The Juggernaut's projectile effect.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

Hello,
After Stress Test and getting to play Revenant a little me and many other players spotted that skill 1 on hammer is not replaced by Juggernaut’s model or any effect. After taking a while to test it out in current game’s version I found the cause of it.

Using a warrior with equipped Juggernaut and getting downed in pvp match by a friend who was ranged I started to basically throw stones at him, as opposed to Predator or legendary Greatswords, The Juggernaut does not change projectile effect at all, so there is the cause for missing effect for Revenant.

Warriors and Guardians up to this point didnt had any projectile skills on hammers so this was basically overlooked in design, I would like to point it out.

I’m sure it’s not too much of work to just add this effect to The Juggernaut and have it out of head before HoT kicks in.

Thanks in advance.

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I really wish they’d let weapon skins alter the thrown projectiles of every weapon. As someone who has little interest in legendaries, it makes me a tad jealous that people with say, Frostfang, can go around on their Ranger throwing awesome ice axes while my Dreamthistle Axe and Dragon’s Jade axe just turn into generic hatchets when thrown. I know legendaries are special and supposed to be extra flashy and impressive, but something as simple as making your thrown weapon actually match your equipped weapon skin isn’t something that should be legendary-exclusive IMO, its something that should apply universally. It can’t really be THAT hard to copy-paste the weapon model and have the skill use the equipped weapon instead of a generic one. If legendaries can handle it, everything else should be able to as well.

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I really wish they’d let weapon skins alter the thrown projectiles of every weapon. As someone who has little interest in legendaries, it makes me a tad jealous that people with say, Frostfang, can go around on their Ranger throwing awesome ice axes while my Dreamthistle Axe and Dragon’s Jade axe just turn into generic hatchets when thrown. I know legendaries are special and supposed to be extra flashy and impressive, but something as simple as making your thrown weapon actually match your equipped weapon skin isn’t something that should be legendary-exclusive IMO, its something that should apply universally. It can’t really be THAT hard to copy-paste the weapon model and have the skill use the equipped weapon instead of a generic one. If legendaries can handle it, everything else should be able to as well.

+1 for my vote to all weapons having a throw animation.

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

Yes, all weapons should have own model when thrown. But legendaries should add their effects to it, which actually they currently do ;p

I think limitation of projectile diversity is because of optimization in the end, game will only use 2 (3 coz marjory dagger and axe DO change projectile) skins for every skill, in huge zerg you will either see normal axes flying, or frostfangs.

Back to subject, Juggernaut is missing projectile effect entirely!

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”