Thief with Rifle hinted?

Thief with Rifle hinted?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

So…..

Thief with rifle? Sniper?

This guy does not look much like an Engineer to me honestly.

This is from the trailer for HOT.

Attachments:

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Nop. For what we know it could be an engi. And if you’re excited about the headband…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/d/d5/Norn_male_hair_styles.png/800px-Norn_male_hair_styles.png

Yes this is base norn hair style.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

I hope thief doesn’t end up with rifle.

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Engi was shown with hammer, if you notice professions had “theme” specific armor in the trailer, I’ll accept it as long as it supports a bayonet playstyle and not a sniper which warrior fills already.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

Most likely thief with rifle because they showed engineer with a hammer. Why would they show an engineer with a rifle in a HoT trailer??

Also, thief has no land range 1200 weapon.

I think it fits well, and I hope it is sniper inspired

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Engi was shown with hammer, if you notice professions had “theme” specific armor in the trailer, I’ll accept it as long as it supports a bayonet playstyle and not a sniper which warrior fills already.

Warrior fulfills Infantry playstyle. Snipers are entirely different.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m hoping it’s more of a “gunslinger” type of concept. Maybe a snipe shot, but not a full blown sniping set up.

I’m hoping that steal gets replaced with some kind of “hold and build” function. Picture two gunslingers facing off in an old west movie. That long, drawn out moment where they’re each waiting for the first move. Such a mechanic would fit that perfectly.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Most likely thief with rifle because they showed engineer with a hammer. Why would they show an engineer with a rifle in a HoT trailer??

While I’m not against thieves getting rifles, your logic here is flawed.

They showed other non-specialized classes in the trailer too, so that very well could be an unspecialized engi just as much as it could be a specialized thief. I am actually leaning more towards unspecialized because the specialized “hints” where much more distinct. The engi with drones and its hammer, the mesmer with its shield and new skill with butterfly effects. This was a very brief flash of an indistinct medium class with no tells.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

They showed other non-specialized classes in the trailer too, so that very well could be an unspecialized engi just as much as it could be a specialized thief. I am actually leaning more towards unspecialized because the specialized “hints” where much more distinct. The engi with drones and its hammer, the mesmer with its shield and new skill with butterfly effects. This was a very brief flash of an indistinct medium class with no tells.

Hints for Guardian’s longbow were also quite hidden, yet they were found and are hard to deny now. A spellcaster with a MH sword and a non-mesmery theme was also present in the trailer, and we know necros are getting a greatsword instead, so some people thought it would be the elementalist’s new weapon. Several weeks later, and we got a leak confirming that eles will indeed get a MH sword.

I’m not saying this confirms anything, but anet’s videos have been full of very small hints already.

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Hoping for thief rifle. I haven’t gone for a legendary before but I’m trying to go for The Predator so my covops armor thief can have a proper extremely loud rifle. My warrior and engineer just wouldn’t be worthy of such a marvelous thing.

I think thief gets rifle if for no other reason than that only two classes can use rifle atm. They need more rifle action!

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Awaltir.5302

Awaltir.5302

Hoping for thief rifle. I haven’t gone for a legendary before but I’m trying to go for The Predator so my covops armor thief can have a proper extremely loud rifle. My warrior and engineer just wouldn’t be worthy of such a marvelous thing.

I think thief gets rifle if for no other reason than that only two classes can use rifle atm. They need more rifle action!

If we will get this i just hope we won’t hip shot with this as engi because it looks so lame

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

If Thief gets Rifle, I hope it’s some sort of pirate. Someone who steals by raiding a place and looting everything instead of one who steals by stealth.

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

Could simply be an Npc you know.

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Hints for Guardian’s longbow were also quite hidden, yet they were found and are hard to deny now. A spellcaster with a MH sword and a non-mesmery theme was also present in the trailer, and we know necros are getting a greatsword instead, so some people thought it would be the elementalist’s new weapon. Several weeks later, and we got a leak confirming that eles will indeed get a MH sword.

I’m not saying this confirms anything, but anet’s videos have been full of very small hints already.

Oh I’m not denying that there might have been / were small hints per se. Just that the logic was flawed in assuming that just because it was a medium armor that it was a thief.

And where did we get the confirmation of the ele MH sword? I missed that tidbit! (Exciting, as I main an ele lol)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

This was my thought as well. I think there is a lot of projecting what we want professions to have on to the video. I want the Thief to have a rifle, but there is no hard evidence pointing to that being set in stone.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

So with the beta available now is this confirmed yet? necromancer get the greatsword? any other confirmed officially new weapons for other professions?

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

So with the beta available now is this confirmed yet? necromancer get the greatsword? any other confirmed officially new weapons for other professions?

The beta is not available now. There was a stress test consisting mostly of the demo given at PAX/Rezzed, so there is no new information other than what could be gleaned from having a hundred people doing the demo at the same time.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

This was my thought as well. I think there is a lot of projecting what we want professions to have on to the video. I want the Thief to have a rifle, but there is no hard evidence pointing to that being set in stone.

There is no hard evidence that says anything for thief. However, the speculation revolving around thieves getting rifles is based off multiple things coming from anet and their track record. Assuming they’ll maintain their course (which is also part of their track record), thief has a high chance of getting rifle. Doesn’t mean it’ll be good but it’ll be something.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Oh God, did not even consider that. Thief with rifle means you can use Predator on one set, and dual Incinerator as the other. That would be AMAZING.

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I also hope thief’s sniper rifle doesn’t outdamage ranger’s LB…
But I think it will, unfortunately. It would probably work like rifle in Winterdays snowball PVP. (damage and range depending on charge time, and you can charge it while stealth… OP as hell)

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

The ideas people have about thieves and rifles in these threads makes me think they just want another warrior. If we take what people have posted about the thief and the rifle, we’ll have a bunch of “thieves” walking around a map Terminator style shooting bazookas from the hip with pirate hats and night vision goggles. Just give us an un-armed specialization with some nice new animations and give the fluffy blouse commandos a better rifle to steal.

Kash
NSP

Thief with Rifle hinted?

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

The ideas people have about thieves and rifles in these threads makes me think they just want another warrior. If we take what people have posted about the thief and the rifle, we’ll have a bunch of “thieves” walking around a map Terminator style shooting bazookas from the hip with pirate hats and night vision goggles. Just give us an un-armed specialization with some nice new animations and give the fluffy blouse commandos a better rifle to steal.

I think the people who what rifle just want a 1200 range option. I’m not opposed to rifle I’m opposed to the idea that optimal play on a thief should be 1200 units away from your target.

A long time ago I posted a rifle concept on the thief forms where the thief would basically shoot into the shadows and the bullet would randomly exit the shadows to hit your target at unpredictable angles to misdirect them. I think rifle could be interesting just not the long range version that most are asking for.