The solution for the Meta/Hp/Raids?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Hello, I know I am not a game developer….yet(jokes) .. but lots of peeps complain about maps being empty/meta failing cause people is doing other things/lack of lfg functionality/fake wishful taxis, … you name it … kinda came with a very simple solution that doesn’t involve much development (apparently).

The idea is to extend/change the map merge algorithm… currently if in an empty map it asks you if want to volunteer to a more populated map. To solve the problem it would be beneficial to suggest/force a chance of map to those players/teams with participation towards the meta events and put them together on servers with high number of players with participation and put the remaining into the “other” servers … for this to work tho they have to fix the bug of loosing all progression when switching servers… also the map change prompt should be active only during short downtime between the event transitions.

What you guys think? hopefully some real dev come across this and gets the idea (feel free to capitalize it as its own :P more than credits I want hours of fun)

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I think it is very difficult to solve.
The Megaserver is trying to merge maps to keep populations up but cannot know whet each player wants to do in the map (farm/event/raid etc).
At the same time the players are using the lfg tool to taxi/hop between maps.
It’s no wonder it does not work so well.

And merging maps and keeping event progression is tricky.

kuritsutian.2987

I think it is very difficult to solve.
The Megaserver is trying to merge maps to keep populations up but cannot know whet each player wants to do in the map (farm/event/raid etc).
At the same time the players are using the lfg tool to taxi/hop between maps.
It’s no wonder it does not work so well.

And merging maps and keeping event progression is tricky.

thats why I suggest a way to measure who wants to play it, by participation percentage!

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Megaserver should fill up map to full then open another map. Just sayin.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

kuritsutian.2987

full doesn’t mean of players doing the event besides mega servers makes the game slow, that’s why they had to instance maps I believe

Posted by: Biermeister.4678

Biermeister.4678

First they need to make a raid lobby between maps so they do not affect map population and make the raid accessible from the guild hall portal like missions are
Second they need to make districts of the maps and let people choose what map they need to be on
Mega server needs to only open maps as they fill up not open all maps then try to condense them