The name of the break bar

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I keep wanting to call it “the defiance bar”.

I doubt the existing players will have any difficulty figuring out what I mean when I say defiance bar.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I don’t know. What should the “Break Bar” be called? I wonder…

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I wouldn’t call it “Break Bar”

I personally would call it the “Mentality System”, because when your mentality is “broken”, then you get into an “Apathy” State, which leaves you being weakened, like in the case with the Wyvern, where Player attacks will deal then triple times more damage, than normal.

Brear Bar in my opinion just sounds stupid :/
But having a Mentality System I think would sound just alot better, than Break Bar…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I like break bar.

“I’m gonna wreck break it!”

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Since apparently blind will be able to deplete it as well as other CC skills to reach the same prescribed result for the mob (irregardless of what sort of CC was used) I propose calling it the “blind bar” or, more accurately, the “scripted event” bar

Posted by: Eggs.3142

Eggs.3142

Since apparently blind will be able to deplete it as well as other CC skills to reach the same prescribed result for the mob (irregardless of what sort of CC was used) I propose calling it the “blind bar” or, more accurately, the “scripted event” bar

This is from the TenTonHammer Article: ArenaNet have also leveled the playing field when it comes to crowd control skills used against Defiance and added a specific value for each one. A Blind will remove less of the Breakbar than, say, a Stun or a Daze. That doesn’t mean weaker crowd control skills are useless, it just means crowd control skills now have a clearly visible worth against Champion and Legendary enemies.

So why do i keep seeing people say this about blind?

I guess in the sense that blind -will also deplete the bar- yes then thats true, in the same manner that a spoon can drain a bathtub, but id rather use a bucket

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

So why do i keep seeing people say this about blind?

I think the answer is quite obvious…

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Lightning Hammer ftw.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I’m just going to call it the Defiance Bar or Defiance Meter. Two years down the road I’m still gonna call it that, defiantly.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I wouldn’t call it “Break Bar”

I personally would call it the “Mentality System”, because when your mentality is “broken”, then you get into an “Apathy” State, which leaves you being weakened, like in the case with the Wyvern, where Player attacks will deal then triple times more damage, than normal.

Break Bar in my opinion just sounds stupid :/
But having a Mentality System I think would sound just alot better, than Break Bar…

I’d say Break Bar is apt since you’re breaking down their resistance to CC effects.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.