Thanks, this is awesome

Thanks, this is awesome

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kehlian.4380

Kehlian.4380

I was a bit reluctant to be honest, at first.

The ambiance is perfect, the begining of the story is really cool (I don’t want to go too far too quickly so I spend some time in the camps, helping around).

I love my new main: the rev/herald.

Even if there is still some things left to tweak/fix, this is awesome. GG Anet

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

The ambiance is perfect, the begining of the story is really cool (I don’t want to go too far too quickly so I spend some time in the camps, helping around).

So glad that you’re enjoying yourself. Sure, there are things we’re working on — as you can see from the game build records — but it’s always nice to hear someone say things are going well, and I will be sure to share that “GG” with the team.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I want to add my thanks to.

On a side note, I’m thanking all the Anet staff that work on week end to provide fix and communication to the community. I believe that the week end is meant to be by the side of our families and taking this time to work for us players really need some thanks.

Also, the new map are wonderfull, they are so large, beautifull… I love them.
Masteries are awesome to. This is really the first game that give me the feeling that thanks to my hard “work” I’m starting to slowly adapt to a wild environment. Thank you.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

HoT is awesome. Like you, I was also reluctant. From my perspective Tyria was becoming less and less of a genuine world and more of a place to do business or play dress up. The new maps….they are alive, inhabited by believable characters, they are 3D explorable puzzles (gliding down into a cliff-face cave!).

The story is pretty good as well, some predictable moments, but some really good ones as well. I nearly watered Mordremoth and the transition from our team calling us boss to calling us commander was well done. The voice direction is spot on.

Night fury is the first skin I am going towards….

I could go on but will close with this. I played GW1 for 4-5 years and GW2 since launch without ever spending real world money in the cash shop. Yesterday I bought gems.

edit: Couldn’t close up there. I was going to use the gems to expand my bank to hold the new scribe materials. Thank you for starting to make room in crafting collections instead. That is just plain classy.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

(edited by Psientist.6437)

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Lirale.6437

Lirale.6437

I’d love to say thanks as well!

Not only is everything that was announced to us amazing : The new maps are GORGEOUS and fun to lose oneself in and amazing to explore, fights are fun, mobs are terrific, mechanics are super varied, the story is incredible so far, music and environment is enthralling, guild halls are amazing, etc etc etc… I could ramble to no end as this expansion as provided me for already many hours of pure fun and still there are hundreds of hours of even more fun awaiting me in the future.

But not only that, you guys even took time to take care of SO MANY little details for quality of life we had no idea were coming! The new patch ui/login is amazing, it’s a god-send to be able to see which toon masters which craft from a glance; new material storage for long-due items was so appreciated; careful changes of fractals brought an end to Jade Maw targetting of pets and minion that was annoying and crippling for some classes; overall minion/companion ai overhaul for PVE; and so many more things I just can’t think about.

Not forgetting about the fact that so many of you guys now interact with us players in so many ways (this forum, Twitter, Reddit) more and more rapidly and transparently, it is just amazing, plus it provides some very funny conversations and jokes sometimes, we just feel like we are that much closer in that big community family, you know? All of us together and not US-players and THEM-Devs.

And the expansion came out SO smoothly, bugs are addressed so fast, with so little inconvenience compared to what it could be from friend’s experience in other games. I feel privileged!

You guys did amazing. Feast well on the upcoming cupcakes, dear ArenaNet employees, some of that sugar was sent from my way and it is well deserved <3

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I agree the ambience is very done. Part of Gw2’s strength as I’ve put forth before is the presentation can tell a story on its own.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I’d like to add my thanks as well, I’ve been having loads of fun just exploring around and taking part in all the little things that are happening across the jungle. There’s really a sense of grandeur to the new zones that I’ve not felt since first setting foot in Orr and bareing witness to the Pact’s war effort first hand. The difficulty is spot on, and again very reminiscent of the vanilla beta and Orr, the expansion has really been a job well done imo, cheers!

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Many things I have truly enjoyed but I would like to make a special thanks for the Feathered Glider wings that get offered to you when you first come into Verdant Brink.

“Would you like a feathered wings glider skin to go with your feathered wings backpack?”

Well, hell yes I would thank you!

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

The hp change has made a good expac into a great one. I can now spend time exploring nooks and crannies without feeling I should run point to point on all my toons for the hp. Well done.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Lord Arhan Warmark.7098

Lord Arhan Warmark.7098

I’m loving it. No complaints here.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Thanks, as well. I’ve been going slow and really having a great time exploring the stunning world you have imagined. For those taking it slow, continue this way, it is awesome!

The battle for Tarir is just fantastic and the story, as you leave Verdant Brink, wow. Like a nightmare! Love it! I can’t wait to replay this on my Mesmer.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Towatha.4671

Towatha.4671

Amazing expansion! Really, I’ve spent so many hours in Verdant Brink just gliding around, by far my favourite map!

Well done

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Jacoberic.5128

Jacoberic.5128

So far, the expansion has not ceased to amaze me. It feels very immersive. I love the new action camera. With that, and the dialogue happening in the game instead of in the cut scene it feels much more real. I was afraid the new areas would be as obnoxious to navigate as Dry Top, but with a few masteries it becomes fun and exciting to walk around. The music quality in the story quests seems to have improved as well. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Only one tiny complaint.

……Jumps off from high spot in Tyria. Hits Glide…..

Other than that, it’s great.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’ve enjoyed the new maps a lot. I wish gliding could be propagated to a few more places (PvP lobby!).

I’ve also been fairly pleased with the iteration since the launch.

BUT…

I’m still concerned that after showing they could actually get out of the secret bunker and interact with us to the benefit of all, the Balance Team looks like they’re getting back in the habit of hiding under a rock.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Divine Flavor.2016

Divine Flavor.2016

Only one tiny complaint.

I have a feeling we’ll never see that in the original maps – not only would it probably take a lot of work to implement, but it might ruin the playability of certain quests and puzzles…

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Only one tiny complaint.

HoT has made me unrealistically confident of my ability to survive falling damage.

Item Suggestion: Emergency Puddle! Summons a puddle of water. Activates if character would take lethal falling damage. 60 minute cool down.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Only one tiny complaint.

I have a feeling we’ll never see that in the original maps – not only would it probably take a lot of work to implement, but it might ruin the playability of certain quests and puzzles…

I can see where gliding would be a problem but as Psientist said, I’m now unrealistically confident of my ability to survive falling damage. I was thinking of a Mastery line that give you a parachute. Jump off a high place, parachute deploys and you float to the ground. That shouldn’t cause problems since there needn’t be any lateral movement. Just down.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Only one tiny complaint.

I had to laugh when I read this….we ran WvW last night in a guild run and you can just imagine how many folks did this off keep walls and steep ravines. I was busy rezzing my guild mates when I was able to (if I did not die because I fell off the things).

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Babytater.6803

Babytater.6803

I love HoT!!! Everything is awesome! The Guild Hallow and guild upgrades are awesome, same with the new fractal system, crafting materials, story (amazing), maps (beautiful/great events), elite specs, masteries. So much fun!!! I really want to thank you guys at Anet for making this game and allowing me to have so much fun with it. Everyone in my guild (FoC on NSP) loves HoT as well!

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

It has certainly been a rollercoaster of emotion for me:
I was a little discouraged from the 400 HP initial roll-out, mostly because I figured my alts would never see the day, but plowed through it anyhow and got my Reaper with that restriction.

The change happened… got my Herald and half my Druid so I was happy again.

Saw the recipe for Nightfury and cried a little on the inside.

When I got my Fire Wyvryn and completed my Daenerys cosplay, I cried again… tears of joy, this time.

Now I cannot seem to stop myself from playing enough to eat, sleep, do homework, or work on my writing… I am not sure if this is good or bad… take it as you will.

Regardless, I also thank you guys for doing a splendid job with the expansion. I accept fixes will be made but as long as I can run around in these massive new maps doing events with people, it is great fun.

Oh, and the inventor of the Ley-Line Run adventure needs a hug for brilliance. I spent an hour there once… I never got tired of failing, just started over and kept on with it. I swear I will get or beat those 34 seconds some day™!

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Pyro.7640

Pyro.7640

I don’t give props often and I don’t post too much on the forums (99% of the time I’m just here to read), but:

I’m really loving this expansion. At first I was very skeptical and overwhelmed. After getting my elite specialization going and traveling around VB, I am totally enjoying this. The art department and the team who created this map should get some major props. I am dumbfounded on how they created this three dimensional space, made it work, and made it flow together with such detail. Even if I’m not doing the story or an event, I just like walking around it to see what I can find.

The mastery system is growing on me, and it doesn’t feel like a grind…but that’s because I’m just having a blast finding events and just discovering the map. The mastery’s themselves add another dimension to the game that I felt might have been missing before (although I did love vanilla GW2 also). The gliding mechanic is just so cool….plus it’s useful when you get into trouble in a fight and need a quick escape :-p

So, well done ANET. I thought I was crazy for dropping the cash for the ultimate edition for an expansion pack (you guys are the ONLY company I have ever pre-ordered anything from after my time in GW1), but my purchase has been justified this week.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

love the xpac just wanted to pop in and add my thanks very much for all the hard work the team did and continue to do on HoT. I have been to all the new maps and through most of the story and still feel like there is plenty to do.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Metricos.5617

Metricos.5617

I just finished Hearts and Minds and I have to say, I couldn’t be more pleased. I can not wait to see what you all come up with next.

Off to explore and probably fall to my death seventy more times. <3

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Dimi Gravedancer.1463

Dimi Gravedancer.1463

Only one tiny complaint.

HoT has made me unrealistically confident of my ability to survive falling damage.

Item Suggestion: Emergency Puddle! Summons a puddle of water. Activates if character would take lethal falling damage. 60 minute cool down.

I completely feel that pain. However I do really like the idea of Emergency Puddle!!!

I Can outrun a Centaur!!! Crap TREE!!!!

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Kiba.9743

Kiba.9743

I am a solo player and I have to say I am enjoying myself very much. The maps are beautiful and one of my favorite things about this expansion is the music alone. I haven’t done a whole lot of the content and heavy events yet and I don’t yet fully understand how the events tie together, but I will. I spend the majority of my time exploring and it feels like a battle of wits between me and the map when I am trying to figure out "How do I get up there…?” And usually having to start from an extremely far off point on the map since I only have the basic gliding. Great job, you really put a lot of heart and soul in this expansion.

“Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow”

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: sine.9310

sine.9310

100% agree. I was skeptical at first because of the whole 400hp thing, but I caved and upgraded to HoT once the elite specs were brought to 250hp. been having a blast exploring all the new areas. I played gw1 since launch along with all of the expansions and this one has to be my favourite so far, content feels meaningful, gliding around is bad kitten , and playing as a reaper feels nothing like anything else I’ve played before necromancer is such a fun class now, legit feels like you’re playing as a boss.

I’ve still got a long ways to go in the personal story as I’m trying to do the map completions too. The detail added is awesome, including the challenges for achievements within the personal story chapters, and the collection to create an ascended wep for the elite class. 10/10 job fellas, way surpassed my expectations.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Even though I’ve been extremely disappointed with the direction ranger has gone and how linear/boring the Druid is (a long with the fact it feels like an entirely new class that didn’t build upon the current ranger class mechanic), I’m in love with HoT. It’s super duper fun and well worth the wait and money.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

While I think some things need some adjustment, the overall Heart of Thorns package is magnificent, and I’m really impressed by how well everything has come together.

It’s clear everyone at ArenaNet has worked very, very hard to make this happen, and they have every reason to be proud of the delicious (if somewhat thorny) fruits of their tireless efforts.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Zeloheim.1374

Zeloheim.1374

So glad that you’re enjoying yourself. Sure, there are things we’re working on — as you can see from the game build records — but it’s always nice to hear someone say things are going well, and I will be sure to share that “GG” with the team.

any news on when someone can peek at the warrior sub and post a response to warrior concerns? just to acknowledge warriors please

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Ronorra.1530

Ronorra.1530

Magnificient is the last word I would use to classify HoT thanks to all the `care` Anet has poured into the Ranger/Druid class. More like utterly disappointing. I cannot remember any expansion of an MMO turning me off so fast. Might want to take a peek at the ranger forum to sober up a bit.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

So far I enjoy it. And I can see a lot hard work behind all these. Good job.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: MLinni.6109

MLinni.6109

Indeed, I’ve always loved exploring the world you have provided for us.
HoT has a TON of new mechanics, movement, new classes, innovative new story missions.
I’m loving every moment of it. Thanks for reducing the requirements for the elite specializations a bit so I can finally play them at least with my world completion characters

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Thank you. I love everything so much! Nothing will ever get me from my Herald and Reaper now. I just can’t wait for release of new legendaries and raids.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: bromi.7809

bromi.7809

Now this is a thread i could support. Please, please leave HOT content as it is. Its finally a GAME, you can’t feel god in the game without cheats, and MMOs are not about cheats, they are about community.

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

Really enjoying it so far! Much more than expected. The difficulty is awesome, the masteries are fun and I’m not sure what to focus on because it feels like there’s so much to do now. Keep it up

Thanks, this is awesome

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

at last gameplay is interesting and most champion encounters are fun no more autoattacking

action combat made mmos better lol