The Bifrost III : a Freakin Crystal !

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Pistol Joe.3741

Pistol Joe.3741

It is Impossible To Get the Shatterer Crystal because of all the blinds and the zergs .
i just finished my 29th kill … NOTHING !
i did not see it happen once , this is BS !

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !

J Ö E

Beer Belly Joe – SoS NA

(edited by Pistol Joe.3741)

Posted by: meowzibub.7451

meowzibub.7451

my god thank you, i have been upset about this all night because it is literally impossible to get the crystal and its ridiculous and i’m sick of it. either nerf it, make him immune to blind, or just give it to me because i’m getting fed up.

Posted by: Konstantine.1906

Konstantine.1906

Hey guys, here is your non-RNG way to acquire The Legend. Just invest 800 gold in this collection, and then after you’ve done that, now you just need to do this one thing that requires a couple low probability things to happen, the boss has to hit through a blind (20%), then you have to get hit out of hundreds of players and summons (less than 1%). And you can only try it 1, maybe 2 times every 3 hours.

How is that different than throwing rares into the mystic forge for a ~20% chance for an exotic and then a subsequent less than 1% chance at the precursor?

I guess its different because you can do the mystic toilet more than 2 times in 3 hours…

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

That’s nothing. Over two or three years now and still stuck at 2/5 for freeing prisoners in those crystals. . . .

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Joe, I saw you there and saw you say that was your 28th time in /m. I was there for the 6th time myself, and highly discouraged to see that you had tried so many times.

I don’t mind a few times, but unlike, say, VW for RNG armor, which occurs more frequently, it’s a PITA to hit up Shatt much more seldom and not get the item.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

That’s nothing. Over two or three years now and still stuck at 2/5 for freeing prisoners in those crystals. . . .

Haha you did better than me. I am at 1 after 3+ years.

ANET remove RNG from crafting. This game is not called AION.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Impossible…makes it legendary

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: LifeIsSimple.2378

LifeIsSimple.2378

Related with the topic, i couldnt find ley-line energy spot to charge Jade Maw Lens in Dry Top for Bifrost 3 collection.

Anybody have idea?
… Good luck all of us in Shatterer…

Posted by: Akyl.8647

Akyl.8647

Related with the topic, i couldnt find ley-line energy spot to charge Jade Maw Lens in Dry Top for Bifrost 3 collection.

Anybody have idea?
… Good luck all of us in Shatterer…

You remember where Taimi was conducting research in Leyline magic. right on the north side of the story part there is kitten with leyline energy coming out of it just keep pressing the lens to figure out which hole. You still have to climb up to get it.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

But i got that boss crystal achi! Guess that makes me the other 1%ers. If you work hard, you can get it too!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It is Impossible To Get the Shatterer Crystal because of all the blinds and the zergs .
i just finished my 29th kill … NOTHING !
i did not see it happen once , this is BS !

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !

J Ö E

Easiest solution…make world bosses immune to blind.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: murakami.6741

murakami.6741

There was a comment made on Reddit here suggesting that this requirement would be reviewed, but I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens…

I have all the gifts required to finish The Bifrost, and this is the last step I need… To get so far and then face this does feel like a slap in the face after an otherwise engaging journey :c

(edited by murakami.6741)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Ok, I had worries about doing the crystal breaking achievement for a long time, but I’ve got a possible solution to you. Place you character on the appropriate map, log out, and log in when or slightly after the event should start… deliberately place yourself on a overflow map. I’ve been put on maps that only had 4-5 people facing the Shatterer and guess what? Crystals. More than once.

You basically need to do it wrong on purpose.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

I know there are people up here that have been at this a lot longer, but my hubby and I tried to get this one every day for over a year and no luck. He continued through my year long break, too. I’m at 1/5.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

How many people are on the map with you when you fail? Because with 5-8 it seems to happen a LOT. Really, if you get a full or organized map, just log out and back in. You’ll end up in some desolate hellhole overflow that should be MUCH easier to progress on.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Darkwvlf.9018

Darkwvlf.9018

Have you tried standing between his legs? Back when the trait overall patch happened and they made world bosses crittable there was only certain hit boxes that were able to be crit. On Shatterer it was underneath him. The melee zerg would stack there to crit Shatterer and I swear I got crystaled almost every time I did him.

Finished the achievement right quick during that time as well.

It’s worth a shot.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Have you guys tried destroying the crystals he spawns to regenerate?
do they count?

Posted by: Akyl.8647

Akyl.8647

Have you guys tried destroying the crystals he spawns to regenerate?
do they count?

Nope.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Do you guys actually think something like this is going to even rate a response or action? The CIA has better public communication skills than Anet does.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Do you guys actually think something like this is going to even rate a response or action? The CIA has better public communication skills than Anet does.

They responded. ON REDDIT.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Mesona.5293

Mesona.5293

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know there’s a fairly easy way to get this achievement. Wait outside of the one Shatterer spawns in until 8 minutes past its start. Then waypoint in. You’ll probably have to do the pre yourself, but 8 minutes past is generally a good time to enter. Most people have already begun the event in other maps, and newcomers see a dead map and leave. I think my map yesterday (when I got the achievement, and finished my bifrost after almost 2 years) had 20 people, two of which were guildies trying as well.

We had three crystal phases through the fight, I got crystallized (twice even), and still managed to kill the dragon and get the reward (for other people, that was my third attempt of the day).

And since most people don’t actually know the mechanics of the fight, you can avoid destroying his regeneration crystals with that low of a player population, allowing him to heal. That might give you 1-2 additional crystal phases.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Things not to do:
- Design rewards that require the player to lose.
- Put heavy RNG barriers on challenges that are already long and complex.
- Make money a legit way to get what should be skill and dedication goals.
- Transform fun, hard and full of content treasure hunts in grind fests.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

I have 5/5 and have for quite some time .. Used my Ranger, stood on the rock, and used my 5 skill on longbow to break out prisoners and it worked. Not sure if you have done this or you have a Ranger to try it but worked for me.

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

This is still an issue, as long as anyone is spamming their blinds there’s no crystals at all. Even in a couple of zones i’ve tried with 30 or less people it’s not a possible achievement.

This is a 100% RNG update based on luck which is what I thought the original idea behind “earning” your precursor was going to prevent.

But once again I’ll point out the obvious fact that Anet doesn’t seem to respond to any concerns lately unless they involve access to the gemstore in some fashion.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Buffalo Bruiser.3567

Buffalo Bruiser.3567

Related to this topic, where do you get the Golem’s Light?