Thank you Devs !

Thank you Devs !

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Captain Remix.8762

Captain Remix.8762

I want to thank you devs personally for taking the time to listen to the customers and implement some of the recent changes. I have not been playing GW2 long, but it is the best there is at this point and time, thus the reason I am here.

I am so happy that you allowed gliding and also the show all interact objects.

With just these two things, I played my head off today. I actually was able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the game without having to think too much about anything, accept that fact that I was having fun. THAT is what a good game is about !

Thank you.

Thank you Devs !

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

Chill buddy, the forums are mostly full of whiners and people complaining because the rest of us that are happy with the game and enjoy it are actually playing it. (The only reason I’m checking the forums is because I’m at work :P)

Is good to see a “Thank you!” post every one in a while, I’m pretty sure it makes more than one dev smile.
I love Guild Wars and I believe ANet is a great developer… specially after coming from a Trion Games game like Rift that was a very promising game and a really good one if I may say but they turned it into the most disgusting moneygrab. I quitted more than a year ago and you can imagine my happiness after seeing the top guild in that game quit because they got fed up with this pathetic developer.

If you wanna see what a bad developer is, what a true moneygrab is, please watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoW36Rjh-w0

Thanks for your post!

Thank you Devs !

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Well if they actually fixed issues that have been there since years: dc = lose map, megaservers closing maps while there are a lot of people on it, LFG tool, class balance split between gamemodes, actually being rewarded for the effort you put in and so on.

Then more people would actually be grateful.

You’re a newer player, so you probably aren’t seeing the issue people see that have been here for years.

(edited by Conner.5803)

Thank you Devs !

Posted by: ledernierrempart.6871

ledernierrempart.6871

lets be clear,

gw2 is for me the best mmo/rpg i have played. i haven’t enjoyed starting playing others mmo/rpg like i did when i started gw2.
the art is wonderfull, the maps are all great, well designed and feels very differents.
quests system and living event is a very good idea and was very well implemented (i am not talking about HOT here).
the combat system is one of my favourite (my favourite being tera’s one). the class and builds diversity is very nice, maked me theory craft for hours because you could do so many different things with only one class. pvp was simple but fun back in time, we were happy with what we had. WvW was very alive + obsidian sanctuary giving me hours of fun gameplay when buses fought over the jumping.
the living story was amazing + the events of the living story like the nightmare tower, super adventure box, all about scarlet etc…
the fact you can choose how to start your principale quests was very appealing forcing me to create lots of character to test them out. i had a wonderful time on gw2.
i could go on with lots of other pros but today there is so many cons that kill the game for us, old players. (i have nearly 3 years of playing).

whats wrong with gw2?
well first anet has a communication problem, they seem to not listen properly to the community.
WvW became lame and boring because of the lack of new things and of the HOT downgrade. pvp became even worst with the new op classes and tank meta.
anet, instead of balancing the game little by little they just do nothing until their big patch. balacing every 3 months when you try to make a competitive game (e-sport duh) is rubbish. their new pvp game, stronghold, is lame and boring (i wont go in the details here but feel free to ask). the new pve was refreshing… for 1 to 2 months. then it became boring and repetitive. mordremoth gave us a better fight than zaitan but was still disappointing and boring. (the best story/bosses to fight was in the season2 of the living story. it gave me hope for the HOT story. i was really disappointed).
anet waited to launch HOT to resolve some issues on some class skills that were there since launch… dungeon history mod is very well done, dungeons are nice overall… they killed dungeons with HOT. i don’t mind farming dungeons, but i mind opening chests mindlessly in a desert. they took their time to get rid of some problems in dungeons that let people rush bosses like their were a moa. the comunity loved the dungeons, they asked for more difficulty, and better reward. anet maked dungeons easier and divided by 3 the gold you earn without any up in loot or special reward.
people wanted less blob fight in WvW and more groupe fights all over the place. stab change and HOT favourised blob fights. WvW still got kittenty rewards, only WvW is affected by server changing. (if you pve or spvp you don’t care on what server you are).
NO GVG. guild wars cough cough…
super adventure box not coming back (i know they had a problem with it so they couldn’t release it again but hey, how long has it been since the last time we had an event like this?) raid rewards are for a legendary armor… who cares. i ll be glad to try hard to get a special reward… but for only legendary armor i ll just not waste my time and energy to try to beat the raid. (tho the raid are very good!!)
loot in fractals are a joke. i dreamed one day i could drop the fractal endless tonic… sure come back in 10 years. tonics are a very nice addition. some use them for wandering around while others for some RP. so far, no special tonics or special furnitures giving us the opportunity to sit on chairs. no duels (at least im ok with it. but we needed to wait for HOT to be able to fight who you wanted with your pve/wvw gear). guilds hall upgrades are a joke. its a ressource sinkhole. only big active guilds can have the opportunity to get op WvW stuff (banners, airstrike, etc…) and customize nicely their hall. huge grind wall for too little. (the guilds hall are nice tho).
they did a wonderfull wvw map (edge of the mist) and didn’t added it to the actuall wvw competition. instead they gave us a wonderfull and epic new desert bordeland where no one want to play because its too big.
there is less and less events in gw2.
in HOT they added the enrage state to mobs… which only give more damage to the mobs. where in tera it not only give more damage while recieving more, it speed up the mobs animations and reactivity letting no dead time between each skills which felt like you were actually fighting mobs controlled by players.

i think you get why people are disappointed.
they could have done so much with this game. (ex: being able to fight other playes in the pve maps would be awesome like in the beta events. instead they gave us only a hunger game gamemod (which is nice but too much restrictive)).
giving us gliding in wvw for exemple? creating player mobs fight? creating an airship fight between 2 airships in eotm?(with players on them obviously). making an event where you need to find and chase a particular shy mob in some pve map where the mob will always escape until you kill/capture it? (an event where players can transform into mobs to fight other players none transformed? XD lets dream).
some 20v20 game mod with a little part of a WvW map for a special game mod?
better world boss (anet is currently working on them, the shatterer being the new reworked world boss)(just wtf why anet did nerf the fire elemental? it was so much fun before, now its plain trash). (tho tquatl and jungle wurm are nice, bosses to do. its sad there is no so good reward unless you are very lucky).
why do anet not give a test phase to their spvp where they rebalance everything every days, week for one or two months accordingly to what the playerbase tested?
why don’t they change the tic system in wvw to defavourise mono blob?
why isn’t there a 1v1 or special 3v3 in spvp (go and take a look at blade n soul 3v3 or other mmo/rpg.)
they might had all those ideas before but didn’t implemented them becasue of server issues, bugs, budget pb or it didn’t got approved. (if its the case that sucks).
then i know its not a monthly subscription. you just by the game and play. id say gw2 is worth the price given the amount of time i have spent on it but sadly i feel like gw2 is getting worse with time to the point where HOT killed a bit the game. (tho HOT was necessary but they didn’t do it right .)

thats how i feel about the game right now.

Thank you Devs !

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

First chill and relax ,buddy.No one say the game is garbage,but some changes are just … not needed or made it even worser.Some beta hot tester feels facepunched,because it could get so much better.

Let me say it on this way.

I really love the map , the enviroment and well everything about the maps.Tyria is a beautiful map and lovely made , even if i prefer more or less the “rata sum sector” than the Charr places or Norn places.
Hot is also nice designed , even if there are only 4 maps ,but still they are nice and interesting.Most favourite map is Auric basin in my opinion.Tangled depths is really messy ,if you try to find something and if you are at a place with more than 4 stages like surface and underground , then it gonna be a bit messy,if there is a vista or so on.

Also the quest system is great and fun and also nice to level your classes and play with them.

But later you are just annoyed by their pvp orientaited changes as a pve player.Everyone knows that pve and pvp can’t be balanced in the same way.Also we know that they are using two seperated systems , but nope … all hail to pvp.
Also there are so many bugs that need to be fixxed and never will getting fixxed sadly or some skills doesnt work correctly like static discharge as engi.Sometimes it just goes through the ground and miss the enemy a lot or mess up your skills rotations.

Also that stuff with DS , that its timebased and you put almost 2 hours in it ! Not saying that it is bad and so on , but the tricky part comes at the end and there sometimes occurs stranges bugs like instant fail or a pod just randomly respawn,which can mess up everything and if its fails you wasted two hours for nothing .Its more frustating if you just do it for the pod runs ,which are only avaible for 15 mins and need some kittenems from them like spec weapons,THEN you are annoyed ! …. and need to wait for another map taxi .

Also you have to grind so much to unlock stuff for the mastery .First you need to get enough experience.Tyria masteries grants some variation , but not much , when you do the “most” effective way like silverwaste or cf,then you feel more like a zombie.
In HoT you got some variations aswell , but those are mostly meta events,which was fun , but now im getting sick of doing them( Can’t hear faren voice anymore ! x.x ).Also you need to do archievements stuff ,which are annoying as hell , if you dislike stuff like that or just have no luck or ppls for doing them,because you need like 16 masterypoints to unlock mastery xy …. which isnt fun at all , when you feel more or less forced ^^.Some masteries are just needed to practice at more events or for map exploring ….

So that grinding stuff kills the game fun for me + fractals are like a menu now … like 1 , 4 , 6, are the easiest one lets do them ! …. Im used to get four random fractals now its only one for each scale.That’s makes it less interesting for me and preadictable for me.
Dungeons got terminated ,because of reward sucks.You did them for getting money and now they got nerfed to “fix” the broken enconomy ? It’s still broken ,if you ask me , if i check those prices ….

Also for me the reward feels soooo low compared to some stuff …. Sometimes you dont get more …. You just get the same reward always.Reward in this game can be so frustating.

Also another point that annoys me is the AI in this game.First those NPCS you need to protect how they act for example ( Grimblade in sw , that guy stay most of them time in red circles and cry for help,which is annoying over time to rev him ,because healing him useless , unless you use heal gear and the right class)Also you notice sometimes , that the AI feels for me like it doesnt know what to do ,count for enemy AI and allies AI.I know alot of examples ,where is see a zerk of ppls attacking one enemy and that guy goes for me ,while i was just exploring the map or they chase you to eternity and if you attack them they run back and regenerate to full health and then turn around and attack you again ,while your dmg getting ignored ,because of that regeneration … So ugh ! >.<
The AI feels for me incredibly terrible feels like they got tooo many factors for aggro and if wiki is right then yeah they are overwhelmed with tons of informations that doesnt help them a lot.So they ran back and for or ignore stuff or do weird things.For me it annoys a lot.
Also tangled depths are annoying for me with all those chaks down there and for me it feels like non creative ideas , because many enemies got skills like “charge , Tank a lot or CC a lot or hit like a truck”,which makes no fun to meet those guys alone.
Also what i dislike aswell is that they add conditions to you , that you cant remove without mastery or cant be removed ,which makes condi cleans skills totally useless for me.

Also map exploration is a pain because you need to finish some events to explore them , means ppls who are used to run around and explore ,while other ppls smashing on enemies randomly are now forced to do those aswell and hoping for success.

PVP stronghold is fun , but over time its boring .Same with those meta events.

I like this game a lot , but those new changes and how anet does their changes annoys and are eww …. Also i did the beta and you are used to a diffrent hot , that was in my opinion better atleast for the enemies , but sadly we could only do pve content and play with those new specs around and not testing all beta stuff , which would be maybe better … So hot could be maybe a lot more better and being changed to something more better.

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

Thank you Devs !

Captain Remix.8762

THIS is the type of post that gets the devs attention, REAL feedback.
I was kittened last night, I come to forum and see nothing BUT trolling, and folks just being generally ungrateful. Nothing is going to be perfect, but if you look at what you DO have, you will see that it is 500 % better than anything you have EVER played before.

Be kind to the devs, stick up for them, encouraging folks to add positivity was something lacking in my original post, and that is because I was kittened. ( NAMI )
So, I apologize for that. But, please, please, report bugs, talk to devs, create rather than the other. Because it is far harder to live, than it is to do the other.

I will work on my wording in future posts.

Thanks

lets be clear,

gw2 is for me the best mmo/rpg i have played. i haven’t enjoyed starting playing others mmo/rpg like i did when i started gw2.
the art is wonderfull, the maps are all great, well designed and feels very differents.
quests system and living event is a very good idea and was very well implemented (i am not talking about HOT here).
the combat system is one of my favourite (my favourite being tera’s one). the class and builds diversity is very nice, maked me theory craft for hours because you could do so many different things with only one class. pvp was simple but fun back in time, we were happy with what we had. WvW was very alive + obsidian sanctuary giving me hours of fun gameplay when buses fought over the jumping.
the living story was amazing + the events of the living story like the nightmare tower, super adventure box, all about scarlet etc…
the fact you can choose how to start your principale quests was very appealing forcing me to create lots of character to test them out. i had a wonderful time on gw2.
i could go on with lots of other pros but today there is so many cons that kill the game for us, old players. (i have nearly 3 years of playing).

whats wrong with gw2?
well first anet has a communication problem, they seem to not listen properly to the community.
WvW became lame and boring because of the lack of new things and of the HOT downgrade. pvp became even worst with the new op classes and tank meta.
anet, instead of balancing the game little by little they just do nothing until their big patch. balacing every 3 months when you try to make a competitive game (e-sport duh) is rubbish. their new pvp game, stronghold, is lame and boring (i wont go in the details here but feel free to ask). the new pve was refreshing… for 1 to 2 months. then it became boring and repetitive. mordremoth gave us a better fight than zaitan but was still disappointing and boring. (the best story/bosses to fight was in the season2 of the living story. it gave me hope for the HOT story. i was really disappointed).
anet waited to launch HOT to resolve some issues on some class skills that were there since launch… dungeon history mod is very well done, dungeons are nice overall… they killed dungeons with HOT. i don’t mind farming dungeons, but i mind opening chests mindlessly in a desert. they took their time to get rid of some problems in dungeons that let people rush bosses like their were a moa. the comunity loved the dungeons, they asked for more difficulty, and better reward. anet maked dungeons easier and divided by 3 the gold you earn without any up in loot or special reward.
people wanted less blob fight in WvW and more groupe fights all over the place. stab change and HOT favourised blob fights. WvW still got kittenty rewards, only WvW is affected by server changing. (if you pve or spvp you don’t care on what server you are).
NO GVG. guild wars cough cough…
super adventure box not coming back (i know they had a problem with it so they couldn’t release it again but hey, how long has it been since the last time we had an event like this?) raid rewards are for a legendary armor… who cares. i ll be glad to try hard to get a special reward… but for only legendary armor i ll just not waste my time and energy to try to beat the raid. (tho the raid are very good!!)
loot in fractals are a joke. i dreamed one day i could drop the fractal endless tonic… sure come back in 10 years. tonics are a very nice addition. some use them for wandering around while others for some RP. so far, no special tonics or special furnitures giving us the opportunity to sit on chairs. no duels (at least im ok with it. but we needed to wait for HOT to be able to fight who you wanted with your pve/wvw gear). guilds hall upgrades are a joke. its a ressource sinkhole. only big active guilds can have the opportunity to get op WvW stuff (banners, airstrike, etc…) and customize nicely their hall. huge grind wall for too little. (the guilds hall are nice tho).
they did a wonderfull wvw map (edge of the mist) and didn’t added it to the actuall wvw competition. instead they gave us a wonderfull and epic new desert bordeland where no one want to play because its too big.
there is less and less events in gw2.
in HOT they added the enrage state to mobs… which only give more damage to the mobs. where in tera it not only give more damage while recieving more, it speed up the mobs animations and reactivity letting no dead time between each skills which felt like you were actually fighting mobs controlled by players.

i think you get why people are disappointed.
they could have done so much with this game. (ex: being able to fight other playes in the pve maps would be awesome like in the beta events. instead they gave us only a hunger game gamemod (which is nice but too much restrictive)).
giving us gliding in wvw for exemple? creating player mobs fight? creating an airship fight between 2 airships in eotm?(with players on them obviously). making an event where you need to find and chase a particular shy mob in some pve map where the mob will always escape until you kill/capture it? (an event where players can transform into mobs to fight other players none transformed? XD lets dream).
some 20v20 game mod with a little part of a WvW map for a special game mod?
better world boss (anet is currently working on them, the shatterer being the new reworked world boss)(just wtf why anet did nerf the fire elemental? it was so much fun before, now its plain trash). (tho tquatl and jungle wurm are nice, bosses to do. its sad there is no so good reward unless you are very lucky).
why do anet not give a test phase to their spvp where they rebalance everything every days, week for one or two months accordingly to what the playerbase tested?
why don’t they change the tic system in wvw to defavourise mono blob?
why isn’t there a 1v1 or special 3v3 in spvp (go and take a look at blade n soul 3v3 or other mmo/rpg.)
they might had all those ideas before but didn’t implemented them becasue of server issues, bugs, budget pb or it didn’t got approved. (if its the case that sucks).
then i know its not a monthly subscription. you just by the game and play. id say gw2 is worth the price given the amount of time i have spent on it but sadly i feel like gw2 is getting worse with time to the point where HOT killed a bit the game. (tho HOT was necessary but they didn’t do it right .)

thats how i feel about the game right now.

Thank you Devs !

Captain Remix.8762

Also, I completely agree about RIFT.

That used to be the goto game, and where I was hardcore in. Like as in 18 hours straight playing. When It went to crap, I was disappointed at first, guild fell apart, raids fell apart, etc. But the best part… was that I had a real life again. I did things, I went outside, I had BBQ’s, I spent time with family, my son more. I have pictures to prove it.

I feel there is a danger, especially for me with my conditions mentally – that keep people like me glued to the keyboard and mouse spending countless hours playing. Because of mental health issues that keep me from trying to rebuild my personal life.

After a while, you get sick of building and rebuilding, only to see it fall apart again.
When you have the obstacles like this in your life, it tends to make a person bitter quickly. I am certain there are many others like me with the same or even more limitations in their lives that play GW2. I feel it is important to include this personal information in this post, because it makes me intimately associated and familiar with this game and experience it in a whole different way.

I can’t excuse my outbursts, because they just are. They just happen. I can only explain why they happen, or what their source is. Perhaps this is the same for the other folks that are negative on these forums ? Who knows. I have painfully learned many times in my life, that you get better results with honey, than you do with vinegar. I have a real knack for pushing everyone in my life away. I am working on that though. I really am.

I guess my question now leads me to think, where do we go from here ?
Is there some type of forum that we can create to put in the type of feedback that really needs addressing in regards to the game ?

Is there a community manager here that weeds thru these posts 1 by 1 in hopes that they find some sort of relevance ?

(edited by Captain Remix.8762)

Thank you Devs !

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The relevant feedback gets back to the devs either by them reading themselves, by the weekly report from the community manager or by the forum specialists. Whether they act on it or how they prioritise, or envision the feedback as part of the direction of the game is a different matter. The feedback generally gets back to them, it just isn’t always obvious until it hits live that is the case.

That latter is a problem equally caused by oft dire company communications and also the way the community sometimes presents itself.

If you have feedback, leave it constructively, with the appropriate headings and just ignore any threads that offend you or you think aren’t giving the right feedback. The devs will get what they need and ignore the rest.

Thank you Devs !

Posted by: Deaths.9165

Deaths.9165

Well after 3 years of beta GW2 we Anet finally understood that we dont need new features like Trait and skill and whatever changes. We need poolishment and bugfixes.

And u were not here for china release. We had silence from Anet. all they did was working for China release. For more then 1 year.

They changed alot of things for china and the patches were same for new china players and old Western players. We were just ignored by devs.

And u were not here when their was silence pre hot release for like 9 Months.

U havent seen living story 1. It was a desaster.

U werent here when they nerfed every week a farm spot just to force ppl to buy gems. Yes they can be fix if it comes to their rl money.

So u just come up at Hot realease oh cool everthing works great. Lol

This game is good. But after 3 years of PR. I dont beleave a word they say. The gw2 community is just frustrated beacuse of the devs non hearing ears.

And look at the new legendarys. They were desinged 3 years ago and made it into the game just now. Alot of things with hot release were promised years ago or should had been at Core release.

Sry no after 3 years i wont say thank u devs. I will just say good game. But not a game i would be hyped anymore.

(edited by Deaths.9165)

Thank you Devs !

Captain Remix.8762

I can’t imagine having to be the community manager and try to make sense out of any of this. I mean there are some great posts here. But it seems to me that there could be a better way to help streamline this feedback. Is there anyone that has any suggestions ?

Thank you Devs !

Captain Remix.8762

ok, since then.
I clearly have apologized and sincerely.