The new maps are dead.

The new maps are dead.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

VB = afk raid lobby with a few toons parked in the flax spot
AB = meta is repetitive, sometimes people taxi in for vinetooth and that’s it
TD = map is a mess, also meta is almost impossible with pugs
DS = hours of endless braindead zerg hanging on a dc/map crash threat, only to end in 15 minutes of pure black friday-ish chaos.
People are leaving left and right after having gotten all elite spec weapons &news armor skins. There are no incentive for any of us to stay and explore. All I see after the meta events end are the map closing notices. And it has only just been a month. This is not the same game anymore.

The new maps are dead.

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

im just gonna smh and walk away.

The new maps are dead.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

This game was better before the expansion,i have spent the last week trying to get the TD gerent event done.probably clocked up twenty fails including around twelve on gw2community ts. Now its rare to even see attempts at the TD meta as every one is sick of it.There were obvious problems with this a event and anet are to dam slow at fixing them.

The new maps are dead.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

VB: NEEDS to have it’s own lobby for the raid.
AB: I don’t mind and you can generally find a LFG doing taxis, reminds me of SW.
TD: Right, they need to fix something here or you will hear crickets upon entering.
DS: I like the map, It reminds me of the zergfest that was S1 and I actually liked it.

As I see it currently VB will be getting done on a more regular basis once they make a lobby. AB will continue to get done, if, for no other reason the viper’s armor and good loot. TD, tumbleweeds I need not say more. DS, well it would seem that I am not alone in liking the zerg action as every LFG I have seen posted stating a new map fills up before I can even join the party, also the loot is really good.

edit: clarity

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

The new maps are dead.

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

the only dead map is td, and that’s only because the meta is too unforgiving for random groups of players

also the absurd delay between the meta starts

The new maps are dead.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

the only dead map is td, and that’s only because the meta is too unforgiving for random groups of players

I agree with this. I’ve just been in VB and AB. Both were hopping with players.

The new maps are dead.

Posted by: FirstBlood.1590

FirstBlood.1590

I’m really bored with these kinds of Post. There’s so many Posts about the lack of ppl in new maps. Why don’t you keep searching on LFG to find a good map and join ? didn’t you play SW when it was just released ?

The new maps are dead.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

I’m really bored with these kinds of Post. There’s so many Posts about the lack of ppl in new maps. Why don’t you keep searching on LFG to find a good map and join ? didn’t you play SW when it was just released ?

Your bored with these kind of posts.im bored with siting on ts all day and searching lfg to find someone attempting gerent meta in TD.So unless your not in the eu or are using a different lfg your talking out your kitten my friend.

The new maps are dead.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

I agree with this. I’ve just been in VB and AB. Both were hopping with players.

The TC may have had a bad title but his remarks are all true and having people in VB is meaningless when a full zergs worth of people are afk or waiting for raids and not enganged in the actual map events for Meta.

DS like he said is just a bunch of lemmings running around afraid of a crash and then not being able to return do to the map becoming full. With this last update the instances of crashing in that map went up significantly even with the 16 bit beta as something changed with that last patch.

The raid in VB is only one and there is no doubt the other maps will get raids as well so unless the raids are chucked into the mists like PvP and WvW or added to the guild hall maps then it will always be an issue with this game. Heck I’m even for tossing the entire guild hall into the mists snf keeping it separate like they did in Gw1. Having it physically on the map just proves we will never get GvG and I just don’t see the purpose of halls without GvG.

The new maps are dead.

Posted by: MikeE.8267

MikeE.8267

Lol, They nerf spiders because 8 people from a map weren’t doing the events. Now a map full of people stand waiting for a raid group…. Not doing events.

Gotta love Arenanet

The new maps are dead.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

VB = afk raid lobby with a few toons parked in the flax spot
AB = meta is repetitive, sometimes people taxi in for vinetooth and that’s it
TD = map is a mess, also meta is almost impossible with pugs
DS = hours of endless braindead zerg hanging on a dc/map crash threat, only to end in 15 minutes of pure black friday-ish chaos.
People are leaving left and right after having gotten all elite spec weapons &news armor skins. There are no incentive for any of us to stay and explore. All I see after the meta events end are the map closing notices. And it has only just been a month. This is not the same game anymore.

You must be playing GW2 on a private game server, as my experience varies so wildly from yours that I find it hard to believe we are playing the same version.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”