Think gliding battle will be amazing

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dawn Wulven.1485

Dawn Wulven.1485

I feel the gliding battle now likes playing Kraken of Evolve Stage 2.XD
Maybe remove gliding skill 4(skill 5 owned dodge effect) , and add a new skill that have stun effect will be fine.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

If enemies had gliders, I could only imagine potentially epic dogfights and aerial combats. It’d look epic. :P

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

It is pretty amazing so far. The glider skills are quite powerful. In fact, I’ve noticed they seem to do much more than their tooltip indicates.

For instance, the tooltip for glider skill 2 indicates that it strikes 3 times and causes a 2s knockdown within a small (200) radius. But in practice I believe the target circle is significantly larger than indicated, and when I tested it out yesterday it cycled 5 times (and it could be more than that because it was critting for over 5k per hit and all of the enemies died from just this attack).

Glider 5 simply says it’s a 4s evade. It says nothing about the high-speed dash or the fact that it grants stability that lingers after the evade.

Glider 3 seems to work as indicated and is very nice for group play or any time you’re about to land in a pile of enemies. Why not drop a massive 6s water field that pulses regen, right?

I agree on glider skill 4, but the tooltip is misleading. It indicates a rather useless 1s evade. What it doesn’t tell you is that it’s also a decent heal. Still, I would prefer to see this ability reworked into something more useful. Either remove the evade and increase the heal or, better yet, give us a reflect instead of another evade.

In any event, turning the glider into a proper weapon set was a brilliant move. Especially since the way it works you can actually get quite a bit of use out of these skills on the ground by utilizing the terrain. You only need a brief moment of glider deployment to activate a glider skill. For instance, you can begin initiating a skill channel while the glider is briefly deployed, then finish the channel on foot! Or use glider 5 as a long range evade dash across the ground. You just have to have a slight elevation difference enough to get that glider out for a split second.

You’d be surprised the kind of damage the AA does, too. It’s variable, causing more damage the closer you are. A single brief pulse of AA just in the half-second of glider deployment was landing for 15k crits on the treasure mushroom I tested it out on yesterday. That’s pretty solid!

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Maybe remove gliding skill 4(skill 5 owned dodge effect) , and add a new skill that have stun effect will be fine.

Better yet, add a skill to keep us in the air longer – almost no dropping. Air combat in Perfectworld was pretty good, It was basically just the same as land being that you could hover.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Better yet, add a skill to keep us in the air longer – almost no dropping. Air combat in Perfectworld was pretty good, It was basically just the same as land being that you could hover.

I was hoping the #5 would go in the direction you aim with your character.

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I was hoping the #5 would go in the direction you aim with your character.

There is a nice little trick where you can hit an updraft, then execute glider 5 while it’s lifting you. The dash turns vertical and you can get extra lift.

Posted by: Ash.5274

Ash.5274

If we do ever get glider-based aerial combat, I want to be able to stand on the ground and hurl rocks at gliding White Mantle, never missing a shot, even when they’re not even in visual range. Payback will never be sweeter.