The new Legendaries

The new Legendaries

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Bloodwine.6450

Bloodwine.6450

Hey guys,

I’ve recently achieved 100% map completion, and for the first time since launch actually started considering crafting a legendary for myself. Apparently there are new legendaries coming with the release of HoT, so I have some questions.

With the inclusion of the new purples, what sort of crafting materials should we expect to be required to craft one? Having just received my Gift of Exploration I’m kind of hoping this will remain a baseline material for the new legendaries and not strictly for the pre-existing ones.

So is there any sort of info on the new recipes yet? and how will the acquisition of the new legendaries differ?

Thanks in advance.

The new Legendaries

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Impossible to tell as Anet hasn’t said anything.

Just hoard everything you get your hands on.

The new Legendaries

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The only official information on the new Legendaries was given in the News Blog post, afaik.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

Good luck.

The new Legendaries

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I’d say hoarding T6 materials, ectos and maybe getting 500 tokens of each dungeon are a good idea. Beyond that, we don’t know anything yet except that there will be a way to get precursors outside of getting lucky with RNGsus (and yes, that sounds dirty on purpose :P).
Not spending laurels if you don’t have to might also be reasonable, in case there are new T6 mats coming that you then can obtain via the bags from the laurel vendor. Even if you can’t, it won’t hurt to wait, the normal T6 mats will always be in those bags (probably, if someone doesn’t get funny ideas about that, like they did about the laurel cost of unidentified dyes…).

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

The new Legendaries

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Rumor was (not sure if it was confirmed or rejected) that the raven staff was one of the new legendaries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nd-5b1tsz0

The new Legendaries

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I dread what’s going to happen to the prices of materials needed for the new legendaries.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

The new Legendaries

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

try getting about 500 tokens for every single dungeon for the gifts… from there youll have to wait

The new Legendaries

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There may or may not be any new legendary’s. They have told us multiple times in the past that they are being added, then they simply never get mentioned again until they tell us the same thing 9 months later.

Their current announcement follows this plan. Announce magical new legendary weapons and precursors, show no pictures, give no details, tell us it fell through 9 months from now.

If you want a legendary make one of the current ones, otherwise don’t worry about it.

The new Legendaries

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Any mats that are timegated are ones you may want to hoard. Err on the side of caution and all.

The new Legendaries

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Maybe the next expansion?

The new Legendaries

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

the way of crafting Legendary Weapon will always be the same , you need 4 major component : Gift of Mastery, Gift of Fortune, Precursor, Gift of <Legendary Weapon>. anet did not say anything means they stay the same.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK