Thief Solo Mordremoth Video Guide

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

I recently finished a guide for thieves (and everyone else) on how to solo mordremoth. Downed him several weeks ago just recently had time to finish the video. Even though its a thief guide there are several tricks other classes can do too and also the fight is included in the video (at 7minutes if you want to skip ahead) along with Dialogue Boxes that tell you exactly what to dodge and what to do.

ps: spoilers in the video.

https://youtu.be/Upxx2CWaWUI

Guide Breakdown:

1) Specializations: Critical Strikes, Deadly Arts, Daredevil
2) Utilities: Optional. Recommend Stealths and/or Condition Removal.
3) Weapons: Dagger/Dagger, Pistol/Pistol
4) Boss fight
5) Loot

• Because this fight is a mechanic fight and knowing what to dodge and not stand in etc the specializations, utilities and weapons are pretty optional so play what you enjoy. In the video I just mention what I ran and why.

Full tips, tricks, hints, guide in the video.

Brief Tip List:

1) Stealth is your friend. The adds he spawns (illusions of your friends) will run away when stealthed so you can literally have them run back and forth not attacking you while you range/stealth them lol.

2) Melee attacks are obvious. Evades work quite well. D/D 3 has death blossom. S/D 3 has an evade too. Other classes like mesmers can take advantage of this too.

3) Don’t stand in the lightning. Hurts and causes torment. If you can’t remove it run out of lightning then don’t move till its gone. Purple/Blueish aura around him at times causes confusion, remove it or don’t attack till gone. Shockwave is similar to the fractal boss from frost and flame, get close to him to be safe.

4) “Run into” the updraft to glide. DON’T try “jumping” into it to glide like in the rest of the game. It doesn’t work and you will die. lol. It’s either a confirmed bug or a bad design mechanic but just run into it.

5) Stealth gliding makes avoiding the rocks a lot easier.

6) Daredevils get 3 stealth glides

7)You can’t cripple most of the illusion adds, but you can immobilize most of them.

8) Stealth makes closing rifts easier

Hope you guys like the guide and video! Was a lot of fun making it and my first one in a long time. While I included tips on here I go into a lot more detail explaining my choices in the video so definitely check that out too if you get the chance. Both the 7 minute intro about the specializations, utilities and weapon choices along with the actual boss fight that also has a lot of info in it too that you can read in the pop up dialogue boxes.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

This is for regular story mode right? Not with difficulty increase or other stuff like that.

The fight for me was kinda easy with thief didn’t know ppl had issues with it. Hell i didn’t even have the spec fully unlocked if i remember correctly. So no fancy dodges and such.

That being said it’s nice u made a well made video about it. Thumbs up.

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

The only thing difficult about story mode mordremoth is trying to kill him without the fight bugging and and needing to restart (again…)

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

The only thing difficult about story mode mordremoth is trying to kill him without the fight bugging and and needing to restart (again…)

This, fight is really easy, the problem is lagging that 1 second you need to get into the air, or some kitten bug, or my favorite: rift channel interruption.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Thanks for the video and the tips.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Youtube blocked access to your video from Germany because of its music.

Attachments:

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Still works in english. Weird. I know I was playing music in the background but lots of people do that, and gave them credit. Maybe I’ll upload one with no sound.

This is for regular story mode right? Not with difficulty increase or other stuff like that.

The fight for me was kinda easy with thief didn’t know ppl had issues with it. Hell i didn’t even have the spec fully unlocked if i remember correctly. So no fancy dodges and such.

That being said it’s nice u made a well made video about it. Thumbs up.

Thanks. I’m glad you liked the video. Personally I don’t think the fight itself is that hard either once you get past some of the bugs. Others think HoT is a lot harder now than the original gw2 and in a lot of ways it is. Guess this video is for them. Either way it is time consuming and while I saw a few videos on youtube later didn’t really see any guides so figured why not and it would be a cool way to help others. Wasn’t really impressed with some of the guides on the forums either as they didn’t say that much. Think seeing it in action combined with reading the strategy while watching it is very helpful.

Maybe we can get a group together and do an extreme mode guide

(edited by Chrono.6928)

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Still works in english. Weird. I know I was playing music in the background but lots of people do that, and gave them credit.

Youtube/Google and the german GEMA could not agree about how much money YouTube has to pay to GEMA for playing licensed music, so Youtube/Google decided to block access from Germany for videos that have music that may could fall under the GEMA-license rights to not violate copyright laws etc. within Germany.

Maybe I’ll upload one with no sound.

That would solve the problem.