Tomes of Knowledge

Tomes of Knowledge

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Someone in LA mentioned that ToK will be limited to use once every hour in an anet live stream to limit the rev being leveled up to quickly.

I call BS but thought I’d check here to be sure.

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Someone in LA mentioned that ToK will be limited to use once every hour in an anet live stream to limit the rev being leveled up to quickly.

Never heard that from any official source. If true it would be really stupid and a poor way to gate content since the new zones in pve are all level 80.

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

It’s a rumor dreamed up by people who have nothing better to do than try to dictate how others play the game.

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Never happened. Someone is yanking your chain.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Never heard that from any official source. If true it would be really stupid and a poor way to gate content since the new zones in pve are all level 80.

Also it would literally serve no purpose other than annoying everyone.

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If there had been an announcement like that, there would have been a large outcry on the forum from all the people who’ve been planning to get an instant 80 Revenant when the expansion starts.

no outraged threads = no announcement.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

If there had been an announcement like that, there would have been a large outcry on the forum from all the people who’ve been planning to get an instant 80 Revenant when the expansion starts.

^This

And if they did that, players would just walk away. Granted it doesnt take TOO long to farm ToK’s, but to gate them on release would be a huge slap to the face. I would be one to walk away after such a move.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

^This

And if they did that, players would just walk away. Granted it doesnt take TOO long to farm ToK’s, but to gate them on release would be a huge slap to the face. I would be one to walk away after such a move.

yeah not like instant level 80 Revenants will have all their Hero Points and can instant buy their Elite Spec.

The Revs will still have to go in the world and do hero points like everybody else, regardless of level.. max only gets you all the baseline core skills and traits. thats all. rest from map.