Thank you anet for listening

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

It was always about the character slot, and you made it right. I also appreciate that you are taking care of the new players that got burned as well. You have truly done much to restore my faith in your company.

I can also accept your clarification for the future. I wasn’t expecting any more new classes anyway, so this should fall in line with previous expansions regardless. Even so, thanks for clearing that up for the future.

My only question is why did it take you 6 soul crushing days to address this?

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

it’s pre-purchase only. they are still trying to kitten us.

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

it’s pre-purchase only. they are still trying to kitten us.

If your issue is with pre-purchase, then yeah…I guess that still is a problem. I figured if I’m gonna keep playing GW2, Something that was actually in doubt till this announcement, then I’m going to get the expansion, so why not pre-purchase and get it out of the way? Perhaps it will encourage them not to rush it so it gets the polish it deserves.

Anyway, date isn’t even announced yet, and they said the slot is for anyone who purchases before launch. I imagine that means the day before even…If you can’t make an informed decision by then, assuming they keep releasing info like they do, then I don’t know what to tell you.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Posted by: Stochastic.1398

Stochastic.1398

They did the minimum to prevent a full scale rebellion.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

yep, the bare minimum

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: Brostrodon.1657

Brostrodon.1657

many people asked for the character slot. i don’t that that is the minimum. the minimum would have been to do nothing.

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

many people asked for the character slot. i don’t that that is the minimum. the minimum would have been to do nothing.

Again, read the fine print. You only get the character slot if you pre-purchase.

For those of us that disagree with pre-purchasing as a practice (both ethically and practically), we still get nothing. For those who want a boxed copy, they also get nothing as boxed copies will not be available until after HoT is released.

AKA: They did the bare minimum, just to strongarm us into pre-purchase.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Why did they take 6 soul crushing days. I don’t know, maybe because when it started half the brass was still at E3 doing like that stuff. And because a HUGE update, possibly the largest in the history of the game is coming tomorrow. And maybe because they wanted to make sure that got it right and, with the community particularly, wanted to make sure they were getting the wording just right.

And maybe people have families and go home on weekends, because waiting six days made no difference to anything, really. Anyone who expected it sooner probably has never run a big business before.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I’m quite happy with how this turned out, and I was very vocal until today.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

Well done- appreciate the clarifications and the extra slot.

Posted by: dobri.7820

dobri.7820

Thank you very much Arenanet

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Why did they take 6 soul crushing days. I don’t know, maybe because when it started half the brass was still at E3 doing like that stuff. And because a HUGE update, possibly the largest in the history of the game is coming tomorrow. And maybe because they wanted to make sure that got it right and, with the community particularly, wanted to make sure they were getting the wording just right.

And maybe people have families and go home on weekends, because waiting six days made no difference to anything, really. Anyone who expected it sooner probably has never run a big business before.

E3 and the events over the past 2 weeks have nothing to do with it…. They’ve been planning this announcement for upwards of a year, and had plenty of time to think this through, to get it right BEFORE the big unveiling. They know exactly what the are doing when they started, and 6 days to respond is very clearly their Marketing and Executive staff having to do enough math to factor in the character slot as an after thought. If they had the “current” plan in mind all along, as they are claiming, it would had taken no more then 2 days for formulate a response via the Mod announcements.

GW2 appeals to a slightly older player base, who scrutinize a lot harder then most fanbases. It seems the marketing folks haven’t quite grasped that, as even a Korean MMO would have structured the offering and pricing so poorly. NCsoft and Anet are fully intent on pushing forward with the original plan, which tells us that they have far too much riding on their pre-purchase sales numbers. More importantly, this also means they are NOT factoring potential gems sales into this equation….. which raises are few other questions about how they view their own gem store.

(edited by starlinvf.1358)