Tempest Warhorn needs...

Tempest Warhorn needs...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

It needs more storms. It’s not cool, it’s the nerd that brought a flute to a dagger fight. The concept needs to be like, calling storms, then it would be cool.

And rework Glyphs of Storms, Glyph of Elemental Power and Glyph of Renewal.

Awesome. Thanks.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

yeah i don’t see a lot of eles running warhorn, simply because it doesn’t really bring anything to the table other than boon sharing. Oh, and a huge firefield. Ele didn’t have enough of those right?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I will still be using my staff. Warhorn doesn’t seem too cool to me.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

yeah i don’t see a lot of eles running warhorn, simply because it doesn’t really bring anything to the table other than boon sharing. Oh, and a huge firefield. Ele didn’t have enough of those right?

Well you forgot that now you have no means of blasting them with your OH! ha! bet you didn’t see that coming.

Oh wait that is not a plus….

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I think it’s because warhorn locks you into dagger or scepter. A lot of eles wanted a new mainhand, not a new offhand. Warhorn will always be limited because it locks you into the existing mainhand weapons.

the fire overload with sword would’ve been really powerful.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

What the warhorn really need is to be dual pistols.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

Warhorn is FANTASTIC. Probably the best new weapon for an elite spec IMO. Brings the boonshares, brings some great dps, an ENORMOUS fire field with burning, and some very cool moving field effects.

I LOVE it. I will never use anything else. Scepter/Warhorn ftw for me. Love love love it.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Nova Stiker.8396

Warhorn is FANTASTIC. Probably the best new weapon for an elite spec IMO. Brings the boonshares, brings some great dps, an ENORMOUS fire field with burning, and some very cool moving field effects.

I LOVE it. I will never use anything else. Scepter/Warhorn ftw for me. Love love love it.

Well that makes one of us. I love the shouts, however, Warhorn brings nothing of new value.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

You already shared boons previously to it, you are doing less damage than before and already had fire fields that do more burning than the warhorn one.

Glad you think it’s cool though.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

old stuff can do everything warhorn does

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Lyanna.9875

Lyanna.9875

Exactly what i feel…
The warhorn fire field is the revenant field (the one that puts bricks in it) revamped to be suitable for an Ele in the fire attunement, but less powerful than what we can do with Staff.
The overload are weak… I did more damage with my Staff 1 in water (that if you play an ele know it is not at all powerful eheh )

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I think it’s because warhorn locks you into dagger or scepter. A lot of eles wanted a new mainhand, not a new offhand. Warhorn will always be limited because it locks you into the existing mainhand weapons.

And a new mainhand would lock you into dagger or focus offhand. I don’t see how it’s better that way.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s all equally bad all around. Literally nothing works well with it, there is no synergy beside auras, but even there the shouts overlap with the water grandmaster trait.

And the elite is so disappointing considering mesmers are getting the new alacrity boon which is 10 times better and not even an elite.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I’ve still seen no real explanation as to why the class is even called Tempest.
They did mention that there have been a lot of iterations so I’d have to expect (or at least hope) the early ones were more centered around storm-summoning, but in its current state, it has so little tie to storms at all that the name really does not fit.

Is it just because the concept art was already done before the actual concept was changed? Is there any possibility the name can be changed by release, so we can at least have the possibility of a real tempest at some point? I’d like answers. :-(

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: CDUB.1645

CDUB.1645

I wish they would have made warhorn main hand and offhand. I think ele needs a weapon that can be placed in either hand. Will help grow the ele and promote build diversity. With the tempest right now….I dont see it being worth taking over the other trait lines. Elite specializations should be just so awesome that you almost have to lean toward taking……other wise it isnt elite.

I see some potential but seem like there are too many changes that would be required and i am not sold that anet will look into the recommendations of its ele player community, as i hardly see any reponse from devs on ele forums ever.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Nova Stiker.8396

Tempest itself, the traitline and shouts are beastly and I love it. D/D Tempest forever <3 (plz don’t nerf)

Warhorn is LAAAAAME. Boring. Snooresville. Weak.

If I am a weather mage, why can I not play the Song of Storms? Link is more of a Tempest than a Tempest.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Tskales.2804

Tskales.2804

“Tempest warhorn needs…”

…to be replaced with sword.

“I’m sure glad that A-net is spending the 20 minutes or so that it would take to remove
the hobosack on making more important additions to the game.
Like golden pigs for the gem store” – Gern.2978

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Nova Stiker.8396

“Tempest warhorn needs…”

Na.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

To me, the warhorn only seems to synergise with the staff. This is obviously a problem, seeing as they can’t be used together. I’d rather slaughter my enemies with a dagger than buff players to do slightly more. Then again, I’m not a fan of the traits, utilities or elite either. I can see potential in the heal; but other than that I feel older alternatives are just much better.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Nova Stiker.8396

To me, the warhorn only seems to synergise with the staff. This is obviously a problem, seeing as they can’t be used together. I’d rather slaughter my enemies with a dagger than buff players to do slightly more. Then again, I’m not a fan of the traits, utilities or elite either. I can see potential in the heal; but other than that I feel older alternatives are just much better.

It also doesn’t synergize well with overcharging because it’s too fast (yeah, skills are TOO fast, which works against Tempest). Plus it doesn’t complement the damage from overcharging.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve found it a fun alternative to D/D, but I have to admit I wasn’t worrying too much about the details (and I’ve only gotten to play the beta for a few hours). The skills seem interesting and work well enough in the sense that my enemies died before me or my allies.

To be honest I’ve always felt like the weapon choices were the eles weak point. I’ve sometimes wondered if it’s a result of trying to adapt the GW1 profession where the weapon was pretty irrelevant except for the bonuses it gave. But then the Mesmer doesn’t have the same problem. (I’ve not played a necromancer much in either game so I couldn’t comment on them.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: oiseau.6481

oiseau.6481

And a new mainhand would lock you into dagger or focus offhand. I don’t see how it’s better that way.

not really true.
Offhand can be used large range or close range, especially focus that brings you a lot of defensives skills.
They could have brought any distance weapon, it would have fit an option.

here warhorn is melee with long cast fields that wont fit pvp or wvw well. It doesnt change a lot the gameplay either.
Moreover, you ca’nt explode a lot, especially if you deleted arcana to take spec traitline.

A sword would have meant a very mobile weapon that could have done the same option as sword vs dagger for thief.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

stability on overloads

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Kitabake.8291

Kitabake.8291

Increase recharge on attunement swap and make overload ready on swap

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Evilmanta.2635

Evilmanta.2635

Well that makes one of us. I love the shouts, however, Warhorn brings nothing of new value.

I also feel this way. the shouts and the overload is cool, but warhorn is like taking staff stuff and putting it in a less effective package on offhand

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

“Tempest warhorn needs…”

Adding salt to the wounds.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

stability on overloads

In the main feedback thread I was about to propose that, but I changed my mind and proposed stability when under the effect of protection instead.

It just seems interesting that way: it would work on overload (if you take protection on overload) and it would make it possible to drop armor of earth in favor of one of these new shout if you used other sources of protection; a Fire-Earth-Tempest build would give you stability when attuning to fire for example with the right traits.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Divine Flavor.2016

Divine Flavor.2016

My $0.02:

Dragonhunter was better than I thought it would be, but the arrow-sound needs to get replaced with something more awesome sounding. The little light arrows aren’t impressive looking, and it sounds just like a regular bow. I can just play my ranger to do that.

Reaper: lol – where do I begin? That elite spec is the absolute. If only all of them could be like that! I really do think that class is going to go from being one of the lesser-played to one of the more commonly played.

Chronomancer: Feels like a mesmer with just a few new tricks, but I like it.

Tempest: Feels like I’m still playing an Ele, just that I can over-charge. The warhorn abilities are different, but I don’t think I’d play them over a DD.

I’m tempted to say that the classes that just got off-hands don’t really feel all that new. I mean, I’m using the shouts, and yes I understand Tempest is more frontline and whatnot, but I just don’t feel like they’re all that different. Skills 1-3 are 1-3 for reason IMHO – you use them the most. If the main-hand doesn’t change, it still feels a lot the same. Perhaps that’s just me, but I’m interested in hearing what people say about it.

I really do think Tempest and Chronomancer should get new main-hands as well. It’s not about a fairness thing, I think it’s just a feel thing.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: Divine Flavor.2016

Divine Flavor.2016

I also think that if you’re elite-specced, it should change your logo and class-name to be that class.

Tempest Warhorn needs...

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

To not be a weaker focus…..

I mean this nicely but the two items fill the same role currently, and focus does it better.