Thanks to everyone who clarified for me!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DoAyari.2719

DoAyari.2719

The price isn’t really the problem. As far as I see it’s a normal expansion price. But I don’t want another account. I have no use for it.

Also, would the expansion actually work as an upgrade? Or will I have to start over again because of that new account? Will it ever be sold without the extra game?

Edit: Ight, we don’t get another account, it works as an upgrade, and it’s a single serial.

(edited by DoAyari.2719)

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

It will work as an upgrade, i know ppl that have already bought the exp

M I L K B O I S

Posted by: DoAyari.2719

DoAyari.2719

Alright, thanks dude. Do you know if it’s two separate serials or just one?

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

From what I hear, you can either treat it as a new account or as an upgrade.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I think if you already have an account you will not be able to make a new one with the expac once you use the key and you have an existing account you will not get another. People are freaking out over nothing. The marketing scheme is to intise new players I think they made a big marketing blunder wording it the way they did but the price point is inline with most of today’s gaming expansion so we need to relax

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

You will not get another account. It has even been stated. Ex: If you buy the expansion in-game. The next time you log in. The upgrade will apply to your existing account. When HOT arrives you will have the expansion on the account. As far as separate expansion for gw2. We’ll have to see if Anet jumped the gun too quickly. Seeing how this is a backfire to 3yr veteran players like myself and a lot others…

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!