Tarir meta Gold Enchanted armor

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Anka.5086

Anka.5086

Tarir pre-meta lasts 14min long. During this period players in each one of the south, north, east and west gates participate in ‘Trial by fire’ mini-games to win gold enchanted armor. This is all fine, it makes meta interesting.
But the part that’s most annoying is pre-meta mini-game lasts for 14min! And you’re expected to stay in front of your keyboard throughout that time. If you become inactive for more than 30sec you will lose your gold enchanted armor. All you’re left with is silver enchanted armor.
I do understand why we have this method which is to prevent afk players from hoarding enchanted armors. What I’m asking for is; okay let’s keep this system but can you also make it so that if the player who won gold enchanted armor comes back and interacts with the enchanted armor in front of the gates they can get the gold enchanted armor they won in ‘trial by fire’ mini-game.

Edit: spelling mistakes

(edited by Anka.5086)

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Seconded. Not only would it be a QoL improvement for dedicated armors, it might also incentivize keeping the armors in general rather than ditching them immediately, as 90% of players seem to do.

While they’re at it, I’d also like to request fixing the armors in Dragon’s Stand so that they actually heal the player, as per the tooltip (and the AB armors).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I agree the 30-second timer is punishing. What I’d like to see instead:

• Winners get a buff that last 15 minutes.
  • While under the effects of the buff, they can talk to an NPC and claim a gold armor.
  • Once in the armor, the current 30 second restriction applies.

This allows folks to participate in the Trials, but be able to take a break during the long pause. It maintains the limit on number of armors and gives preference to ‘winners’ of the challenges.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Anka.5086

Wonderful ideas from everyone, and now let’s hope ANET will heed our constructive suggestions which will most definitely improve everyone’s game experience.

Posted by: TheMSR.7120

TheMSR.7120

Don’t know if it’s helpful – just want to leave a comment to visibly increase the amount of players, who approve this thread by 1.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I didn’t even know there was a difference in armors…..

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

I didn’t even know there was a difference in armors…..

The only difference is that golden armor has a more larger base health, so they can survive and tank more damage than a silver one

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Isn’t this a few months out of date?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-19-2016/6102518

The AFK timer for enchanted armors now will not begin until the “Battle in Tarir” meta-event has started.

Anka.5086

Isn’t this a few months out of date?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-19-2016/6102518

The AFK timer for enchanted armors now will not begin until the “Battle in Tarir” meta-event has started.

Haha! I always played Tarir meta up until now assuming that we still had 30sec afk kick. After 4 years I’m still a noob. xD

Posted by: Nebast.7631

Nebast.7631

I never knew there was a difference, so basically it’s actually bad to do the events if your not going to use the armour……… that’s just not smart, they need to be like golems in wvw, get out and let others take control.

Posted by: Madastertwo.8729

Madastertwo.8729

The change I would most like to see is gating on the armors that once you won it, you are banned from participating in the challenge again during that particular iteration. The ban only applies to the particular outpost you won, so you could conceivably win north, south, east and west each time. I have seen numerous times a player who is fairly good at the challenge win it multiple times and immediately ditching the armor to do it again thereby preventing other players trying to complete the achievement for wins from being able to do so that particular iteration and in the process weakening the team for a particular gate by forcing them to use the less well-endowed armors.