...Thank You!!

...Thank You!!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jed.3798

Jed.3798

I don’t usually have need to post on the forums, but this was the first time I was able to participate in a Beta, and I just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to experience that. The new profession seems like a lot of fun to learn, as well as getting used to the mastery system. Look forward to the release!

Thank you again for allowing me to experience the beta release!!

Jed

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

We’re really happy that you had a good time in the stress test.

Thanks a lot for posting, it was very nice of you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Mondra.7439

Mondra.7439

I cannot agree more. Thank you a lot!
I loved the gliding, so much fun -

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I had a great time in the stress test. Beautiful environment and neat creatures. Wyvern battle was very cool. I cannot wait to glide more! Thanks so much for letting me participate in the beta!

...Thank You!!

Posted by: naujocks.2319

naujocks.2319

I had a great time in the stress test. Beautiful environment and neat creatures. Wyvern battle was very cool. I cannot wait to glide more! Thanks so much for letting me participate in the beta!

This. Very enjoyable.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Absolutely loved it!

The glider is hilarious and the revenant looks promising at this point.

Thanks for the punctual start and no connection issues whatsoever,.

(Guess I’ll skip some sleep this night for the 2nd opening)

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Yngvi.3452

Yngvi.3452

My thanks too was a lot of fun.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: shimmershine.3156

shimmershine.3156

I have participated in a closed beta of a game only 1 time b4 this. i know this is a test for just an expansion of a game but still, i found it interesting, and fun. i think i am totally gonna love this next expansion.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Sushi.9671

Sushi.9671

That was a ton of fun. Loved it all!! Great job, Anet Dev team!

...Thank You!!

Posted by: JermyZ.3978

JermyZ.3978

Right there with ya on this. Definitely enjoyed Revenant once i got the hang of it! Digging the mace/axe combo

13+ lvl 80’s too many to list. Ella Grimm elementalist is usually main.
Everything Purple [EP]

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Mindgame.7852

Mindgame.7852

Thanks for the invite. It was fun and I hope it only gets better from here.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: saleh.2074

saleh.2074

Thank it was really fun to speak with my friend about the close beta

It was fun

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

Great addition to the game, rev feels like that missing piece. Thank you for the beta invite.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I normally avoid betas for fear of spoilers. I dipped my toe a bit more than i thought i would and im glad I did. Fps aside it was enjoyable to take part.

Looking forward to main release

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Klonova.1742

Klonova.1742

I had a very enjoyable experience! Great job Anet, I will look forward to the expansion pack!

...Thank You!!

Posted by: munki.6402

munki.6402

I, too, have never been involved in a beta. Had a Great time.

4/1/15 forum meltdown survivor

...Thank You!!

Posted by: REBEL.6593

REBEL.6593

The Beta rocked! had a great time playing the REV! thx for inviting me! Can’t wait till the expansion!! I want to glide glide glide!

(edited by REBEL.6593)

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The two hours flew by! I like that the “don’t help Laranthir” option is disabled so there’s still story to find come HoT. There was a great sense of exploration and sharing of info in Map Chat, and not a hint of lag or connection issues for me.

It was a pleasant surprise to find that I had all my account dyes available to change up my Revenant’s look. I still rushed it a bit because I wasn’t going to spend the whole demo playing dress up but he came out looking different, which was my goal. I could swear I picked blindfold #3 — though perhaps I did get it as a skin in my inventory while getting the standard level 80 exotic beta gear to wear.

Attachments:

...Thank You!!

Posted by: aquanaughty.5781

aquanaughty.5781

Thank you Anet for the invite. I had an absolute BLAST !! After the release I WANTED the Revenant, and I WANTED the new expansion…..but now….oh please hurry !! I REALLY WANT !! As this is my first stress test beta, I’m going to assume since you guided us to the Wyvern that that was being stressed…it was great. It played well, with speed, surprises and some hurting !! Since little glitches happen in the regular game I really wasn’t bothered by it here. Some of the game play will take time to get used to, like flying, but I was amazed at how “intuitive” the Revenant played. The weapon set was well balanced in my opinion, each having it’s utility. (and all totally fun! ) Love the effects, visual and sound. Awesome job ! I’ll play the second round too.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I loved it… will be back for more in a few hours.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Thank you ANet. I am really impressed by the new tech so far.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Jack.5012

Jack.5012

Thanks from me also! I was very excited to see the email and then finally get in game to try it out, was super enjoyable for a stress test, played for the full 2 hours with no real problems! The only way is up from here!

Gunnar’s Hold Guardian Jackary

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It was great. Ran smoothly. No DC’s or lag. I loved the gliding (and having access to all of our dyes ^^). Now I’m kind of curious about how the other professions do. For example, with the wyvern, do the other professions have a control skill similar to the Revenants chain skill?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: M K Kat.4718

M K Kat.4718

Thank you for inviting me to participate in the beta stress test for HoT! It was great – can’t wait for the other 2 hours tonight! I love the revenant and am looking forward to raising one from scratch and learning all the ins and outs. Loved gliding over to the platform to kill the wyvern. Now I want to fly everywhere. Only real problem is that I want the expansion pack now! Lol! Again thanks for the invite and the opportunity to play if only in a limited map.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

Indeed, thank you. I look forward to playing in the evening test as well.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Thanks for inviting me to the beta.

I was really not impressed with it though….

I really hope you guys over there at Anet don’t let me down.

I know you can do it.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Dubya.3274

Dubya.3274

Thank you SO much for the invite! I absolutely loved it and can barely wait for the release please hurry. The graphics were beautiful and the gameplay was awesome. I love playing the new class.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Gale.4815

Gale.4815

When the beta ended, I looked up at the clock and couldn’t believe my eyes, 2 hours had past! I had no issues with the beta test except that it ended too fast.
Can’t wait for the next round.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Korpz Drive.5974

Korpz Drive.5974

Thank you for inviting me to Beta, it was Awesome! Can we have more please?!!?

(edited by Korpz Drive.5974)

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Maryth.9372

Maryth.9372

Thank you! I’m sure we glimpsed through a small window at what is in store for us in HoT. It was a great experience to be a part of your testing. I’d love to do it again and again.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Dubya.3274

Dubya.3274

Thank you SO much for the invite! I absolutely loved it and can barely wait for the release please hurry. The graphics were beautiful and the gameplay was awesome. I love playing the new class.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Zaruna.3812

Zaruna.3812

Is this stress test stressing the current WvW servers we got?

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

I’m glad there is a “Thank You” thread for this. I was going to make one if there wasn’t one. Anyway, thank you for inviting me to the beta test.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: chemie banger.9624

chemie banger.9624

Thank you for the invite but it was like 3am to 5am :-/
So thanks to all those posting I can get some info on HoT :-)

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Paolo.6198

Paolo.6198

Thank you very much, ANet. I had lots of fun playing the revenant! I also had fun fighting the Mordrem Wyvern! I hope I get another invite to the next beta! hahaha

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Vandor.9718

Vandor.9718

Thanks Anet. Very fun content and as always felt very polished. Keep up the good work!

...Thank You!!

Posted by: SithTristen.4375

SithTristen.4375

I enjoyed the first session. It was a nice taste, and now I’m left wanting more. Looking forward to this expansion..

...Thank You!!

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I don’t usually have need to post on the forums, but this was the first time I was able to participate in a Beta, and I just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to experience that. The new profession seems like a lot of fun to learn, as well as getting used to the mastery system. Look forward to the release!

Jed

It wasn’t a “beta” test. it was a stress test. The test was for server stability with the new technology, not for players to “play test” the game . I feel the distinction is very important here.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Jed

It wasn’t a “beta” test. it was a stress test. The test was for server stability with the new technology, not for players to “play test” the game . I feel the distinction is very important here.

From the invitation email: " You’re welcome to discuss your Heart of Thorns experience with friends and on social media. We also encourage you to provide your feedback on the Heart of Thorns subforum."

...Thank You!!

Posted by: BookofEli.2137

BookofEli.2137

hi, I wanted to say thankyou for the beta invite, unfortunatly I missed my time window, just reading the forum responses I cant wait for the next one, I hope I get picked again, I love the fast paced game as it is, seeing the responses on the revenant, I cant wait to try it when the expansion comes out, see you in the mists!

...Thank You!!

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Jed

From the invitation email: " You’re welcome to discuss your Heart of Thorns experience with friends and on social media. We also encourage you to provide your feedback on the Heart of Thorns subforum."

What does any of that have to do with the fact that it was a “stress test” and not a beta?

You replied in a manner that suggest you believe I was commenting because of any criticisms or feed back. That was not the case.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

*feels envy wanting to participate in it too* :P Anyway, a "thank you" thread is always nice to see. xD

...Thank You!!

Posted by: DanielMc.7204

DanielMc.7204

I was very surprised and very excited by the Beta invitation and would also like to express my thanks. I thoroughly enjoyed my “sneak peek” into the Revenant and loved the new Gliding ability. All-in-all, I thought it played very well and I experienced very little difficulty. I know I am going to love exploring this new map in all its vertical glory. Thank you, once again for the privilege of joining in this Beta.

...Thank You!!

Posted by: jguerin.8261

jguerin.8261

Yes a very special “thank you” for making our friends and guildmates envious.
mwahahah rings hands

...Thank You!!

Posted by: Grumpy.6027

Grumpy.6027

@Dancingmonkey thanks went 1 day without someone trolling. Anywho yes it was a stress test but beta characters and beta button the create the character. Anywho glad to see the trolls are still around. Also maybe you could have said what you had to say in a non trollish way but anywho cya