The inherited bugs in the expansion

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

What we see in current content?
There are set of annoying bugs, many of them persisted from the game release. Some people can ignore there bugs. Some can’t.

This is NOT good job. We will see these bugs in the expansion.

Posted by: Vepo.4208

Vepo.4208

Can you confirm as to what these bugs are please? I’m asking as I’ve yet to come across them.

If you take the time to explain the bugs, firstly it will allow the community team to forward that information to the developers and their QA department, to see if they are on the roadmap of being fixed before the expansion or on the release of the expansion.

You also need to remember that some bugs, sometimes can take a while to fix. It’s not like they can load up the code of the game, change a single line and then upload the hotfix. That single line correction, would then spark more bugs or even server breaking bugs.

So instead of just saying that the current bugs are still there and won’t be fixed, provide some constructive feedback in regards to what the bugs are and how they’ve impacted you and what you’ve done to overcome those bugs.

Character: Doowie – Ranger / Dow Dow – Thief / Unknown – Revenant
Guild: Rebellious New Generation [RNG] / Server: Aurora Glade – EN
Twitch: http://www.Twitch.tv/DoowieEU

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Aye, people do seem to love to bring up all these masses of bugs that have been here since release, but they never seems to actually post said bugs.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Iretha.7625

Iretha.7625

There are set of annoying bugs, many of them persisted from the game release. Some people can ignore there bugs. Some can’t.

Citation needed.

This isn’t your first post on the ehm, ‘issue’ and you have still failed to expand upon your claims in any way shape or form. Thank you for actually making your thread HoT-related this time around, but until you can list out these bugs it just looks like more senseless whining.

Also, why post about bugs here when you can use the in-game bug reporting feature?

(edited by Iretha.7625)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Aye, people do seem to love to bring up all these masses of bugs that have been here since release, but they never seems to actually post said bugs.

Perhaps it’s because you don’t look into the bugs forum.

Still, the OP is being way too generic.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

well only bugs i can see him complaning on is warrior cleansing ire trait and divemaster

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Do tell me what these bugs are.

Other MMOs have bugs that have been in the game for 10 years and still haven’t been fixed.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

vpchelko.4261

well only bugs i can see him complaning on is warrior cleansing ire trait and divemaster

This forum also have bugged search engine: for example try find “Dive Master” in the bug forum.

No Results
Try a different search term.

What about LFG bug – that cause “you join too many groups” without join any group?

Try find any LFG bugs in the bugs forum?

No Results

Seems – search is banned in the bugs forum. Only google allows me find something.

Also Warrior Cleansing Ire has no clear mechanics – you should attack enemy with burst to trigger conditions remove. This is not explained in tooltips.

(edited by vpchelko.4261)

vpchelko.4261

Can you confirm as to what these bugs are please? I’m asking as I’ve yet to come across them.

If you take the time to explain the bugs, firstly it will allow the community team to forward that information to the developers and their QA department, to see if they are on the roadmap of being fixed before the expansion or on the release of the expansion.

You also need to remember that some bugs, sometimes can take a while to fix. It’s not like they can load up the code of the game, change a single line and then upload the hotfix. That single line correction, would then spark more bugs or even server breaking bugs.

So instead of just saying that the current bugs are still there and won’t be fixed, provide some constructive feedback in regards to what the bugs are and how they’ve impacted you and what you’ve done to overcome those bugs.

What feedback? I want see bug fixed!

vpchelko.4261

Complaints about the lack of “Color Blind” options – ignored.

Linken.6345

This forum also have bugged search engine: for example try find “Dive Master” in the bug forum.

No Results

What about LFG bug – that cause “you join too many groups” without join any group?

No Results

Seems – search is banned in the bugs forum. Only google allows me find something.

Also Warrior Cleansing Ire has no clear mechanics – you should attack enemy with burst to trigger conditions remove. This is not explained in tooltips.

First off all search funktion aint bugged its broken.

Second how long ago was it that you checked cleansing ire tool tip it clearly states when hovering over icon while sloted in defence line and in the bar to the left of the trait lines what you need to do for skill

Attachments:

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

software? with bugs? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

vpchelko.4261

First off all search funktion aint bugged its broken.

Second how long ago was it that you checked cleansing ire tool tip it clearly states when hovering over icon while sloted in defence line and in the bar to the left of the trait lines what you need to do for skill

It says “when hit” – for me this is not clear.
Maybe for USA native english speakers – this wording is okay…

Linken.6345

when you hit with a burst skill, that means when you land a burst skill attack on a monster.
what you seem hung up about is the first part that you gain adrenaline when you get hit….. so you can use your burst skill more to remove said conditions.

where are you from anyway that you cant know that a . means a new sentence?

Iretha.7625

No Results

No Results

The issue that you have with the forum search feature has absolutely nothing to do with any “bugs” with the game. This is completely DIFFERENT from your original statement.:

The only real ‘bugs’ that you list are about Divemaster, and Cleansing Ire. Neither of which have “persisted from the game’s release.” I did Divemaster months ago, and the only problem I had was figuring out which spot I missed, so that obviously hasn’t been a persistent bug.

On Cleansing Ire – you seem to have a problem with it’s description, which makes no sense to me as the description is very straight-forward.

“Gain adrenaline when hit. Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent when you hit with a burst skill.

Adrenaline: 1 "

This means: When you are hit, you gain 1 adrenaline, and when you use a burst skill (the burst still must hit an enemy, you can’t just use the skill on thin air) you will remove one condition for every bar of adrenaline spent. (1-3 conditions)

This is not a bug, it’s working perfectly fine, something isn’t a ‘bug’ simply because you can’t understand it.

Complaints about the lack of “Color Blind” options – ignored.

Are you for real? That isn’t a BUG, and for anyone to realistically expect a small mmo to create and maintain a color blind mode out of thin kittening air is inane. The only mmo I’ve heard of that’s been able to make a system to help out color blind players in WoW – and they only managed to do that recently. Really recently, like, last month recent. And (no offense to WoW or anything but..) their graphics are much more dated, and they have a much larger pool of spending money.

So far, your only real in-game bug is the Divemaster achievement, which hasn’t even been broken for all that long (assuming it’s even broken at all, as people forget diving spots all the time.)

Admit it, you’re just complaining for the sake of complaining, aren’t you?

(edited by Iretha.7625)

vpchelko.4261

Wow also have options to costumize UI. It can be good workaroud of lack of color blind.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diving_Goggles

Bug Bug:
Some accounts have access to Diving Goggles locked, even with maximum level characters.
Bug Bug:
Sometimes, using Flip or Spin just before landing will cause the character to freeze briefly, or spin continuously.
Bug Bug:
Sometimes, your character won’t go back to their normal outfit after a dive. This won’t contribute towards the achievement and can be almost impossible to resolve

I repeat all 38 diving spot twice but 37/38.

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

There are really no glaring bugs in the game; any bugs I can think of are pretty minor or small mistakes.

The most annoying things in the game are profession skill anomalies… like Guardian’s Sword Wave being projectiles… still irked by that fact.

vpchelko.4261

There are really no glaring bugs in the game; any bugs I can think of are pretty minor or small mistakes.

The most annoying things in the game are profession skill anomalies… like Guardian’s Sword Wave being projectiles… still irked by that fact.

Ofc you can play and ignore minor bugs. If you lucky – you even can do not notice them.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Wow also have options to costumize UI. It can be good workaroud of lack of color blind.

Bug Bug:
Some accounts have access to Diving Goggles locked, even with maximum level characters.
Bug Bug:
Sometimes, using Flip or Spin just before landing will cause the character to freeze briefly, or spin continuously.
Bug Bug:
Sometimes, your character won’t go back to their normal outfit after a dive. This won’t contribute towards the achievement and can be almost impossible to resolve

I am almost certain that none of those bugs have been there since release actually.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

vpchelko.4261

I am almost certain that none of those bugs have been there since release actually.

Just checked http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodtide_Coast diving spot –
my character won’t go back to their normal outfit after a dive.

Iretha.7625

Bug Bug:
Bug Bug:
Bug Bug:

I’m 100% certain that these haven’t seen there since release, and it begs the question..

Why post about it here and not on the bug forums? Or by making a ticket in-game? Bugs like that can be hard to pin down and fix specifically for this reason – not enough people give detailed accounts of what happened when they noticed the bug. Complaining that a bug exists does nothing to help the team fix the problem, if you are experiencing these problems personally please go to the bug forums, or make a ticket in-game giving a detailed account to the bug you encountered, and even add screenshots as well. The more information arenanet has, the easier it is for them to fix the problem.

If you’re not experiencing these issues (and it sounds like you aren’t for the most part) you aren’t helping at all by drawing attention to it on these forums. The community devs here might not be able to fix whatever technical issues you may have.

Also, please remember that pretty much anyone can edit that wikipedia page, and as such if someone was lagging and experienced the 2nd bug on that list, they could just edit it in and be on their merry way.

Just checked http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodtide_Coast diving spot –
my character won’t go back to their normal outfit after a dive.

You experiencing that particular bug now does not mean it’s been in the game since launch.

vpchelko.4261

You experiencing that particular bug now does not mean it’s been in the game since launch.

Some people experiencing this bug about 2 year ago – and this bug still exist. Google help you to comfinm that.

Why post about it here and not on the bug forums? Or by making a ticket in-game? Bugs like that can be hard to pin down and fix specifically for this reason – not enough people give detailed accounts of what happened when they noticed the bug. Complaining that a bug exists does nothing to help the team fix the problem, if you are experiencing these problems personally please go to the bug forums, or make a ticket in-game giving a detailed account to the bug you encountered, and even add screenshots as well. The more information arenanet has, the easier it is for them to fix the problem.

Any bug can be fixed if somebody working on it. Just nobody works on bugs. 2 years is too much time.

Iretha.7625

Some people experiencing this bug about 2 year ago – and this bug still exist. Google help you to comfinm that.

Any bug can be fixed if somebody working on it. Just nobody works on bugs. 2 years is too much time.

Which one of your ‘bugs’? Two of them could be attributed to lag or an internet connection issue. All of those bugs are highly circumstantial, while a few players may experience them many have not. For instance just last week my boyfriend got his divemaster title without any issues.

And no, any bug cannot be fixed just by having somebody work on it. That’s akin to going to your local church, and demanding that they fix your car by saying “Any engine issue can be fixed just by having ANYBODY work on it.” That’s some of the most flawed logic I’ve ever seen. Someone on the community team is unlikely to fix a bug that only a few players experience sporadically. For one because they most likely lack the training in that particular field, and secondly because they are paid to do their own jobs, not someone else’s.

Also, citation needed on your “nobody works on bugs” claim.

I’ve personally put in several bug reports throughout beta and even on occasion in this very day and I have always returned to find that the bug was indeed fixed. The issues I have reported have ranged from anything between broken cinematics, events, and general npcs standing about the town. So again I ask you, why aren’t you dirrecting your issues at the right people?

vpchelko.4261

And no, any bug cannot be fixed just by having somebody work on it. That’s akin to going to your local church, and demanding that they fix your car by saying “Any engine issue can be fixed just by having ANYBODY work on it.” That’s some of the most flawed logic I’ve ever seen. Someone on the community team is unlikely to fix a bug that only a few players experience sporadically. For one because they most likely lack the training in that particular field, and secondly because they are paid to do their own jobs, not someone else’s.

There are big difference between intermident bugs and constant bugs that block in-game progress.

Also, citation needed on your “nobody works on bugs” claim.
I’ve personally put in several bug reports throughout beta and even on occasion in this very day and I have always returned to find that the bug was indeed fixed. The issues I have reported have ranged from anything between broken cinematics, events, and general npcs standing about the town. So again I ask you, why aren’t you dirrecting your issues at the right people?

Because the problem have been long known, reported many times, but still not fixed. I think that the information did not reach the people who must work on them.

vpchelko.4261

Another nice topic:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Fix-the-hobosacks
People do not know how to make sure that the information reaches the right people. They don’t believe in support.

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

Another nice topic:
People do not know how to make sure that the information reaches the right people. They don’t believe in support.

This isn’t a bug. Its the design choice, just because people do not like it does not make it a bug. Seems like you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Iretha.7625

Another nice topic:
People do not know how to make sure that the information reached the right people

That’s not about “bugs.” Did you even LOOK to see what that thread is about? Did you just grab something that looked like it might help whatever “case” you may have for posting bugs in the HoT forum?

It’s about people asking to have engineer kits visually updated with the expansion. There’s no bugs with the kits, they work perfectly fine, people are calling for the visuals to be “fixed” (in this case, changed) when the expansion comes out. It’s in the same vein as people asking for the new legendaries to be themed a certain way. Asking for an option to have the kits on your back look different as a feature in the upcoming expansion. Is not the same thing as you complaining about a “bug” in the wrong forum.

They aren’t posting in the support forum because IT’S NOT A BUG. THE KITS DON’T NEED TO BE HOTFIXED. They simply want them to have an option to change or hide the visuals of the kit as a feature to the expansion.

(edited by Iretha.7625)

vpchelko.4261

This isn’t a bug. Its the design choice, just because people do not like it does not make it a bug. Seems like you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Nope.
This is bug.

That’s not about “bugs.” Did you even LOOK to see what that thread is about? Did you just grab something that looked like it might help whatever “case” you may have for posting bugs in the HoT forum?

It’s about people asking to have engineer kits visually updated with the expansion. There’s no bugs with the kits, they work perfectly fine, people are calling for the visuals to be “fixed” (in this case, changed) when the expansion comes out. It’s in the same vein as people asking for the new legendaries to be themed a certain way. Asking for an option to have the kits on your back look different as a feature in the upcoming expansion. Is not the same thing as you complaining about a “bug” in the wrong forum.

They aren’t posting in the support forum because IT’S NOT A BUG. THE KITS DON’T NEED TO BE HOTFIXED. They simply want them to have an option to change or hide the visuals of the kit as a feature to the expansion.

Are you okay? You say – “a bug is not a bug”.

Linken.6345

Nope.
This is bug.

Are you okay?

Iretha maybe you should stop posting here for your own health, its not getting through to said person anyway and all you do is give it a bump in the thread

/end thread

Iretha.7625

Nope.
This is bug.

[Snip]

Are you okay?

It’s not a bug, I’m trying to stress certain things in some vain attempt to get you to understand that the thread you just referenced has nothing to do with bugs. Your “issue” has to do with a “bug” in the current game. But you’re posting in the forum for the expansion. Hence, you’re posting in the wrong forum.

I’m trying very hard to try to get you to understand this, because any devs watching this forum cannot help you. If you really need help, and you really care about getting these issues fixed, you would show them to the correct people.

Iretha maybe you should stop posting here for your own health, its not getting through to said person anyway and all you do is give it a bump in the thread

/end thread

My health is fine Oo I’m using bold and italicized words in an attempt to get them to realize why them posting here won’t help their problem. But you’re right, I’ll stop bumping it, they’re probably purposefully ignoring the reasons why they shouldn’t be posting here. The best I can do is report their posts for being in the wrong forum and call it a day. It’s just.. a shame that they won’t get help from the support team when the ‘bug’ supposedly bothers them so much.

(edited by Iretha.7625)

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

vpchelko is obviously a troll, just ignore him and his posts. His postings here have proved his ignorance.