The Missing Mythical 'Help at HP's

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

So, ran into a HP that is guarded by 3 vets that can practically one shot you in the air before you even land.

Then spent 30 minutes at the spot, asking politely in map chat for assistance as two of us were wiped pretty fast. Popped tag as well so people knew exactly where we were, no response, about from ‘doing events’.

This, after less than a week, tells you how bad it’s going to get to try and complete these HP in a couple months when the maps will be pretty quiet.

I don’t even want to be there- just want the elite spec for wvw, you can keep your masteries.

Posted by: lorephoenix.9185

lorephoenix.9185

So, ran into a HP that is guarded by 3 vets that can practically one shot you in the air before you even land.

Then spent 30 minutes at the spot, asking politely in map chat for assistance as two of us were wiped pretty fast. Popped tag as well so people knew exactly where we were, no response, about from ‘doing events’.

This, after less than a week, tells you how bad it’s going to get to try and complete these HP in a couple months when the maps will be pretty quiet.

I don’t even want to be there- just want the elite spec for wvw, you can keep your masteries.

they’re probably all off doing events or not in the map. once you’re in an event chain, its hard to leave.

i’ve also has a bit of this problem…so now i’m only going to hero point hunting if i have a guildie with me.

and lfg doesn’t help because you lose all your map progress if you do (pretty sure they added this to stop people from map hopping like in SW)

Out of darkness, light.

Necro/Reaper, Rev

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Without knowing the exact HP you’re talking about, you do realize deep in the gliding trait line you can glide in stealth. Maybe Anet set that specific HP up to take advantage of that trait?

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I have 8/11 or more HP’s unlocked on the first three maps and the three you can get in the last one… I do not remember one guarded by three vets as such besides the one in the tree-stump in Verdant Brink. However, no one does that one because you need to have the poison resistance mastery in order to get to it anyhow.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

the fact that mastery has become a disappointing grind fest with no unique mission other then to kill a bunch of mob has destroy 90% of the map as all the player zerg that 10% “high protein” area of the map.

also bigger map = megaserver concept breakdown, you end up with 1 or 2 players in the other areas since those “no interest” area do not get their own instances. it really a bunch of problem that pile on top of one another to make it worst.

but the root problem is the lame introduction of a grind fest instead of the story/heart system gw2 used to depend on.

SOLUTION: REPLACE GRINDING WITH HEART AGAIN!

I know alot of people hate heart, but HoT have very good chain event across several interesting map, heart make it visible to player where they have not done their event, it spread the player base out…

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

you do realize deep in the gliding trait line you can glide in stealth.

i got those point just by using a thief to stealth my party. it is a pain in the kitten as it hard to coordinate everyone to land at the same time into the SR.

however SR does not help the fact that many of the point REQUIRES you to KILL the champion to get it… :\

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

Posted by: Avlaen.7241

Avlaen.7241

Without knowing the exact HP you’re talking about, you do realize deep in the gliding trait line you can glide in stealth. Maybe Anet set that specific HP up to take advantage of that trait?

Which is a massive problem in itself. having to grind insane amounts of boring events to be able to earn the skill points.