The expansion is coming out in a month?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dracula.1709

Dracula.1709

A friend of mine just told me that but I can’t confirm it. Is that accurate?

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Not at all. There will be a playable demo in 6 weeks at pax east.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: ibra.2317

ibra.2317

they said that the beta first testing will be available after 6 weeks !

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

More information will be coming out as HoT approaches beta, which – as others have pointed out – will be in six weeks. Beta testing takes a variable amount of time depending on how polished developers bring a product to beta testing stage, but I would say don’t expect it until maybe second quarter of 2015 at earliest.

Posted by: usernameisapain.7163

usernameisapain.7163

Considering the beta’s of earlier GW products, I don’t imagine it will be a long period of time, usually really fast, the only beta tests from anet that took time was the first games of the franchise. Prophecies and GW2. It’s obvious why those would take longer.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

More information will be coming out as HoT approaches beta, which – as others have pointed out – will be in six weeks. Beta testing takes a variable amount of time depending on how polished developers bring a product to beta testing stage, but I would say don’t expect it until maybe second quarter of 2015 at earliest.

This is not really accurate, in 6 weeks there will be a playable demo on a convention showfloor, but that does not mean that the expansion is in “beta” status.

Who knows there might already be internal builds which are referred to as betas, but as far as we know there will be beta events for the public of some description at an indeterminate point in the future (as per the faq). The timeframe of 6 weeks however has nothing to do with that.

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

A lot of people might feel that the expansion is coming out next month because of how the living story ended but I think it wont be here till a couple more months. The next update will probably be a valentine update then dragon bash, maybe super adventure box in between but that’s just wishful thinking on my part.

My guess on a date would be somewhere on august with a july sneak peek.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

This is not really accurate, in 6 weeks there will be a playable demo on a convention showfloor, but that does not mean that the expansion is in “beta” status.

Who knows there might already be internal builds which are referred to as betas, but as far as we know there will be beta events for the public of some description at an indeterminate point in the future (as per the faq). The timeframe of 6 weeks however has nothing to do with that.

True, but developers generally don’t put alphas up as (playable) demos, it’s usually in the beta stage or later that they feel the product has just enough polish to show off, hence my assumption it’ll at least be a beta build.