Tempest overload range.

Tempest overload range.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

i really feel the thing which limits the use of tempest build is that overload is melee ranged.
think it would be far better overall if it was an aoe cast (such as lava field) with range the same as your main weapons auto attack range ^^

Tempest overload range.

Posted by: sokeenoppa.5384

sokeenoppa.5384

I disagree. You need to move with ur Enemy If you wanna damage him with lets say fire overload

Tempest overload range.

Posted by: Bratec.7136

Bratec.7136

I remember getting first time in melee vs Tempest. Died just in few seconds, those 2.5K+ crit spam.

Didnt except ranged class like mages outdps melee classes, but whatever.

Tempest overload range.

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Tempest was designed as a melee bruiser, stands to reason that it’s primary mechanic is in melee range.

Tempest overload range.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This is a good example of how opportunity cost works in game skill design. The opportunity cost for being able to move the skill throughout its duration (as your target moves) is that the skill is PBAoE. The opportunity cost for being usable at range would be that the skill, once cast, would be locked at that location, as is Lava Font.

Ele has plenty of options for cast-at-range AoE. I suggest leaving Overload as is.

Tempest overload range.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

This is a good example of how opportunity cost works in game skill design. The opportunity cost for being able to move the skill throughout its duration (as your target moves) is that the skill is PBAoE. The opportunity cost for being usable at range would be that the skill, once cast, would be locked at that location, as is Lava Font.

Ele has plenty of options for cast-at-range AoE. I suggest leaving Overload as is.

It’s also much riskier to perform an Overload, coming from a clothy. Additional Risk/Reward balance. It also permits a counter to the overload: getting whacked in the head by a hammer.
Overload is fine as it is.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632