Three legendaries?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Rubi talks about Legendaries a bit in her thread. There will be a PoI on the new Legendaries in the future. The ‘A Legendary Journey’ News Blog talked about a ‘handful’ of Legendaries at release long ago.

Good luck.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

This expansion just seems less and less appealing with each new announcement. I hope challenging group content isn’t disappointment.

Three legendaries?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s not really new. The News Blog on Legendaries was months ago.

Regardless, hope you find something satisfying after release.

Good luck.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

lucky i havent purchase HOT.
(no new dungeon, disappointing new class. . disappointing legendary backpack )
i really need to think about it.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Lohel.8579

Lohel.8579

Well, this is disappointing… It feels more and more like I bought HoT but got LS season 3 instead.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

You won’t able to get all of them in day one anyway, what’s the different between 15 legendaries and 3 legendaries + updates later.

i believe the new legendaries are come with a bit of lore behind, and by introduction of mastery system, more legendaries revealed with background story. Sounds fun to me.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

I’m still waiting for the legendary PoI to past any judgment. There are still people going around saying HoT will have only one map added.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They said very early on that the legendaries wouldnt be released in one go and that only a few would be available from day 1 of the expac, with more to follow after.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Warhorn, torch and focus…

I really hope they have more than 3 new legendaries and that this article is wrong. I mean seriously these are just skins with some particle effect and some classes would be left without a new legendary to craft for their new elite profession.

Three legendaries?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Considering there are now ‘quests/collections’ associated with each new Legendary/Precursor, I don’t think it’s just ‘skins and particle effects’.

Thus, it may take more development, or the Devs may want to associate them with more of the story than before.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Considering there are now ‘quests/collections’ associated with each new Legendary/Precursor, I don’t think it’s just ‘skins and particle effects’.

Thus, it may take more development, or the Devs may want to associate them with more of the story than before.

They can just make the collections and have people choose a skin when they complete it.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They can just make the collections and have people choose a skin when they complete it.

But that would remove the whole thing they want to fix with the new system. That each legendary have a story to it. A thing that was one of the major complaints about Legendaries at release. They are all built in the exact same way and they have a grand total of no story at all.

Just putting a collection before the exact same thing would change nothing.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Three legendaries?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I for one would rather have release sooner instead of waiting months just so that they can get all legendaries ready.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You won’t able to get all of them in day one anyway, what’s the different between 15 legendaries and 3 legendaries + updates later.

Because it’s a guarantee that those 3 won’t universally appeal to everyone. To maximize appeal they would probably go with the new staff, greatsword, and dagger. Tough nuts to anyone who wanted a different weapon type or who find the ones we do get to be unattractive.

And this is Anet, where ‘later’ could mean a month later or a year later with little news or updates to let us know which.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Three legendaries?

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I for one would rather have release sooner instead of waiting months just so that they can get all legendaries ready.

I for one would like to see concept of unfinished legendaries yet so at least i can decide if i should wait for them. Why waiting for another hammer that looks like a staff? …

Edit;

Tbh i think they shouldnt release any new legendaries till they wont make full set. Its simply unfair if it happen that my class cant use one of these 3 weapons..

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

Three legendaries?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, by the time anyone/everyone makes their way through the several Mastery tracks dealing with the present Precursors, which come (and must be completed) before the track(s) for the New Precursor track, they will have released or have news on (some or all of) the remaining Legendaries.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

What a setup for massive disappointment. Waiting until they had a full set of weapons ready would have been a much better decision. Now we’re going to end up with quite a few upset that none of their preferred weapons are included at release.

Even releasing half a set would be a lot better, because that would at least give every profession a couple options. Releasing with only three is just begging for another PR disaster.

This also gives me the impression of just rushing what they do have done out the door, instead of giving us a finished product. Sorry Anet, I won’t be paying you today for a hamburger content update Tuesday.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

Hahahahahaha that would make me laugh so hard ! xD
It would be such a trolly move.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Hahahahahaha that would make me laugh so hard ! xD
It would be such a trolly move.

I’m honestly expecting the 3 legendaries to be the 3 underwater weapons :P

Three legendaries?

mrstealth.6701

I’ll be surprised if one of them isn’t yet another greatsword.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

This man knows business. Heck, why not just ask for 50$ for nothing, and say: “Hey, for this fifty bucks, you are gonna get something sometime later!”

No one would pay for that. Oh wait, Season passes, never mind.

Three legendaries?

mrstealth.6701

No one would pay for that. Oh wait, Season passes, never mind.

Even season passes often give more information that what we’ve seen about HoT’s playable content. But this type of business practice will never end if people keep forking over money for it.

I can’t help but be disappointed when I think of just how many people are going to pre-order the next Assassin’s Creed game, when they already know how much of a disaster the last one was.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Dinsy.2491

Dinsy.2491

Let’s not forget that all the existing legendaries are getting the same treatment, so they’ll all have scavenger hunter/quest style content to acquire the precursor skins and other components come HoT. Which might not be much of a plus if you have all the legendaries you want already but for me it means i can go the ones i am missing with less RNG.

Three legendaries?

Bubi.7942

Let’s not forget that all the existing legendaries are getting the same treatment, so they’ll all have scavenger hunter/quest style content to acquire the precursor skins and other components come HoT. Which might not be much of a plus if you have all the legendaries you want already but for me it means i can go the ones i am missing with less RNG.

And do you think they have any of those quests/hunts ready now/at release?

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya it’s very disappointing. I remember that they announced new legendary for the end of 2013 in a post long long time ago and we’ll get only 3 by the end of 2015. My only hope at this point is that each month after the expansion, they will introduce a new legendary weapon. But even if they do that, they will probably only start like 3-4 months after the expansion because you know anet and breaks.

I already bought the expansion and I’m sure I’ll have fun with my guild and friends for a couple of months. But overall the expansion is kind of disappointing. They could still surprise us, but …

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

“Don’t worry guys…this big feature patch…i mean expansion will allow us to add more legendaries in the next 3 years!”…“trust us….just buy it…tons of cool features…and…u know….stuff.”

You won’t able to get all of them in day one anyway, what’s the different between 15 legendaries and 3 legendaries + updates later

The big difference is ppl will have to wait god knows how much till anet unlocks the legendary item they want for their class&weapon while others get lucky with the first wave of legendaries. Also it shows how much work they are putting in this. Can’t wait to see the rage when they show off underwater legendaries when ppl are frustrated enough they don’t receive them all at the same time…and have what to choose.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Dinsy.2491

Dinsy.2491

And do you think they have any of those quests/hunts ready now/at release?

I do, as for the new ones the way i see it they are going to tie them to the living story. There is going to be lore behind them which will make them more meaningful, At least to me.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

People get so worked up over nothing, these new legendary’s mean actual content, not just crafting like the old ones. But actual things you need to do. It’s been known for a long time not all would be in the release og HoT. But in terms of content this is already far more then the old legendary’s combined. I love the idea of a weapon meaning more then “hey look i can farm/buy about 3 k gold.”

Every class has 1 legendairy now, and i am ok with them dropping in skins on a more regular timeframe, and just release them when a certain track is ready, instead of waiting, and i also am excited to see these things tied to the story more, if at all possible. I believe a gradual release of skins suggests that tough.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Three legendaries?

Bubi.7942

You know, saying that legendaries are actual content so it’s good that we are not getting them is not the best argument.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Next thing we will hear is “the GW2 launcher is actual content..be grateful you get one!”

Three legendaries?

mrstealth.6701

While I think it is good to have a more interest way of obtaining precursors, the mastery/collection system does not make up for, or excuse, only having 3 of them at launch. And it means absolutely nothing to those that do not use any of those 3 weapon types, or don’t like any of the 3 skins offered.

It’s also not something I’d be quick to label as content. We don’t even know what is involved in this process yet.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Such a shame, the expansion feels more and more like a glorified feature pack

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Dunno, i think is not bad move for several reasons

1) We’ll have a legendary Backpack to do
2) They totally reworked the legendary system with a precursor journey for every legendary
3) Many of the actual legendaries are really good so not really need to introduce an entire new set immediatly.

So if you don’t like the new three legendaries you can wait and in the meantime focusing on backpack or other old legendaries.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

Dunno, i think is not bad move for several reasons

1) We’ll have a legendary Backpack to do
2) They totally reworked the legendary system with a precursor journey for every legendary
3) Many of the actual legendary are really good so not really need to introduce an entire new set immediatly.

So if you don’t like the new three legendaries you can wait and in the meantime focusing on backpack or other old legendary.

I think it’s more about the lack of content we are getting. There’s arguments to be made on that of course, but with how little information we’ve gotten so far its easy to say this expansion isn’t living up to the expectations an “expansion” sets fourth.

Side note…. If one of them is ANOTHER great sword I’m driving over to there office and rioting….

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Debuti.6017

Debuti.6017

If we are really getting just 3 new legendaries, I think they should be pistol and both bows. the other legendaries skins look fine for me.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

You know, saying that legendaries are actual content so it’s good that we are not getting them is not the best argument.

Yes it is, we are getting 3 new legendary’s, not the same with crafting but actually content created specificly for them.

Stop thinking of them in the same way as the old legendary’s. They are not the same, and eventually everyone will have their pick, and when everyone has had one, they can just add more and more, without needing an actual group release.

I think it’s more about the lack of content we are getting. There’s arguments to be made on that of course, but with how little information we’ve gotten so far its easy to say this expansion isn’t living up to the expectations an “expansion” sets fourth.

This drives me kittening insane. Gw2 is like buying a season pass. The money you pay for this expansion is your season ticket for the entire season 3 and i think even 4 living world, and everything coming with that.

So even if HoT comes with fewer content then you expect, wich i honestly don’t believe could happen in a million years, coming from a company that made the GW1 “expansions” just stand alone games and then made GW2 allot bigger, even then, when you say, it’s not enough, you take no account for the worth you are getting out of the living world. Right now what i have seen, it’s already double if not tripple the content of a “Wow” expansion on it’s own. All classes are getting complete overhauls, new class, new areas way more vast then anything i’ve seen in wow or even GW2 itself, and i’ve seen only 25% of the first area. And may i remind you wow charges the same amount of money AND require a monthly fee, while actually having less content…

I want this game to improve like everyone, but seriously it’s time to stop fooling yourself. If you don’t trust that it’s worth the money they charge for it, DO NOT PREPURCHASE. More information will become available closer to the launch and if you prepurchased already without even having the slightest bit of faith in the company that is your own kitten fault. It does not entitle you to anything. I prepurchased because i love GW2 and all the content since launch to me was already worth allot more then the money i’m paying for an expansion now.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Three legendaries?

mrstealth.6701

Yes it is, we are getting 3 new legendary’s, not the same with crafting but actually content created specificly for them.

We don’t really know enough to make that claim. All we’ve seen is that it looks like another collection. Many of the required items are quite probably linked to achievements in content we’d be doing anyway. Are the achievements in LS2 required to get luminescent armor really content in addition to the LS itself?

This drives me kittening insane. Gw2 is like buying a season pass. The money you pay for this expansion is your season ticket for the entire season 3 and i think even 4 living world, and everything coming with that.

So even if HoT comes with fewer content then you expect, wich i honestly don’t believe could happen in a million years, coming from a company that made the GW1 “expansions” just stand alone games and then made GW2 allot bigger, even then, when you say, it’s not enough, you take no account for the worth you are getting out of the living world.

So far, the living story has been marketed as being supported by gemstore sales. In fact, it wasn’t all that long ago when Anet stated (in an interview, I believe last year) that the gemstore fueled LS business model was successful and planned to continue for the foreseeable future. The same should still be true for LS content released after the initial retail release of HoT. So that leaves HoT’s initial release to stand on its own as kitten product.

As for GW1’s campaigns/expansion, we were given details, and even allowed to preview a good bit of content before they started trying to push us into buying it. We’re only seeing tiny, insignificant samples of HoT. And they’re asking for money to be able to see that, unless you were lucky enough to get invited to one of the short stress tests earlier this year.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

People get so worked up over nothing, these new legendary’s mean actual content, not just crafting like the old ones. But actual things you need to do.

They announced the legendary for the end of 2013. I understand that the concept changed over time, but 2 freaking years to only get 3. The new collection/scavenger hunt is content only if we make one. 3 weapons our of 19, there is a great chance that people won’t want any of those 3 just because they don’t use them in their character.

It’s been known for a long time not all would be in the release og HoT.

It was a disappointment when they announced that too. I was sure at that time that they would only focus on Legendary for weapon use by specialisation so around 6-7 new legendary, not 3.

But in terms of content this is already far more then the old legendary’s combined. I love the idea of a weapon meaning more then “hey look i can farm/buy about 3 k gold.”

Again, only if you make them. If that content need 2 years to put all new legendary in the game so that most people only do 1 or 2. Maybe their concept at the base is just bad. Too much wait and work for a content that people will only do in a very partial way.

Every class has 1 legendairy now, and i am ok with them dropping in skins on a more regular timeframe, and just release them when a certain track is ready, instead of waiting, and i also am excited to see these things tied to the story more, if at all possible. I believe a gradual release of skins suggests that tough.

It depend. If they announce that each month after the expansion they will give us another legendary weapon, then I can be ok with that. But we have zero information and if we look at what Anet did in the past, we probably won’t have that. We probably gonna wait 3-6 months after the expansion, got 3-4 legendary, wait a couple of months, then 3-4 other legendary, etc.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I lost the hype…swtor expansion is in september….only 20€, star trek online new expansion for free….

Three legendaries?

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

-snip-

only rly gonna adress one thing, but regarding the “it only being content if we choose to use it” line. That’s not really how content works. Dungeons is content whether you actual do dungeons or avoid them like the plague, they’re still content. A collection that i choose to do is as much content as the one i choose not to do.

So ye, if you choose not to go through certain content, that content doesn’t really tend to disappear. It’s still there, and counting as content.

Anyhow, back on topic (if i wasnt alrdy :p) i had hoped for couple more, even tho i knew we weren’t getting them all at once, but i dig the concept of legendaries coming as the story develops. Hopefully that means they’re more tied to lore, but who knows really I do believe its partially because all the old precursors have had that whole rework in how they’ll be available, which might sound small, but i’m betting its a lot of work for each “scavenger” hunt" it could be a reason why they dont have a full set, but i’m not really worried tbh. I mean i dont even have one legendary yet (hoping to change that with HoT , gimme that bifrost pre plox :p) so i’ll have plenty of time before i even start looking into the directions of the otehr legendaries. So if it comes a couple onths later i dont mind.

Three legendaries?

mrstealth.6701

I do believe its partially because all the old precursors have had that whole rework in how they’ll be available, which might sound small, but i’m betting its a lot of work for each “scavenger” hunt" it could be a reason why they dont have a full set.

They’ve been talking about that idea for a couple years now. It came up not long after release, and was supposed to be coming as part of some feature update long ago. Now it just looks like something that’s been pushed back and shoved into HoT to make it seem more substantial. Even though work on the feature has supposedly been around since before a retail expansion was even being considered.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I do believe its partially because all the old precursors have had that whole rework in how they’ll be available, which might sound small, but i’m betting its a lot of work for each “scavenger” hunt" it could be a reason why they dont have a full set.

They’ve been talking about that idea for a couple years now. It came up not long after release, and was supposed to be coming as part of some feature update long ago. Now it just looks like something that’s been pushed back and shoved into HoT to make it seem more substantial. Even though work on the feature has supposedly been around since before a retail expansion was even being considered.

Trust me i know, i’ve been waiting for it for ages since RNGesus pretty much loathes me when it comes to precursors :p

It could be pushed back on purpose to fit in with the expansion, in which case the old pre’s scavenger hunts would have been rounded off already.

But.. it could also be that they went through various concepts on how to introduce it and it kinda came together very close or at the same time they were working on the expansion. Which means they’d still have to do all the work for it.

there isn’t really a way of knowing which is the case, tho. I’m more inclined to go with the second. (ignoring countless other possible reasons that are not the ones i mentioned ofc ) but that’s just me.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

I understand they are reworking the system, but I really wasn’t expecting that many, I thought It would be around 6, ish. So 3 batches of legendaries to roll out.

So what if worst comes to worst and after the initial 3 legendaries we have a sizeable gap for the next batch, say 1-3 months, and then what if it’s only another 3 or another low number. They’ve got 19 to roll out.

Someone could potentially be waiting 6+months for their legendary weapon of choice to even come out, THEN they’ve got to actually earn it, or what if after all these months for the weapon to be revealed they don’t even like it? It’s just silly.

Or who knows, maybe in the 2nd batch is contains 10 I don’t know.

They could at least show concept art (if it’s even done T_T) so we know if we’d like to wait.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

If this does turn out to be accurate, then it’s just another nail in the coffin for me. Right next to the last announcement they made, but that’s a thread on it’s own. The whole expansion seems really weak and I can’t imagine it keeping anyone entertained for 3 more years.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

I really hope they have more than 3 new legendaries and that this article is wrong. I mean seriously these are just skins with some particle effect and some classes would be left without a new legendary to craft for their new elite profession.

Couldn’t agree more. The article better be way off. Three new legendaries (after all this time since launch) would be sorely disappointing.

Three legendaries?

Bubi.7942

I get what you are saying. But please don’t expect me to be be satisfied (if your theory is correct) that we are getting 3x content instead of 19x content. Doesn’t really hype me up you know.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Literally the point of an expansion is to provide a large amount of new content right then and there, not content they’ll maybe add someday in the future perhaps.

Three legendaries?

mrstealth.6701

Literally the point of an expansion is to provide a large amount of new content right then and there, not content they’ll maybe add someday in the future perhaps.

All a season pass really is, is a DLC bundle. You pay a slightly lower price, and get a previously established set of DLCs when they are released. Not a promise of a trickle of new content.

If it does turn out that this is what Anet is doing, then it’s essentially double-dipping from players. If HoT is a season pass type purchase, then what exactly are gem store purchases paying for? Where is the line between HoT content, and future gem-funded content?

Anet needs to decide what HoT really is. And they need to make that clear to their customers, especially if it means a shift in the business model GW2 operates under.

Three legendaries?

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

I for one would like to see concept of unfinished legendaries yet so at least i can decide if i should wait for them. Why waiting for another hammer that looks like a staff? …

Edit;

Tbh i think they shouldnt release any new legendaries till they wont make full set. Its simply unfair if it happen that my class cant use one of these 3 weapons..

agree…..we’ve waited this long….what’s a few more months? they can still release the “lead-up” masteries w/ HoT.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold