Tenebrous\Shimmering Crystals TOO Many

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

TLDR: The crystals have become the new bloodstone dust. Can these crystals be allowed to go into the material storage of the bank? Thank you.

For those that mine guild hall mining nodes, you have a chance of getting shimmering or tenebrous crystals. These crystals are used to make guild armor and weapons from HoT. These materials (the crystals) do not fit into the “material storage” pane of the bank. There are many players that do not want to make these guild items or lack the other materials (ancient wood, ectos, etc.) to make every item in this set. Long story short, I have multiple stacks of these crystals in my bank and running out room. The crystals have become the new bloodstone dust. Can these crystals be allowed to go into the material storage of the bank? Thank you.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I would prefer if A-net made them more desired instead of another slot in storage. Its similar to blade shards atm. They should make a high end guild weapon/armor set before giving them a material storage slot.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

reapex.8546

I would prefer if A-net made them more desired instead of another slot in storage. Its similar to blade shards atm. They should make a high end guild weapon/armor set before giving them a material storage slot.

Or reduce the number of drops per node. Any of the previous mentioned choices would be good, in my opinion. Ty for replying.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

No. Just sell your extras to the merchant. True, you won’t get much, but it is for free. Just because you have too much should not be a reason to make it hard for the others.

reapex.8546

No. Just sell your extras to the merchant. True, you won’t get much, but it is for free. Just because you have too much should not be a reason to make it hard for the others.

Yeah, I was undecided about saying reduce the number of drops. You have point, with bloodstone dust Anet created a feeder item. If the crystals had an item like that, it would be nice and helpful. Also, wouldn’t interfere with anyone getting the items.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Anything that gets used only in crafting should go into bank crafting slots.
  • Anything only needed for vendors should go in the wallet.

A few items are more complicated (e.g. ecto) and used for more than one purpose, but they can maybe go in the crafting vault, too.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

reapex.8546

A few items are more complicated (e.g. ecto) and used for more than one purpose, but they can maybe go in the crafting vault, too.

Thank you, just hope someone at ArenaNet sees this post before we run into the same issue we had with Geodes, Bandit Crests, blade shards, and ascended rings over the years. Right now, I have 3-4 stacks and I’ve been using the mining nodes for less than 6 months.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thank you, just hope someone at ArenaNet sees this post before we run into the same issue we had with Geodes, Bandit Crests, blade shards, and ascended rings over the years. Right now, I have 3-4 stacks and I’ve been using the mining nodes for less than 6 months.

They’ve seen it

I’ve made the same suggestion in every post on the topic of “we have too many…” (plus started some of my own). Some day, someone at ANet will decide that they should put someone in charge of managing the Player Inventory Management Experience — that’s an expensive thing to do (give someone a job that doesn’t directly lead to new content or new initiatives).

The job would be to make sure that ANet’s many teams don’t end up behaving like college professors. You know, each one assigns two to four hours of homework + two to four hours of reading, which isn’t bad for a class that only meets twice a week. Except that when every professor does it, students end up with more than 40-50 hours of schoolwork + class time.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

LOL!

I’ve never even bothered with them as I couldn’t be kitten d with the convoluted system of all the recipes and crap involved. Not to mention the ridiculous amounts of Crystalline Ore and Commendations you had to spend per recipe. Hell, you need to use the wiki to actually know what the heck you’re supposed to do.

K.I.S.S.

Would have been much better just to have the vendor sell the pieces directly for the crystals and some commendations instead of the recipes to craft components for recipes to craft the actual item. Basically like those WvW vendors that sell armor and weapons.

Pretty sure I have enough crystals to build every individual weapon and piece of armor with the stacks of both Tenebrous and Shimmering crystals (as I have access to both guilds with max mining nodes) were it not for the sheer amount of Crystalline Ore and Guild Commendations required just to get the kitten recipes.

I still have nightmares of the Crystalline Ore I had to get just to make enough ingots for HOPE… Talk about Grind Wars 2.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

To be fair crystalline ore is alot easier to get after the April patch. I usually buy like 60 extra keys for the map currencies and then open 60+ pods per run for over 100 ores.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

It would be dope if we could use them to power temporary crafting stations or some other consumable thing in the guild hall that has a benefit.

Maybe a permanent set of buffs that need to be “charged” by crystals to work or something. The buffs would give looting players a proc chance to generate mats directly to the Treasury. So the cycle would be harvest>people put crystals toward whatever materials they want to help the guild generate, then they go play as normal.

This would somewhat democratize the treasury without removing its current application as a way to dump resources and sink them from the economy since it’s all RNG, and at a fixed rate, unlike influence which gave accelerated gains for just having more guild members, this one would give the same gains to guilds of all sizes since contributing more crystals just makes the buff longer. They also wouldn’t appreciably change the demand of crating materials now that guild’s needs for them have calmed down to normal levels.

Thematically, you could say that you’re giving them to Esa to go trade for mats out in the world. Would give people in guilds of all sizes, and at all levels of weath that warm fuzzy feling that they’re contributing to those guild upgrades without explicitly requiring them to donate their own mats, though directly donating would still be the fastest and most reliable way.

Be even cooler if you saw Esa walking around in various zones from town to town as if he were actually trading.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Since you can’t sell them or use for something another just destroy them.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You can vendor them — 16 copper each.

(My alt account, without HoT, sells whenever it gets a stack.)

Posted by: fritanga.1623

fritanga.1623

I think there just needs to be more sinks for them. Maybe make it so we could craft Mystic Coins or Amalgamated Gemstones with them?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m just keeping 1 stack of each in my bank (same as I’d keep if they could go into storage) and selling the rest to merchants.

I don’t understand why they can’t go into material storage, since they are crafting materials, but it doesn’t really bother me.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think there just needs to be more sinks for them. Maybe make it so we could craft Mystic Coins or Amalgamated Gemstones with them?

More sinks yes, but not for existing items.

Anet also needs to take a look at Essence of Time, it is a pretty rare drop from silver waste chests, but barely has any uses so it is only worth 3s

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

reapex.8546

More sinks yes, but not for existing items.

Anet also needs to take a look at Essence of Time, it is a pretty rare drop from silver waste chests, but barely has any uses so it is only worth 3s

It would be nice, if some items like the Essence of Time and guild crystals had more than one use or sink.

reapex.8546

That makes me feel just as kitteneeing people sell ascended rings because we weren’t able to salvage them. I hope some solution comes with the crystals, so we’re not force to destroy them or sell them for 16 copper each.

reapex.8546

I

Thematically, you could say that you’re giving them to Esa to go trade for mats out in the world. Would give people in guilds of all sizes, and at all levels of weath that warm fuzzy feling that they’re contributing to those guild upgrades without explicitly requiring them to donate their own mats, though directly donating would still be the fastest and most reliable way.

That is an alternative, allow players to give the crystals to Esa in exchange for a guild hall’s mats. Would make them more valuable, overall.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That makes me feel just as kitteneeing people sell ascended rings because we weren’t able to salvage them. I hope some solution comes with the crystals, so we’re not force to destroy them or sell them for 16 copper each.

Ascended sounds like it should be valuable; I can understand why people are annoyed that the rings are only worth 5 silver.

Crystals, on the other hand, drop for zero effort; they are a bonus drop, just the same as dandelions drop when you gather veggies and herbs. 16 copper seems almost generous for someone like me that doesn’t want to pay the other costs required to get the guild skins.

reapex.8546

Ascended sounds like it should be valuable; I can understand why people are annoyed that the rings are only worth 5 silver.

Crystals, on the other hand, drop for zero effort; they are a bonus drop, just the same as dandelions drop when you gather veggies and herbs. 16 copper seems almost generous for someone like me that doesn’t want to pay the other costs required to get the guild skins.

That makes sense, why Anet saw it reasonable to sell them for 16 copper each. If they’re considering them junk items and how often they drop. Some type of Guild Hall Crystal Feeder would be very welcomed