The joke of the Engineer

The joke of the Engineer

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Not quite what you’re thinking. I’m referring to the fact that the Engineer is getting a Hammer. I believe that the entire reason they gave him that is because of a joke…

Whenever you have a problem with something technical like a computer or the office printer, one of the main ways a person tends to fix it is called “Percussive Maintinence”. Which is, basically, smacking it with your hand.

What is more fitting for an engineer, who builds and repairs technology, than a hammer that allows him to perform Percussive Maintinence on some rampaging golems?

The joke of the Engineer

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

well, that, or maybe, I don´t know, well… mechanical engineers use tools… like, errm, hammers…

The joke of the Engineer

Posted by: Kusumura.8642

Kusumura.8642

The joke of the Engineer

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

well, that, or maybe, I don´t know, well… mechanical engineers use tools… like, errm, hammers…

And hammer has been the weapon that most people speculating on what other weapon would be thematically appropriate to port to an Engi have come up with.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker