The ultimate edition

The ultimate edition

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: xeerus.1645

xeerus.1645

I bought this the other day, and something that has been bothering me. Does the character slot, unlimited set, bag upgrade, etc only come with some just starting out, or do all get that? I got the 4k gems, decoration, mini, and glider skin. I was just curious about the other stuff.

If it is for new players only. I am happy at that also because that really makes the determining factor in which one do I buy if all 3 come with the original game. So, in this case, if it is true then the ultimate edition is the best slot for new comers. You get way more then money’s worth.

As for the “entitlement players” or they say, thats bull under the table. I will say that I put over 5k hours, 15k APs, and 1k to 2k dollars into the game for cosmetics, upgrades, etc. Thats not including the countless gold conversions I do. So, inclusion, entitlement players need to grow up and support their decision.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

No you get everything the Unlimited states you get regardless if you are a veteran or a newbie. For instance, my character slot showed up as soon as I bought Ultimate. I also got my beta slot back.

edit: On another note I totally forgot about the data mined extra bag slot. That doesn’t appear to have made it into the actual HoT prepurchase though. Which is a shame.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

Where does this come from that new players get more stuff than already existing players when pre-ordering? (Ive seen it a few times but cant remember reading it from an official anet post)

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Where does this come from that new players get more stuff than already existing players when pre-ordering? (Ive seen it a few times but cant remember reading it from an official anet post)

The only thing I can think of is that the expansion has the core game bundled with it. Since veteran players don’t really need that, it is really intended as a gift for those who are just coming to the game. But…everyone gets the bundle…not just new players. If there is anything else, I am not aware of it.

The ultimate edition

xarallei.4279

It’s nothing else, that’s the only reason they are complaining. Because veterans are “owed” something apparently because newbies get the core game. -_-

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

Not that were owed, just conpensation would be nice because it feels now that they are favoring the new players other veterans. If they would’ve given both parties something then everyone would be happy, like an extra char slot. Now we will have to buy an extra slot from them to be able to play with the new class…

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Be aware…brand new accounts will obtain a Heroic (standard) edition of the core game. This includes a Legacy Armor set, a Mithril box, some boosters, etc.

Veterans, depending on when they first purchased the game may not have a Heroic edition yet, though everyone…eventually…will end up with the Heroic edition (and the bonuses that edition includes), as the SKUs no longer support the old, original edition.

Good luck.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Veterans, depending on when they first purchased the game may not have a Heroic edition yet, though everyone…eventually…will end up with the Heroic edition (and the bonuses that edition includes), as the SKUs no longer support the old, original edition.

I have not seen where Anet stated that. I may have over looked in it in the mess the forums have been over the last few days. Can you link me the source where everyone who had the old SKUs will get it in the future so I can reference it if someone else asks.

I upgraded my base game (old SKU pre-heroic) and didn’t receive any of the Heroic items. As far as I know I now am running under the new HoT SKU, so I’m wondering if I will get those items eventually.

The Burninator

The ultimate edition

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can find the statement, more or less, in News and Information. Anyone that had a Beta account (played in a HoT Beta), when reverted back to a regular account, was given the Heroic SKU, if they did not already have it.

Thus, once you play in an upcoming beta, and then your account is reverted to a regular live game account (before the release of HoT), you should get those bonus items.

I suppose that any accounts purchased pre-August 2013 that never upgrade (to any other version, expansion or Deluxe/CE), or take part in a beta, can keep the old SKU and never obtain said bonuses. My bad.

The ultimate edition

JustTrogdor.7892

Hmm I don’t know if that applies anymore for people that have upgraded. I’m familiar with why people received those items via the previous betas due to replacing inactive SKUs. However, like I said in my case, I had a version with the no longer used SKU. Now that I have upgraded to HoT as far as I am aware I now am running a currently active SKU. In other words I no longer have an inactive SKU for them to have to change to an active one. I guess we will see after the next beta.

The Burninator

The ultimate edition

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Regardless, the OP wondered why some people (specifically new accounts) who purchased the Ultimate got those bonuses, and others didn’t, and that is why. They come as part of the Heroic edition of the core game.

The ultimate edition

JustTrogdor.7892

I was never questioning that part of your post.

The Burninator

The ultimate edition

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Fantastic! Just trying to get the thread back on topic! =)

The ultimate edition

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

The only thing the Ultimate Edition offers is a discount on gems. That’s it.

No physical items, and nothing new compared to the Deluxe Edition. Only a fool would buy it over the Deluxe version.

The ultimate edition

JustTrogdor.7892

No physical items, and nothing new compared to the Deluxe Edition. Only a fool would buy it over the Deluxe version.

Well, I don’t know about being a fool for buying it. Take me for example. I buy gems regularly. So my justification for buying it over the Deluxe edition was that I received $50 of gems I would have purchased anyway for half price, $25. That seems like a wise choice to someone like myself and others that buy gems. I’d say if you ever think you are going to buy gems then it is foolish not to purchase the Ultimate version over Deluxe since I don’t think I have ever seen gems go on sale.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Where does it say it comes with an unlimited set (I assume you mean gathering tools?) and a bag upgrade? I’ve not seen any of that listed as part of any edition of HoT.

Well, I don’t know about being a fool for buying it. Take me for example. I buy gems regularly. So my justification for buying it over the Deluxe edition was that I received $50 of gems I would have purchased anyway for half price, $25. That seems like a wise choice to someone like myself and others that buy gems. I’d say if you ever think you are going to buy gems then it is foolish not to purchase the Ultimate version over Deluxe since I don’t think I have ever seen gems go on sale.

I’ve been thinking about getting the Ultimate Edition for the same reason. I want the Deluxe Edition of HoT and I buy gems periodically. This way instead of spending £59.99 for the expansion and £42.50 over time on gems I buy the gems in bulk (and spend them gradually) and get the Deluxe Edition for £37.49 – only slightly more than the base version.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

The ultimate edition

xeerus.1645

You need to go through the whole serial upgrade. Take it slow, it saids it all there. When you get to the part you upgrade. It lists all you get. I honestly saw bag upgrade, unlimited tool set, etc.

The ultimate edition

JustTrogdor.7892

You need to go through the whole serial upgrade. Take it slow, it saids it all there. When you get to the part you upgrade. It lists all you get. I honestly saw bag upgrade, unlimited tool set, etc.

Unlimited gathering tools have never been a part of any edition and are not a part of any expansion upgrade edition. If you have a screen shot or source please share it as something must have changed very very recently without being documented.

The most recent core game before the expansion pre-purchase, the heroic edition, came with a suit of legacy armor, a mithril box, and 10 XP boosters. As IC stated, new players/new accounts probably receive those items listed as they were included in the most recent core game.

I upgraded from the basic edition pre-heroic to the Ultimate upgrade and received the items that come with the Ultimate edition as listed on the website. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

The ultimate edition

xeerus.1645

Honestly, I have to buy another. I got a friend buying Ultimate Edition. He will be a new player. I will let you know what he receives.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

If anyone is talking about “unlimited” tools or bag upgrades they most likely mean this: http://i.imgur.com/jSgoNBX.png

Then again I don’t understand why anyone would think they are part of the expansion.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

The ultimate edition

xeerus.1645

Hmm, with the ultimate edition, you still get the items, 4k gems, and character slot + beta slot.

The ultimate edition

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If OP was talking about unlimited gathering tools, Inventory bags slots, or anything else other than what is clearly marked as included with the Deluxe/Ultimate editions, I have no idea what he is on about, then.

My apologies.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Wow, this is plain wrong.

What about people who were going to buy gems anyway. They get those gems at a discount. A 50% discount.

So if you going to buy the $75 version and you get $50 worth of gems for the $100 version, you’re getting the $75 versions for $50 with a character slot, and everything else. I’m going to buy gems, might as well get the now.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

And get this every edition gets a wopping yumongus 3 explorable zones to explore x 3 layers that’s a total of 9 layers. With the first map I have also concluded that at most a full HOT map is equal to 150% of a Guild Wars 2 map so the HOT map surface is equal to 4 and a half maps. Now isn’t that worth a full $30? I think so. Go ahead and enjoy it for the full 1 month it will last you at $50, $75 or $100 smackaroons.

Please don’t remind me what else is in the expansion because those things will not keep you logged in once it’s all been done and explored.
A friend of mine did pay $100 and he even knew it was only 3 zones he told me so himself, I hope he has a lot of fun with it, I’m out not of the game I love it but I am out until it drops below $30 because it isn’t worth a penny more to me.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

If OP was talking about unlimited gathering tools, Inventory bags slots, or anything else other than what is clearly marked as included with the Deluxe/Ultimate editions, I have no idea what he is on about, then.

My apologies.

It clearly states those who purchased the game also purchased these other thing.
So they paid extra for the extra irrelevant digital junk.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

I bought the ultimate edition last night and was pleasantly surprised with the extra character slot. I didn’t expect to get that. $99 for 4000 gems, the skins, the slot, and the expansion seems like a great deal to me. I’ll go against most on this board and say I am very satisfied.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

And get this every edition gets a wopping yumongus 3 explorable zones to explore x 3 layers that’s a total of 9 layers. With the first map I have also concluded that at most a full HOT map is equal to 150% of a Guild Wars 2 map so the HOT map surface is equal to 4 and a half maps. Now isn’t that worth a full $30? I think so. Go ahead and enjoy it for the full 1 month it will last you at $50, $75 or $100 smackaroons.

Please don’t remind me what else is in the expansion because those things will not keep you logged in once it’s all been done and explored.
A friend of mine did pay $100 and he even knew it was only 3 zones he told me so himself, I hope he has a lot of fun with it, I’m out not of the game I love it but I am out until it drops below $30 because it isn’t worth a penny more to me.

I will of course explore the PvE maps, but my main enjoyment in this game is the WvW. Those maps have kept me entertained for almost 3 years now and they changed very little. I bought the ultimate edition not only for the half off gems, but to support a company that for 2.5 years has IMO tried it’s best to make many different types of players happy.

If the price is to high for what it offers you then of course wait, but I’m more than happy with what I will be getting.

edit: clarity

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

The ultimate edition

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My apologies.

It clearly states those who purchased the game also purchased these other thing.
So they paid extra for the extra irrelevant digital junk.

It doesn’t say anything about Unlimited Gathering Tools or Inventory Bags slots.

As for ‘junk’…one man’s junk is another man’s treasure. Personally, I would be very interested in a cool, effect-laden Glider skin, and decorations for my Guild Hall. Of course, y(personal)mmv.

The ultimate edition

xarallei.4279

Not true at all. The Ultimate edition is the best value out of all of them. $50 worth of gems plus all the goodies that deluxe offers. It’s an excellent deal, especially if you buy gems normally.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

If you are getting HOT and use the gem store then ultimate is probably the best choice if you can afford it. For $50 you get $50 of gems, a character slot, and various stuff.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The question does not seem to be asking if hot is worth it. There are thousands of posts on that, whether it is worth it for non-newbies, and so on. The question I read was asking what the ultimate edition included.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Wow, this is plain wrong.

What about people who were going to buy gems anyway. They get those gems at a discount. A 50% discount.

So if you going to buy the $75 version and you get $50 worth of gems for the $100 version, you’re getting the $75 versions for $50 with a character slot, and everything else. I’m going to buy gems, might as well get the now.

And this just proves my point. The Ultimate edition only offers a $25 discount for gems. That is the only difference compared to the Deluxe version.

What is so ultimate about a $25 discount anyway? Other things should have been included besides that.

The ultimate edition

Posted by: JNetRocks.3652

JNetRocks.3652

What is so ultimate about a $25 discount anyway? Other things should have been included besides that.

This, all over. It’s just so kitten boring. Even the fluff items… just aren’t that cool. Minis especially kitten me off because they’re not even ‘designed’ minis (like WoW has awesome minis that are unique). 90% of the minis in GW2 are literally just small copies of models that already exist in the game. They take 0 effort to make and are very expensive to purchase.

I’d have loved to see something more like a unique armor or weapon set. A unique back item like a guild cape skin or something.