The Not So Obvious Gear grind

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

What we’re trying, and clearly failing, to do is convince you that the new meta, at least what it looks like now, isn’t going to fix anything for the people complaining about build or stat diversity, and it certainly isn’t going to get rid of elitism.

….you don’t think a new meta, with more than just zerker builds, won’t do anything for build diversity?

for the record, what i said was:

wherever the meta settles, stricter or not, it’s going to be more in favor of diverse builds than the zerk meta. i mean, that’s the whole point. there’ll be a place for tougher builds, maybe even bunkers.

and i dont know, you’re putting onto me your anger about people who complain that they arn’t getting into groups. :|

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

You are making my point for me, $20 for 6 pc. of armor plus about 8 Ascended weapons is $280!!

That’s working as intended if you want to save your upgrades. The better options would be to just buy new upgrades, or keep extra sets of alt Ascended gear. Pay Gems for the convenience of saving your stuff, or take the time to craft different Ascended stats sets. You can get enough mats to craft gear by playing normally, so no grind is necessary.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

What we’re trying, and clearly failing, to do is convince you that the new meta, at least what it looks like now, isn’t going to fix anything for the people complaining about build or stat diversity, and it certainly isn’t going to get rid of elitism.

….you don’t think a new meta, with more than just zerker builds, won’t do anything for build diversity?

for the record, what i said was:

wherever the meta settles, stricter or not, it’s going to be more in favor of diverse builds than the zerk meta. i mean, that’s the whole point. there’ll be a place for tougher builds, maybe even bunkers.

and i dont know, you’re putting onto me your anger about people who complain that they arn’t getting into groups. :|

No ones angry, buddy.
Chill.

The zerker meta had build diversity. It just didn’t have stat diversity, until sinister gear arrived. There was always a most effective build to run, though.

Build diversity is being exchanged for stat diversity.
If the new meta is as we all assume it will be, there will only be one optimal druid build, one optimal dragon hunter build, etc. Whatever. That kind of thing.
Sure different classes will be able to choose some different stat sets. Yay? But classes will will be pigeonholed. Probably more so that they currently are.

But even more so than that, it will be more elitist and more exclusionary, because there will be more demands on players. Both stat wise and skill wise.

What I’m saying is, the complainers will still complain. Nothing will be different.
I’m looking forward to adapting and clearing the content pretty quickly though

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.