The Biggest Concern about HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Leonhardt.8164

Leonhardt.8164

I totally understand both ends of the argument, one end being the whole paywall feeling, and the other end that the product is actually worth the paywall
here are my two cent’s I hope to god it isnt just a big living world update, but at the same time you have to understand that this game isnt subscription based, besides the expansion, before and after you will be paying NOTHING, big deal if you have to buy the expansion, mmo’s have been doing that for years, WoW makes their subscribers pay for their expansions, why wouldnt Anet? in the end were lucky we arent paying a subscription, just be happy we are even getting anything at all
ungrateful kids

Posted by: Xanthin.2814

Xanthin.2814

I am glad to hear that people that are negative about everything so far will not be buying the xpac, and i dont have to play or see this crap on the forums. Please stop calling tuesdays stress test a beta. Its a stresd test. Not a beta. The amouu
nt of content we see so far is well worth the avg cost of an xpac.

It seems you want something for nothing, and your expecting an expansions content to rival that of the origional game but cost less?

Regards, another white knight, if you dont like it dont play, or buy it. Simple as that.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

just for a comparison let’s have a look at the 3.0 expansion in Rift
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/patch-notes/442490-rift-3-0-nightmare-tide-7-00am-pdt-10-22-14-na-2-00pm-gmt-10-22-14-eu.html

and it was totally for FREE

and now look at the amount of content of HoT with the knowledge that it will be NOT for FREE

so…seriously…why do ppl even have to pay for this HoT when other companies can do bigger expansions for free?

maybe we should wait till release and talk about quality instead of quantity later on … when i read “level cap increase to 65” i just want to puke ^^ but we cant judge anything of HoT atm so a comparison is not useful till we know everything about it.

RIFT is a great example of a developer putting forth serious effort to satisfy their playerbase. And having played through Nightmare Tide the quality was there.

I believe Heart of Thorns will come up short of satisfying the playerbase because of the paywall. Many of the announced features were backlog additions to the core game or sorely missed features from GW1. Precursor crafting? New legendaries? Guild halls? How many of these “new” features received development time long before an expansion was decided? How much of it sat in developmental hell while upper management changed directions? HoT may go down as one of the thinnest expansions to be released by a AAA developer.

GW2 lost a lot of players during the two year stretch of thin LS releases. The price of HoT has to be really fair.

(edited by Vix.6730)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Because they change the way additions are coming to you instead for free you need to pay for the whole lot you are getting in the future. (It’s basically buy to play x2)

…and we are supposed to be happy about this change to the content delivery method?

…give Anet praise?

How can you almost reiterate the exact point I’m trying to make, state it as fact, but when I express my opinions/concerns about said point, you pretend like what I am saying is invalid and doesn’t make sense?

I wouldn’t say your point that you need to pay for something makes you unhappy is invalid. I can absolutely understand that it’s a disappointment that for some of these features that have been promised for a long time now are part of a paid expansion. But its not entirely surprising, unexpected or otherwise a wrong thing to do by any company. IT IS in fact content you want to see in the game.

Also, because previously they have been very ambitious with telling what they want to make for the game, it might be worth noting that they currently are being very careful with what they are telling. We literally know the base core features but not any details nor anything beyond that. I think they realise it’s a mistake to come out with promises, as some of us will not realise that when creating something not all the plans will immediately come to fruition or in the time frame they set out to be. (not something I like either, but it is a sad fact)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Because they change the way additions are coming to you instead for free you need to pay for the whole lot you are getting in the future. (It’s basically buy to play x2)

…and we are supposed to be happy about this change to the content delivery method?

…give Anet praise?

How can you almost reiterate the exact point I’m trying to make, state it as fact, but when I express my opinions/concerns about said point, you pretend like what I am saying is invalid and doesn’t make sense?

I wouldn’t say your point that you need to pay for something makes you unhappy is invalid. I can absolutely understand that it’s a disappointment that for some of these features that have been promised for a long time now are part of a paid expansion. But its not entirely surprising, unexpected or otherwise a wrong thing to do by any company. IT IS in fact content you want to see in the game.

Also, because previously they have been very ambitious with telling what they want to make for the game, it might be worth noting that they currently are being very careful with what they are telling. We literally know the base core features but not any details nor anything beyond that. I think they realise it’s a mistake to come out with promises, as some of us will not realise that when creating something not all the plans will immediately come to fruition or in the time frame they set out to be. (not something I like either, but it is a sad fact)

I would have no problem paying for an expansion, and would have totally looked forward to it, if they had simply continued to give us living story in the meantime.

I dnever expected the expansion to be free, and I 100% have been sitting and waiting with my wallet to buy the expansion….. but like I said, If I’m going to pay for additional content, I’m going to be extremely disappointed if it turns out to just be a bunch of dammed up Living Story releases.

I’m one of the people who have been playing GW1 since launch…. and I’ve been dying for a huge content release in the form on an expansion for GW2, just because I have nothing to do.

There is a serious lack of content for GW2 and cutting off Living Story to pave the way for the xpac is not what myself or anyone has asked for.

If Anet delivered Xpacs instead of Living Story releases from the start, we probably would have had an expansion every year, Like we did with Gw1.

I’ve been starving for content for so long, and the LS just doesn’t cut it.

An expansion is what this game truly needs…..
…but turning off the Living Story in the meantime is not what it needs.

…and withholding new content releases, then giving those same releases to us in a bundle with a price tag is not an expansion…. its a joke.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Posted by: Vorender.2187

Vorender.2187

That the zerk or die mentality will continue to rule the game, due to design, after HoT releases. It’s really my ONLY concern.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

If Anet delivered Xpacs instead of Living Story releases from the start, we probably would have had an expansion every year, Like we did with Gw1.

I’ve been starving for content for so long, and the LS just doesn’t cut it.

An expansion is what this game truly needs…..
…but turning off the Living Story in the meantime is not what it needs.

…and withholding new content releases, then giving those same releases to us in a bundle with a price tag is not an expansion…. its a joke.

Agree. The Living Story was released as filler content until something meatier came about. See Winds of Change as a perfect example of storyline content designed to bridge larger content.

For a long while we bought into the Living Story. We forgave Anet as they retooled the medium to better suit the players, but the quantity never increased above an hour or so of content per release. This was simply never enough to keep the players engaged, and thus we had barren cities.

Following the announcement of Heart of Thorns the best thing Anet could have done was continue with the Living Story. This particular method of content would have been well-received and kept interests high while HoT wraps up production. Instead we get to see another period of staleness. Another lull in the game, and more questions as to why Anet continues down this unorthodox path.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I totally understand both ends of the argument, one end being the whole paywall feeling, and the other end that the product is actually worth the paywall
here are my two cent’s I hope to god it isnt just a big living world update, but at the same time you have to understand that this game isnt subscription based, besides the expansion, before and after you will be paying NOTHING, big deal if you have to buy the expansion, mmo’s have been doing that for years, WoW makes their subscribers pay for their expansions, why wouldnt Anet? in the end were lucky we arent paying a subscription, just be happy we are even getting anything at all
ungrateful kids

^This.

If you’re complaining about buying the expansion. Remember
You could have been spending 15$ monthly.

Be grateful we are even getting new content to play.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: Hammurabi.5942

Hammurabi.5942

ungrateful kids

^This.

Yep and like I said earlier WoW usually has a content gap of 12 months between their last update and their expansion… 12 months of paying a sub for no new content.

The river of tears from the ultra-entitled GW2 community is astounding in comparison.

+1’d

(edited by Hammurabi.5942)

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Yes, but look at how much content they do get when an expansion is released!

Also the monthly sub also allows improving the game, servers etc.

Of course I would not recommend a sub structure now, many would not pay especially due to the anet’s history with this game.

A good game makes people play more, and spend more, even if it is free to play.
GW2 is more of a mediocre game, anet have not improved it much, taking forever to release fixes, ignoring a third of the game and player-base.

Basically you get what you pay for, and you are paid for what you give. If anet want more revenue, they need to do better, listen to the community and be more productive with better content which most do not find boring.

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

So let me get this straight. You know all of the zones/maps to be released. You know the exact number of story instances and dynamic events throughout the maps, which according to you is very few (when even the small portion shown in the demo contradicts this). And you believe adding the mastery system and a new weapon class for each profession on top of a new class is some small little 4-8 week endeavor?

You and all of the other people claiming this is some tiny little expansion for some crazy amount of money are making incredibly rash judgments. To be frank you, myself, or anyone else has not the slightest Idea of how much content is actually going to be released, nor the price. Until an official statement is made about the content, people need to stop making such outlandish statements about the quantity of content when they have no insight on the actual amount and or process behind it.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

^This.

It’s funny what you say because when someone brings the fact that other games have tons of content in their expansions, you people say gw2 is not like other games. But then you compare it to sub games. Mind blown.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

That the zerk or die mentality will continue to rule the game, due to design, after HoT releases. It’s really my ONLY concern.

my only concern is that people like you will never understand that there is the option to make your own groups, with your own rules, own gear, own playstyle and thus anet will keep delivering ez mode content.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yes, but look at how much content they do get when an expansion is released!

Also the monthly sub also allows improving the game, servers etc.

Of course I would not recommend a sub structure now, many would not pay especially due to the anet’s history with this game.

A good game makes people play more, and spend more, even if it is free to play.
GW2 is more of a mediocre game, anet have not improved it much, taking forever to release fixes, ignoring a third of the game and player-base.

Basically you get what you pay for, and you are paid for what you give. If anet want more revenue, they need to do better, listen to the community and be more productive with better content which most do not find boring.

But they charge you for the expansion as well as the $15 a month. By the time that expansion comes around, you’ve paid $200 for it. That’s at least a year at $15 a month and $50ish for the expansion.

And then you say look at how much comes out. Really, how much?

Because I know people that played the new expansion for WoW for 2-3 months and they were done with it.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

^This.

It’s funny what you say because when someone brings the fact that other games have tons of content in their expansions, you people say gw2 is not like other games. But then you compare it to sub games. Mind blown.

Actually the comparison again is only to emphasis that GW2 is not like other games.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

ungrateful kids

^This.

Yep and like I said earlier WoW usually has a content gap of 12 months between their last update and their expansion… 12 months of paying a sub for no new content.

The river of tears from the ultra-entitled GW2 community is astounding in comparison.

+1’d

That is not even remotely true… but if it makes you feel better about GW2 I guess you can go on believing that…

I agree with you on your second part, but the first part I disagree

A real expansion is NOT just a bunch of LS bundled together. A real expansion has 10-12 dungeons, 2-3 raids, new activities, new races, new classes, new skills, new features, new stories and new zones. The LS component SHOULD just be a small part of a full expansion. THAT is what people have been asking for.

So far there is not enough information to state for certain which way this “expansion” will go, but based on all their qualifiers, and “this will come after the launch of the expansion” talk I can understand peoples apprehensions.

Well since we don’t know what all we’re going to be getting yet, I think it’s a bit early to assume that all we’re getting is LS,… I hope.

Also, not to mention that I don’t know of any expansion that added 12 dungeons and 3 raids, that’s crazy! What game did you play that added that many?! I think 2-5 dungeons and 1-2 raids and a handful of zones is more the average amount of content that is released in expansions in the MMO’s I’ve played in.

I think 12 dungeons and 3 raids is not at all a realistic expectation. I’d love to know what MMO has done that and how much time there was between expansions for that to happen. That sounds like at least 3-5 years worth of design work.

WoW has added that with every single expansion. 8-10 dungeons, with an equal number of hard modes, the hard modes having significantly different mechanics. They also usually add more than 3 raids. See:

http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Cataclysm
http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_The_Burning_Crusade
http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Wrath_of_the_Lich_King

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

WoW has added that with every single expansion. 8-10 dungeons, with an equal number of hard modes, the hard modes having significantly different mechanics. They also usually add more than 3 raids. See:

Yes, but not in one go they spread it out over several releases within an expansion, spanning two or so years. If people are expecting to find that much the second the expansion comes out then they are probably going to be disappointed. Maybe in time they’ll add that much but we’ll see. I just made a point of that in case some people actually expected that much content on release.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Warlords seen 7 new dungeons and 2 raids. No new race, No new class. So it would seem that Zudets numbers are slightly off. Not by much mind you.

I did a video on this but lets compare for fun.

1: 7 Dungeons and 2 Raids —We aren’t getting these, although we don’t know what challenging group content is and in my opinion Fractals is the future not dungeons.

2: No new Race, No new Class —No Race, but we are getting Rev

3: 7 new PVE zones (maps) — 1 new Region we have no idea how many maps that will hold, 3-4? with 3 levels each. Hard to compare playing space at this time as that is what really matters.

4: 1 world PVP zone. — We are getting a new borderland map with new mechanics.

5: Level cap +10 — Zero and that is a good thing in my opinion.

6: New scenarios, bosses, challenge modes — Adventures, bosses, challenging content (need more info but it certainly sounds the same)

7: Tweeked questing system with 100 of new quests — We are getting tweeked dynamic events, with a load of new ones, along with outposts

8: New talents and abilities — Same here, we are getting specializations with new abilities and possibly traits?

9: Garrisons — Guild Halls

10: Updated characters models — It’s already clear that there are upgraded visual effects in this expansion, look at fire, the lava in the new wvw map, spell effects, etc.

11: New story — Same here, we are getting a new story where our character talks

I am sure I missed things. My apologies. I did not even talk about the Mastery system, Gliding, New Legendary weapons and the scavenger hunt along with it. New sPVP mode, new species to interact with, new collections and scavenger type hunts. The list goes on.

Is it a shame that LS has stopped while they finish up work on the expansion? Sure it is. Resources only go so far. I know you don’t want to hear that, but I imagine that is a large part as to why it’s currently stopped.

The argument of the OP is that, this expansion is simply wrapped up LS content and is now being sold to us when we were getting it for free. But it is so much more than that. It’s a shame that you aren’t seeing it as such.

Posted by: Ravious.4269

Ravious.4269

Yes, but not in one go they spread it out over several releases within an expansion, spanning two or so years. If people are expecting to find that much the second the expansion comes out then they are probably going to be disappointed. Maybe in time they’ll add that much but we’ll see. I just made a point of that in case some people actually expected that much content on release.

I think this is very important. If ArenaNet doesn’t have some sort of Living World post-xpac launch updates, I would be surprised. My feeling is that the xpac is going to be part content drop, part “season pass”.

Still comparing an entire WoW xpac season to the HoT content drop isn’t an accurate comparison.

Kill Ten Rats – an MMO blog

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

3: 7 new PVE zones (maps) — 1 new Region we have no idea how many maps that will hold, 3-4? with 3 levels each. Hard to compare playing space at this time as that is what really matters.

I’d factor in replayability in the space. SW is not nearly as big as any of the WoD zones but you can keep playing in it. In WoD you might have archeology or pet battles or daily garrison missions to do, but the dedicated zone content is pretty much play once per alt, done.

I believe ANet has expressed the wish to give us quality content that we can replay for continued enjoyment and rewards. How well they’ll execute that remains to be seen, but a simply square footage comparison is probably not the best measurement.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Warlords seen 7 new dungeons and 2 raids. No new race, No new class. So it would seem that Zudets numbers are slightly off. Not by much mind you.

1: 7 Dungeons and 2 Raids —We aren’t getting these, although we don’t know what challenging group content is and in my opinion Fractals is the future not dungeons.

2: No new Race, No new Class —No Race, but we are getting Rev

4: 1 world PVP zone. — We are getting a new borderland map with new mechanics.

6: New scenarios, bosses, challenge modes — Adventures, bosses, challenging content (need more info but it certainly sounds the same)

7: Tweeked questing system with 100 of new quests — We are getting tweeked dynamic events, with a load of new ones, along with outposts

8: New talents and abilities — Same here, we are getting specializations with new abilities and possibly traits?

9: Garrisons — Guild Halls

10: Updated characters models — It’s already clear that there are upgraded visual effects in this expansion, look at fire, the lava in the new wvw map, spell effects, etc.

11: New story — Same here, we are getting a new story where our character talks

I am sure I missed things. My apologies. I did not even talk about the Mastery system, Gliding, New Legendary weapons and the scavenger hunt along with it. New sPVP mode, new species to interact with, new collections and scavenger type hunts. The list goes on.

Is it a shame that LS has stopped while they finish up work on the expansion? Sure it is. Resources only go so far. I know you don’t want to hear that, but I imagine that is a large part as to why it’s currently stopped.

The argument of the OP is that, this expansion is simply wrapped up LS content and is now being sold to us when we were getting it for free. But it is so much more than that. It’s a shame that you aren’t seeing it as such.

Yeah I stopped playing WoW after cata, it seems their most recent expansions have been smaller, though I heard that starting with this one they are doing yearly expansions, which would up the overall amount of content but spread it out more. I’m hoping this is similar to the path that GW2 is going to start taking.

I would much rather get a HoT style expansion with LS updates every year then one massive expansion every 2 years. But unfortunately the time to this first one is what is most troubling. 3 years in and it seems to be a slightly small expansion. If this had come a year ago I think people would be much more pleased and much less worrying.

It is the size of the expansion combined with the pace of release that matters.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I would cite masteries with this bullet point, as they specifically talked about that being their progression model moving forward.

Compared to WOD, in terms of pure features, it seems like HOT will measure up quite well – probably exceeding that game’s expansion in content and playable time (and, just as important, replayability).

Of course, we wont know until we see the scope of each feature they’ve listed.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Going to be a long post. I apologize.

“I would much rather get a HoT style expansion with LS updates every year then one massive expansion every 2 years. But unfortunately the time to this first one is what is most troubling. 3 years in and it seems to be a slightly small expansion. If this had come a year ago I think people would be much more pleased and much less worrying.”

I certainly understand this feeling and perception. We know from interviews with Arena Net devs that one of the reasons it took as long as it has, is because they really tried to make the Living World work without having to do these more classical expansions. Sadly there were things that didn’t work out as planned, and now we are getting expansions mixed with LS content between. Anet has never shied away from doing it “their way”. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Just as an example and in no way relates actual truth: Anet tried to make LW work for a year. Its a bit rough but they learn a TON on how to make this work as a LS. However, we are now a full year into the life of the game and players as asking for an expansion.

Anet goes to work; they refine their LS teams, they streamline much of the games features, Launch in China, and continue to push out a better LS S2. At some point they start to work on HoT, and once China has launched they have more resources to focus on it. While HoT may or may not have been in development for two years (probably a little over a year), it’s taken this long to do what they have currently done.

They are a better, faster, well managed and streamlined company. Sure they have been around for a while and were already a darned good company. But with new systems, a new MMO, new tools constantly, it’s an ever evolving thing. They have “X” number of resources, and have gotten better at utilizing those resources. This is just my opinion and perception of how they have changed since launch.

“It is the size of the expansion combined with the pace of release that matters.”

You are absolutely right Zudat. Pacing is as important as size. Perhaps the pacing could have been better, but I think we’ll be ok size wise. Sure some players will be unhappy but that always happens with every MMO and every expansion / game release.

Not only are we now in a good spot, but I think we are now set up for very good pacing. Time will only tell on that front. But with all that has happened and has changed since the launch of GW2 I am confident.

Donari:
“I’d factor in replayability in the space. SW is not nearly as big as any of the WoD zones but you can keep playing in it. In WoD you might have archeology or pet battles or daily garrison missions to do, but the dedicated zone content is pretty much play once per alt, done.”

This is a very important point. Not just in WOW but for many games / MMO this is a huge problem. You level through a zone and almost never return. I think we’ve started to see this shift in GW2. I hope that it continues. Map rewards will aide in this as well.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

People, this isn’t Rift, Not WoW, not any other MMO, this is GW2.

Saying well this MMO did it like this is nice. Fact is Gw2 did quite well, still some people want GW2 to be WoW or Rift or something else… and I’ll be brief.

It isn’t.

I’m very happy with Gw2, and I’ll see what HoT brings.

Untill then I have no opinion. people see revenant which is unfinihed and start shouting OP, OP, they see a fragment in a stress test focussed on 1 World Boss and shout is this everything. They see 1 shard of the LS and they say well if it’s LS I’m not goint to buy it…

Grow up, speculate, and dream, make an opinion, but before you can make conclusions you need facts. only facts are there will be a proffesion, will be guild halls, will be masteries, will be precursor scavenger hunt, will be a new WvW map.

All the rest is pure speculation. It hasn’t been belanced yet, half the traits for revenant is unknown, all specilisations are unknown, new dungeons? unknown, map area unknown, yes: 3 layers. but that’s only a start. The Rest is UNKNOWN. Even the new condition system is UNKNOWN! they are working on it, but how it willl function is not set in stone. no release date… Just a name,…

How can anybody say stuff is underwhelming if you do not know what you are gonna get? Or OP or underpowered, or to big, to small or anything, if you do not have a clue?

You know all things you got from your WoW expansion, I also noticed a lot of new people appearend in LA, so my guess is they found it underwhelming. But who cares.

It is not Gw2…

Just wait. I want Vekk’s lair, see M.O.X. again… That old rustbucket must wander the world somewhere still…. But even though it would be the right area, it is still pure speculation…. though it would be nice, but in the end:

UNKNOWN.

Oh and Blizzard has it’s 5-10M player base, paying 25 euro’s 2 months even if only 1M ppl would be active it’s 25M $‘s per 2 months… that’s quite some cash… especially when it’s running 10 years now.

If you pay your gems by flipping you should wonder why it is taking so long. even though Gw2 sold ~5 M copies the buyers just paid 10-75 euro…. and played ever since for the past 2 years 7 months….. It will take 5 more months before we are at 3 years, maybe we will get the expansion before it. But its

UNKNOWN

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

Biggest concern is that they don’t fix hobosacks.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

…give Anet praise?

cool, so you can post overused Picard facepalm memes. Great. Unfortunately, that does not change how you are one of the most oblivious posters I have seen even around here.

Your major misconceptions:

a) expansion: there is no determined definition for things entailed in an expansion. Yes, maybe “they throw a few LS episodes together” – or rather, they withdrew manpower from LS to create the expansion. So what? Who defines this does not qualify as an expansion? You? If they just created the revenant class, a few skills and gave a character slot on top, they could call it an expansion. You know why? Because there is no reliable, generally accepted definition for this word and you are certainly not the one going to define it here. What, other companies do it differently with their games? Well, tough luck you are playing GW2 then instead of those I should say.

b) feeling swindled out of LS episodes: To make it really, really clear for you – Anet does not owe you anything in this regard. They gave you the LS for free. Of cause, not because they like you so much. They did it for business reasons, to keep players interested in playing and meanwhile spending money in the store. They can choose to stop giving you this free content. You are in no way entitled to it. Can you show me a legally binding promise of free, constant LS updates being part of your GW2 purchase? I guess not. You may whine and bawl, but again, you are not entitled to your free LS updates. Anet could design and develop them, then delete them permanently right in front of your misty eyes if they chose to do so.

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

We don’t know what we’re even getting in full yet.

Until we do, there really isn’t a point to get worked up.

Get Zen and when they release a list of what IS going to be in the expansion, then we can yell both ways some more (which I will be doing as well depending on how the Druid class mechanic’s pet acts >_> )

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

Don’t argue with people on these forums. Very little criticism of Arena Net or Guild Wars is met with anything but scorn here, regardless of how valid or invalid it is. It’s kinda like when people criticized Notch for being lazy and deciding not to do things in Minecraft. People just jumped in yelling about how good of a person Notch was for making the game.

Sooooo, don’t waste your time. Post what you think, let Arena Net read it, likely ignore it, and then move on. These forums are silly. Remember when people were asking for a toggle for the airplane mode? Yeah.

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I think the beta was just a teaser not a true beta.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

Don’t argue with people on these forums. Very little criticism of Arena Net or Guild Wars is met with anything but scorn here, regardless of how valid or invalid it is. It’s kinda like when people criticized Notch for being lazy and deciding not to do things in Minecraft. People just jumped in yelling about how good of a person Notch was for making the game.

Sooooo, don’t waste your time. Post what you think, let Arena Net read it, likely ignore it, and then move on. These forums are silly. Remember when people were asking for a toggle for the airplane mode? Yeah.

Why do you post here, or even frequent this forum, if you think they’re so ineffectual and “silly”? What does any of this have to do with the topic? I have posted here previously and will say again that the OP is making pessimistic assumptions and engaging in hyperbole. I fail to see how people who support Anet, are patient with them, and appreciate the work they do are somehow automatons “jumping and yelling” praise. I am interested in and will certainly discuss valid concerns based on actual issues. I have zero interest in the musings of an embittered, reactionary try-hard who can’t get their head around the fact that their opinion is not the be all and the end all.

If everyone would take a moment to see Figure 1 (listed above), you will see an excellent example of what I discussed.