The Mordrem Guard possibilities.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Love this twist to the narrative. I know many predicted it would occur, but nice to get confirmation and some details. My mind is racing with the potential this opens up for the game. Just imagine if the NPC minions treats Sylvari characters different than other races? Going a step further, imagine if Sylvari characters could choose a path of corruption and this lead to PvP zones in the open world. I know that would be an ambitious undertaking and the balance mechanics would be difficult I’m not suggesting that’s what we are getting, but wouldn’t it add a new level of depth to the game?

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

They won’t let player sylvari be corrupted simply because it’d give an unfair bonus to sylvari players.

Still, the Modrem Guard look like they will be very interesting. More interactive NPCs is always welcome, and having enemies with personality makes the whole experience far more immersive. I hope we learn a lot about these commanders. Their past, their hopes and dreams, and how they feel about who they were now that they’ve “grown” beyond the Pale Tree.

GW2 has been without truly captivating villains for a long while. This is a good opportunity to bring in a batch.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

We’ve been seeing way too much sylvari focus all this time: Trahearne, Mordrem stuff, etc. It’s about time we shift the focus to some of the neglected lore from regions not explored in GW2 yet or maybe something Asura related. I wanna kill Trahearne, give us an option to branch the story to betray him and take his place as leader. Then have a Quaggan take my former place as my sidekick or even have Trybalt fake his death for purposes of his mission.

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

Devs have explained, not long after the announce of HoT, that in HoT story every time a question involve a sylvari players will have to make a choice (trust or not), and when it come to the player itself sylvaries will be not trusted by some pnj wich will lead to some “forced” choices.
But I think it wont last long, maybe a couple of missions but probably not more.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Y’know, this gives a lot of juicy stuff for RPers. Now we just need to have an Infinite Mordrem Guard Tonic and things can really take off in that regard

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I just hope Treehearn turns and we get to kill him.

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

Unlikely, but It would be a great treasure hunt to get Caladbolg as a new Legendary^^

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

You really want to take Trehearne’s Job?

Pact Leader Job requires you to take part in diplomatic discussion, Resource management, Connections for supplies and recuits, Ability to perform Desk Job tasks for 6 hours a day, Military meetings with officers, Recuiting members into the Pact, and a pay of 0 copper every day. Not to mention all your Dailies will be filling out paper work in your office and make certain to meet with each Pact officer everyday to discuss military strategy. Pact leader is not allowed to enter PvE, PvP, and WvW zones until Player complete all Dailies in their Pact office.

Compared to the Player character, Trehearne has a actual job while our character is just a freelancer until he or she joins a fight against a Elder Dragon.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Posted by: Shadeofgrey.3065

Shadeofgrey.3065

Nicely put EdwinLi.

Anyway I don’t care that much one way or another about Trehearne. I’m more interested in what Faolain is doing. She finally gets to know the secret that has been kept from her for all these years. She has always been anti-Ventari and been disgruntled with Mother.

Faolain

The Dream is a nightmare. See the world for what it is-episodes of pain ending in untimely death.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Nope, but I would be delighted to see someone, almost anyone, else have it.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Nope, but I would be delighted to see someone, almost anyone, else have it.

Me too. Treehearn is obnoxious. I really hope he turns. Then that sword will finally be mine!

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Unlikely, but It would be a great treasure hunt to get Caladbolg as a new Legendary^^

only if it comes w/ those skills

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Me too. Treehearn is obnoxious. I really hope he turns. Then that sword will finally be mine!

And you would not deserve it.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Caladbolg needs to be an cosmetic item you mount in the guild hall after taking down Dark Trehearne.

And Trehearn needs to be replaced (along with the whole Pact) by a war council of the Three Orders leaders. Having three veteran political leaders with a blatantly common purpose act like 10-year olds squabbling in a sandbox so we have to bring the leafy messiah was embarrassing in the extreme.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

in case of possibility of sylvari players getting corrupted I think they’ll get the same plotshield as literaly every single other race characters during zhaitan arc….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles