Posted by: Dex.6139

Dex.6139

“She was as old as the Shiverpeaks, older than the gods. "

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/630771037702123520

Teaser pic for this week.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Ummm what’s the weapon. I thought it was shield but realized it was diamonds in background.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Ummm what’s the weapon. I thought it was shield but realized it was diamonds in background.

It is a shield, a crystalline one

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

If it’s a shield then it is Glint for the revenant but they don’t normally type anything to go with the teaser pics for normal specializations. The last time they had words with it was for the revenant legends. I’m leaning towards glint here!

Posted by: Lamu.8453

Lamu.8453

So a revenant Spec? With a shield? Or is it a Longbow?

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Sigh…not warrior..next!

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Posted by: LuXx.9354

LuXx.9354

Please, stop revenant. Leak thief, war, and engi, please.

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

The only one who fits the bill is Glint, who was Kralkatorik’s champion, who have been on Tyria since before the Gods emerged from the mists.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

I’ll just leave this datamine here… [&AgHfEAEAAA==]

Dex.6139

So this proves that two elite specs (of different professions) can very well get the same weapon.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

So this proves that two elite specs (of different professions) can very well get the same weapon.

Which we already knew about anyway. Glint datamine and shield art has been known for quite some time at this point and artwork is a greater indicator of reality than mere skill tooltips.

Dex.6139

Which we already knew about anyway. Glint datamine and shield art has been known for quite some time at this point and artwork is a greater indicator of reality than mere skill tooltips.

Very true, but datamines are speculation until we have something official like this pic. The only reason I point this out is to put those " NO? This profession is already getting this weapon, so this other profession won’t be getting it." claims to rest.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

sniffle

That shoulder piece…..

Glint, we miss you!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Recluce.3709

Recluce.3709

The end piece in the first HoT storyline shows Rytlock summoning a blue dragon to attack.. it was obvious to me that it was a Glint Rev legend.

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

That thing in his chest.. is it a heart..?

Attachments:

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

(edited by Avador.8934)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Very true, but datamines are speculation until we have something official like this pic. The only reason I point this out is to put those " NO? This profession is already getting this weapon, so this other profession won’t be getting it." claims to rest.

bull crap.. Datamine unfinished skills, is different from a Datamined art work which isnt something people can just code together. Artist take time to make those. Which is why they are more reliable than the skills.
Thief Staff has art work. Not just skills.
Ele sword had only skills.
Rev Shield had models made.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Hmm, intriguing.

Posted by: Reece.7341

Reece.7341

With all the revenant coverage, I was really hoping to have one of the other classes elite be shown…

I’m also a little disappointed with multiple professions receiving Shouts and Shields. With rumors of thief and ranger receiving staves…

Anyone else feel this way, or just me?

Posted by: Scorchongw.8495

Scorchongw.8495

It’s a Sylvari in the picture, that chest armor is the tier 3 heavy piece Oaken I think it’s called(?)

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

With all the revenant coverage, I was really hoping to have one of the other classes elite be shown…

I’m also a little disappointed with multiple professions receiving Shouts and Shields. With rumors of thief and ranger receiving staves…

With shouts they gave a hint that more than 1 would get it others not but either way us Team Rifle will not support this.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

How in the world is that a sylvari? He’s bearded, hairy, thickly muscled, caucasian flesh colored .. the pointy ear is the only vaguely sylvaran aspect.

I’d want to see the chest piece straight on, but for now I think it’s just an artistic interpretation and not necessarily anything in game.

Dex.6139

bull crap.. Datamine unfinished skills, is different from a Datamined art work which isnt something people can just code together. Artist take time to make those. Which is why they are more reliable than the skills.

Sure. Here’s some early artwork for the thief.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/0/05/Horia_Dociu_Sniper_concept_art.jpg

Though it isn’t datamined, just let me know when that makes its way in game

Posted by: Reece.7341

Reece.7341

With shouts they gave a hint that more than 1 would get it others not but either way us Team Rifle will not support this.

I’m with you on this one. I don’t want staff to be introduced to Rangers > Revanants > and now Thieves.

I would love a rifle for my Charr thief, personally.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

How in the world is that a sylvari? He’s bearded, hairy, thickly muscled, caucasian flesh colored .. the pointy ear is the only vaguely sylvaran aspect.

I’d want to see the chest piece straight on, but for now I think it’s just an artistic interpretation and not necessarily anything in game.

The more I look at it, I think he IS a Sylvari actually. The colors look human range at first glance, but it could be an orangy-peach skin tone with blueish purple hair given the lighting. The beard and hairstyle is actually vaugely fern/leaf-like under close inspection, plus the pointed ears and the texture on his neck can be his actual skin rather than any kind of equipment.

Incidentally, the chest piece looks like Sylvari armor to me. It’s got thorns.

I don’t think that hair/beard is currently available though, so it’s either a pure concept or perhaps a future important NPC.

This definitely looks like an elite spec though. I was actually thinking the glint shield might be a legendary weapon in progress (Because a legendary with crystal themed passive effects would be cool) but the matching shoulder piece makes it look a lot more like a gear set for a spec now.

I’m kinda disappointed they have yet to show ANY of the medium classes yet though. Seriously, just one of them. All three light classes, two heavies, no mediums.

Posted by: RizelStar.3724

RizelStar.3724

It’s a Sylvari in the picture, that chest armor is the tier 3 heavy piece Oaken I think it’s called(?)

Haha nah it’s not sylvari armor, I just went to go check. Also I don’t even think that’s a sylvari but if it is, clearly not in game currently and could be a new face and hair option(If it weren’t for the ears I’d say that’s a Norn with new HoT armor on).

Edited: After a few looks it’s a sylvari but armor is definitely not sylvari cultural or in game.

(edited by RizelStar.3724)

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

5 year old concept art. It’s well past it’s expiry date by now :p

CF the upload date on http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Horia_Dociu_Sniper_concept_art.jpg

(edited by stof.9341)

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

That’s a picture of 3 years ago. I get the point you’re trying to make, but try to atleast be relevant and have some up-to-date examples.

The thief staff (the ingame model AND concept art) , the ele warhorn (both ingame model AND concept art for the traitline, the Revenant shield spec (ingame model) all came during the exact same time. Both ele and , now, revenant have proven to be correct, the conclusion one could make from those is that thief staff will indeed also be correct. And i do not mean that as fact, nothing is fact, no one is stating it is, it is still datamined information and not confirmed. But trying to use a 3 year old piece of concept art isn’t exactly making a relevant point. If it were to some randomly datamined concept art of that type then yes, it would ahve some relevance (even though its pretty kitten old) but that wasn’t exactly the point.

So yes, nothing is confirmed, but people can make a conclusion about it, considering everything else from that same datamined batch has turned out to be correct. But nothing is confirmed, until it’s confirmed. And to make that clear, it’s not necessary to use such an outdated example to make that point. Try to stick to more recent and relevant examples.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Looks like a new elementalist elite skill to me.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Can’t tell if serious or not.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Dex.6139

I understand it was a stretch to use that picture in comparison, mainly because there isn’t anything recent, or because all of the datamined images have came to be true (in recent minings.) Still, I wouldn’t necessarily call my example to be completely irrelevant in the broader scheme of things. Sure the picture is old as dirt and has nothing to do with elite specializations , but it’s artwork of something that isn’t in game. Something someone spent time on that isn’t in game. There are datamined skins, voices-overs , maps and concepts that aren’t in game as well and there will be more of that in the future.

If anything, it’s just a reminder that Anet can and will scrap anything that they don’t particularly see a place for at the time, especially if it’s not officially confirmed . While I don’t see them doing this for the datamined artwork of HoT elite specializations, well..who knows. I don’t work at Anet, so I sure as hell don’t.

I think for now I’ll just ride the datamined hype train. Less controversial.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

For those who do not like them revealing Revy Elite spec now, for whatever reason, think on the bright side being now all Revy info should be finished so only thing left is the other professions.

Unless they plan to reveal Revy’s underwater combat as some kind of single announcement info.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Unless they plan to reveal Revy’s underwater combat as some kind of single announcement info.

Next week: Spear revelation.

Week after: Trident revelation.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

This is kinda old info. We already knew we were getting Glint and Shield for Revenant. Nevertheless, it’s good to get confirmation from the teaser.

I’m intrigued by that shoulder skin. Looks nice. We haven’t seen that before, so if anything, that’s new info :-P

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Overexposure. Too much information. Overload! Its like the endless trailers, tv spots, and internet ads for Age of Ultron. It made everything predictable and less interesting by the time it came out, regardless of how good it actually was.

At least its better than the Batman v Superman route they took with the Ranger at least, where they showed a teaser so long before release everyone forgot it existed and stopped caring.

That all pales in comparison to the Green Lantern route Anet took in divulging information on the new size of the game world. They have told us so little, expecting a few pretty teasers and dark images to please us. Some of us set our expectations so low based on that, we’re going to be sorely disappointed with the final product no matter what.

And the saddest thing about this Hyperbolic commentary is that none of it is actually exaggerated.

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

“None will ever hear her true name spoken properly”—-this is part of the caption from the Facebook post they made linking the same picture

What’s everyone’s take on this? Everything points to glint, but this throws me off.. glint is formerly known as glaust and has gone by no other names.. the only argument is to say they are referring to kralkatorrik. The problem with this is glint Is only a champion of
kralkatorrik, and is no way her “proper name”

So that throws me off a little. Any thoughts?

Edit:I’m still convinced it’s glint, but why do you think they included that line ?

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

(edited by meeflak.9714)

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Aw c’mon, really? You’re gonna let the war in the thief sub-forum continue on like this?

Okay, it’s cool that we’re getting another elite spec reveal, but seriously I need to know what the thief elite is going to be!

Knighthonor.4061

Aw c’mon, really? You’re gonna let the war in the thief sub-forum continue on like this?

Okay, it’s cool that we’re getting another elite spec reveal, but seriously I need to know what the thief elite is going to be!

How you believe the Warriors feel?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

artwork is fairly low turn around time. Its also concept artwork.

that said id say its likely theif is getting staff now.

I think at first they had plans for rifle thief and sword ele, but they changed their minds.

main problem is, ele for example still seems pretty rough in terms of design. If a lot of these other specs are still in flux, i dont have great hope for them by release day

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

The question is, why does it look nothing, in any way, in any form look like a Sylvari?

He’s really cool looking, which it probably why he looks nothing like a Sylvari.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Anet want us to test all of the revenant’s specs during the next BWE.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I was hoping for another long range weapon option. Only hammer is lame. Maybe they’ll do something different with shield and make it offensive and long range?

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Admittedly, I don’t frequent the warrior sub-forum as much, but I didn’t think there was a heated battle going on there. From what I see it’s mostly:

“So what elite weapon are we getting?”

“I dunno… torch I guess?”

“But the berserker pic we saw has no weapons.”

“BARE HANDS, BABY! (insert bear hands joke for any norn player)”

Other than that, there’s discussions about the current state of warrior, but nothing to the degree of the melee staff/1200 range rifle war dragging on in the thief section. I could be wrong though, but man, it’s getting pretty ridiculous.

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Would be cool if in the final battle with Elder dragon Mordremoth a giant Glint came down from the sky and began battling him with our heros.

Just sayin’ ArenaNet. We haven’t seen Epic in this game yet and the lore writers have given you an ocean to fish in to give us incredible content. In considering how good the lore is I would say writing for personal story chapters on GW2 was the worst in any video game I’ve played. Taking into account the great source material they had to work with. So glad it looks like this problem has been rectified in GW2: HoT.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Can’t tell if serious or not.

Well they have to redesign Rebound so… was expecting it.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

How do you think rangers feel? Ours was the first elite spec that anet announced, but we still have zero information about the druid other than “druids will use a staff”.

Knowing Anet, the druid reveal will be dead last.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Back to the real point, there is no way in hell that bulky guy is a Sylvari. A sylvari that doesn’t look anorexic doesn’t exist in this game.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Back to the real point, there is no way in hell that bulky guy is a Sylvari. A sylvari that doesn’t look anorexic doesn’t exist in this game.

Maybe he juices…..

…I’ll leave now.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Kaiden Valor.7163

Kaiden Valor.7163

“None will ever hear her true name spoken properly”—-this is part of the caption from the Facebook post they made linking the same picture

What’s everyone’s take on this? Everything points to glint, but this throws me off.. glint is formerly known as glaust and has gone by no other names.. the only argument is to say they are referring to kralkatorrik. The problem with this is glint Is only a champion of
kralkatorrik, and is no way her “proper name”

So that throws me off a little. Any thoughts?

Edit:I’m still convinced it’s glint, but why do you think they included that line ?

Yea I mean it’s definitely Glint legend for Revenant. Roy retweeted it saying “HYPE” which means it’s got to be Revenant related :P

When I read that extra sentence of facebook my initial impression is they were referring to her previous name as Glaust. But then the word “properly” throws me off bit, like has everyone been pronouncing her name wrong or something :P. They might be teasing some additional lore we’re getting in HoT or maybe I just don’t know something really obvious?

It’s also possible they thought it sounded cool and actually has no significant meaning.

Knighthonor.4061

I wonder how the F1 &F2 will change, seeing that the Revenant got only a 1hander.