Tier 4 Cultural armor

Tier 4 Cultural armor

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Kinda a suggestion. Cultural armor is one of those really cool ideas in GW2 that was poorly executed in my opinion. A gold sink to get this cool armor that doesn’t have allot of prestige. I’d like to see new tiers of cultural added to the game to help diversify the races a bit more by giving players more of a reason to play as each of the races.

T4 cultural should be quested for not bought. You guys have presented us with a cool idea of questing and crafting for precursors and even did so for the Luminescent armor. So why not for cultural? Another idea is make it a unique quest for each race. It should reflect each of the race’s culture and you should have to do something different for a charr or a human. Although i’d like unique quests for each armor tier as well as each race that might not be reasonable. But I would like to be able to have a greater connection to my chosen race and feel distinctly different from others through questing and crafting this prestigious armor.

(now on the right forum.)

(edited by Lily.1935)

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Anything that gets me more options for planty armor, I’m all for. Sounds like a neat idea too.

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Wait, what?! You want them to add more armor to the game that we play for?! You mean we do stuff in the game and when everyone sees the armor they know exactly what we had to do to get it?! That would be awesome! It’d be like why a lot of us play MMOs in the first place that the marketing team has zero idea about and abandoned.

ArenaNet, don’t lose sight of why people play. Sure, you could just keep adding gem shop stuff, but there is a huge list of why that misses the mark. How many months ago did the Silverwastes armor sets come out? I guess an armor set or two every 5-6 months is cool.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

sounds cool to me.

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

They’ve allready said “no t4” in an interview, sorry to crush your dreams

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

They’ve allready said “no t4” in an interview, sorry to crush your dreams

can you provide the link for that Interview? I don’t like to miss interviews.

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

A straight up Tier 4 vendor would only mean higher gold sinks, which is probably why Anet vouched against it. However, Anet could implement the acquisition as the OP suggested and it would be a win-win. New armor, provides optional quest content, and no hefty costs of gold.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Maybe through Masteries you could discover a new T4 cultural line of account-bound items that you could craft.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Been out for almost half a year, came back to see whats stuff is like on this upcoming expansion and saw this thread

An optional questline to get cultural armor? i will likely come to play for that! even if the armor design isnt much to my preference.

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I think you are on the right lines here but really they should just make Legendary armor, to me it seems like the most obvious next gen step they could take, although I guess once they do that there maybe nowhere left to go other than making more legendary armors, and ofc these armor’s should be very difficult to aquire through gameplay/quests/collections.

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Implement new cultural armor as designed but don’t call it “tier 4” and then the devs aren’t liars for saying tier 4 wouldn’t exist.

Tier 4 Cultural armor

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

Why does everyone keep going on and on about things not being prestigious enough? Wear the armor because it looks cool, not because you think people will stare in awe at your glorious presence.

Geez…