Three New Legendaries. Period. For Real?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: cerberouse.7680

cerberouse.7680

So i’m a pretty hard-core fashion hunter and thankfully, GW2 goes to lengths to facilitate this addiction by making changing my appearance to what i want VERY easy. Knowing the expansion was on the horizon, i pre-purchased it, expecting a plethora of new style, skins, weapon appearances and armors to flounce about Tyria in for hours to come.

Much to my chagrin after prowling the forums for a few minutes i come to find that there are only NINE new armor styles in the entire expansion – period. Full stop. Nine.

This irked me tremendously, honestly i felt like i’d been hosed with my own self-fabricated false promises (ANet never said there’d be a ton of new styles :s) – but at least there would be a new set of Legendary Weapons to gather now, right? They showed those three weapons, H.O.P.E, Nevermore and what ever the axe was called as a taster for the new set of Legendary items that would be presented for each Weapon Type on release, right? Whelp apparently that’s not the case either, those three i mentioned are the only new Legendaries being added to the game, according to the forum.

Seriously, as a fashion-hunter i’ve never been more disappointed in an expansion in my entire online gaming career, I feel like i just spent 50$ on a 20$ product; i can only imagine how the folks who dropped 100$ must feel at this point having obviously expected something truly grand only to wind up with a grind-fest coated in a layer of frosty mediocrity in regards to the gears diversity of appearance. :c

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Don’t play then. The rest of us are having fun.

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I could of sworn anet confirmed it would launch with 3 a whole ago, and the others would be added in with new living story with a way they make sense to fit with the story

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

If you’re having fun, you wouldn’t be trolling the forums now would you?

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

nope.

lot of us are not satisfied

Posted by: Twisey.2081

Twisey.2081

No no, 3 right now, they have said as time goes on, ( the near future I presume) they will definitely be adding more and more.

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Who are “The rest of us” ?
This must be a social group/cult I’m not a part of.

[varX] Limitless Potential

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Who are “The rest of us” ?
This must be a social group/cult I’m not a part of.

Yes, much like the elusive and certainly overestimated “[a] lot of us” from a couple posts up.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: metal chill.8490

metal chill.8490

Do not lie sir.

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

No no, 3 right now, they have said as time goes on, ( the near future I presume) they will definitely be adding more and more.

Don’t count on it, it took the almost a year to come up with three and they still missed the deadline.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: cerberouse.7680

cerberouse.7680

Of course we’d get one of you folks in this thread, i swear these kinds of people are prevalent in poorly designed games and insanely annoying. I picked up Vermintide a week ago and when ever someone would submit a bug report to the forum, someone like Zypher here would go onto their thread and tell them, “IT’s beta, of course its got bugs! Stop complaining that this or that doesn’t work or don’t play!” – It’s sickening.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I said from the start that Anet had nothing to show when the business direction was changed except for some episodes of ls2 maybe. They hastily thre a bunch of stuff together that was proven although grindy and threw it out as fast as they could. I am sure that the game will see some patches over time that returns it more to the core games idea. but for now what you see is either a gnawing management issue or a total surprise for the developers when they got the news that there will be expansions, not ls anymore.