The mysterious Exalted & Mastery UI

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is assumptions based on the fact that the Enchanted Armor creatures looks very much like the Exalted.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Enchanted_armor

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

It is assumptions based on the fact that the Enchanted Armor creatures looks very much like the Exalted.

Not an assumption, an educated theory crafted by the evidence presented. The Enchanted Armor follow the Forgotten in GW1, and this new lore blog post tells us that during the time of GW1 the Forgotten taught the Exalted. The Exalted look much more like Enchanted Armor then they do Mursaat. A+B=C, no?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Until it is confirmed, it is an assumption.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

OtakuModeEngage.8679

true, but, ‘theory’ ‘hypothesis’, ‘guess’, sounds a lot less arrogant than ‘assumption’, especially when the guess is based on facts, whereas assumptions can often be baseless.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

true, but, ‘theory’ ‘hypothesis’, ‘guess’, sounds a lot less arrogant than ‘assumption’, especial when the guess is based on facts, whereas assumption can often be baseless.

Then, in fact, they were NOT in GW1 as I knew they were not. I have heard those assumptions as well and that is all they are. They are no more solid than those of us that assumed the Exalted were going to be Mursaat.

So bone, not thrown. You were just “assuming” that it was thrown.

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

I have three words. “Crap” & “That Sucks.”

I was hoping for any old lore to seep in and saw the Mursaat as both a nod to the game we all loved that spawned this one and a chance to see if there were both good and bad Mursaat.

After reading the article, I see how they have infused new lore with the Exalted, but would it kill any of those friggin’ content creators to throw us long time GW1 players a bone?

#nothappy #epiclorefail

100% agree

#learnyourgameslore

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Not an assumption, an educated theory crafted by the evidence presented. The Enchanted Armor follow the Forgotten in GW1, and this new lore blog post tells us that during the time of GW1 the Forgotten taught the Exalted. The Exalted look much more like Enchanted Armor then they do Mursaat. A+B=C, no?

It was a reasonable assumption I think. They look like Musaat and their jade constructs. The White Mantle have been teased in recent months in this area. They are near the Bloodstone. The story around their city and the previous lore was very similar. The ultimate fate of the Mursaat race is unclear.

A lot pointed towards the Mursaat.

I am fascinated as to why they made them look so similar to Mursaat / Mursaat related things though. Why? It would be as if they created another race of half human / half horse men with two heads instead of one and said they are not related to Centaurs. It’s just really odd.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

OtakuModeEngage.8679

true, but, ‘theory’ ‘hypothesis’, ‘guess’, sounds a lot less arrogant than ‘assumption’, especial when the guess is based on facts, whereas assumption can often be baseless.

Then, in fact, they were NOT in GW1 as I knew they were not. I have heard those assumptions as well and that is all they are. They are no more solid than those of us that assumed the Exalted were going to be Mursaat.

So bone, not thrown. You were just “assuming” that it was thrown.

“Assuming that it was thrown” Does not mean it was “NOT” thrown. just because we can only assume at this point, does not mean that the Enchanted Armor are not the Exalted. We wont know for sure until the release of heart of thorn. If it is too soon for me to say “They were in GW1” it is likewise too soon for you to say they were not. However, I think the most likely probability is that they are in fact the same race. Dont jump to the conclusion that just because im not 100% sure means Im wrong…

(edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679)

OtakuModeEngage.8679

It was a reasonable assumption I think. They look like Musaat and their jade constructs. The White Mantle have been teased in recent months in this area. They are near the Bloodstone. The story around their city and the previous lore was very similar. The ultimate fate of the Mursaat race is unclear.

A lot pointed towards the Mursaat.

I am fascinated as to why they made them look so similar to Mursaat / Mursaat related things though. Why? It would be as if they created another race of half human / half horse men with two heads instead of one and said they are not related to Centaurs. It’s just really odd.

Once again, If you compare the images of the Exalted to the Mursaat and the Exalted to the Enchanted Armor, they look MUCH more like Enchanted Armor than Mursaat. Honestly, they don’t look like Mursaat at all, the only thing that is similar is their armor, their physical body make up is ENTIRELY different, not even close to being the same race.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Interesting how, in that link above, the Devs said we’d find out about the Mursaat in GW2.

You never know where the story may lead…

OtakuModeEngage.8679

GW1 lore: Mursaat have flesh based, human like body’s with wings and wear armor.
GW2 HoT trailer: depicts beings with spectral energy based bodies with no wings and wear armor similar to the Mursaat and the Enchanted Armor. Enchanted armor also have energy based bodies
Players: Armor is similar to mursaat, they are mursaat! ~Orgasm~
GW2 Devs: they are not mursaat…

Hmmmmm, who rolled a lore fail, Devs, or players…

That bring said, haha, I also thought they were mursaat at first. But given this blog post, makes you really rethink, and realize, they’re nothing alike. We just jumped to conclusions, so it’s our own fault if we are dissapointed, not ANets

(edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679)

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

If you compare the images of the Exalted to the Mursaat and the Exalted to the Enchanted Armor, they look MUCH more like Enchanted Armor than Mursaat.

And if you compare the images of Krait from Guild Wars 2 to Krait from Guild Wars: EotN, and Krait from Guild Wars 2 to Naga, they look much more like Naga than Krait from Guild Wars: EotN.

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s worth bearing in mind that the mursaats’ antagonistic role had them doing something bad (human sacrifice) for a good reason (keeping Abbadon sealed behind the Door of Komalie). That no longer applies, as the door got opened anyway, and Abbadon is dead.

So, why did they wipe out an entire race (the Seers) and then flee into the Mists when they had the greatest weapon to use against the Elder Dragons during the previous dragonrise?

Furthermore, they weren’t keeping Abaddon at bay – they were keeping the titans from killing their race. The Flameseeker Prophecies is what they knew about, and all that said was that it would lead to the destruction of the mursaat.

Guys, stop trying to turn the mursaat into good guys. They’re not.

WHY does everyone think they’re Mursaat?

Because they look like mursaat and not Forgotten?

Enchanted aromrs looked like mursaat armor – note the head, fingers, and toes particularly.

Interesting how, in that link above, the Devs said we’d find out about the Mursaat in GW2.

What was actually said is that they had plans “in the future” for mursaat.

And then they appeared in War in Kryta.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s worth bearing in mind that the mursaats’ antagonistic role had them doing something bad (human sacrifice) for a good reason (keeping Abbadon sealed behind the Door of Komalie). That no longer applies, as the door got opened anyway, and Abbadon is dead.

So, why did they wipe out an entire race (the Seers) and then flee into the Mists when they had the greatest weapon to use against the Elder Dragons during the previous dragonrise?

Furthermore, they weren’t keeping Abaddon at bay – they were keeping the titans from killing their race. The Flameseeker Prophecies is what they knew about, and all that said was that it would lead to the destruction of the mursaat.

Guys, stop trying to turn the mursaat into good guys. They’re not.

WHY does everyone think they’re Mursaat?

Because they look like mursaat and not Forgotten?

Enchanted aromrs looked like mursaat armor – note the head, fingers, and toes particularly.

What was actually said is that they had plans “in the future” for mursaat.

And then they appeared in War in Kryta.

I’m thinking ‘GW2’ denotes, well, Guild Wars 2. But if it is code for ‘in the future’, I wasn’t aware.

‘After much discussion we have some really cool plans for the Mursaat but unfortunately I was told to tell you guys that you’ll have to wait until GW2 to find them (and the answers to these questions) out.’ User Linsey Murdock