NTDK.4897

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Trailer!!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Thanks!

I was able to pause it towards the end. Kasmeer, Braham, Taimi, Marjory. No Rox or Canach. Hmmm.

Trailer!!

Posted by: Apophis.2498

Apophis.2498

What happened to Rox, I wonder?

You see Kasmeer, Marjory, Braham, and Taimi with Rytlock…..but no Rox.

Trailer!!

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

That was awesome!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Trailer!!

Posted by: Kaiden Valor.7163

Kaiden Valor.7163

Ta daaaa! I love it. Did y’all see it?

YES!

…. Was it just me or did Kasmeer look like she was wearing different armor? It went fast, so it was hard to tell.

I just paused it on youtube and Kasmeer’s armour looks the same as her usual one. Did notice Marjory is using her greatsword though, don’t recall if she had already started doing that yet?

Trailer!!

Donari.5237

Here’s the next bit of schedule they just posted (right now it is 3:25 pm Pacific).

Attachments:

Trailer!!

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i MUST know who drew that big dragon at the trailer (maybe mordremoth)

Trailer!!

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

wow loved that trailer, looked so awesome and much better than the one for gw2

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Trailer!!

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

YES!

…. Was it just me or did Kasmeer look like she was wearing different armor? It went fast, so it was hard to tell.

I just paused it on youtube and Kasmeer’s armour looks the same as her usual one. Did notice Marjory is using her greatsword though, don’t recall if she had already started doing that yet?

Yeah, I rewatched it and she’s definitely the same. I think I got blinded by the hype(er) beams .

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Trailer!!

Posted by: Apophis.2498

Apophis.2498

What happened to Rox?!?!?

Trailer!!

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

YES!

Yeah Marjory uses her greatsword in the living world season 2, but she didn’t use any specific reaper skills there.

Trailer!!

DragonflyDusk.6582

Thanks!

I was able to pause it towards the end. Kasmeer, Braham, Taimi, Marjory. No Rox or Canach. Hmmm.

And they happen to be the two that I like. Don’t die on me, guys!

Trailer!!

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Haven’t you guys seen the sharknado movies? When something flies right over your head, you’re supposed to hold up a sharp object and cut it in half.

Trailer!!

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

That was short and very generic. The usual low quality low quantity work by arenanet.

Trailer!!

Posted by: Brawson.4701

Brawson.4701

Gaile Gray, Where is Rox?

Trailer!!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I find it interesting that more people in game/guild/forum are discussing the absence of Rox than the appearance of the “thing” at the end. Perhaps players are more invested in the NPCs than many realised.

Trailer!!

Brawson.4701

Is there anything wrong with enjoying characters in the game? I already knew the threat was a elder dragon, I think it’s more of a shock that a main character is missing from your characters team. But what’s exciting is that this elder dragon can talk.

Trailer!!

Randulf.7614

Is there anything wrong with enjoying characters in the game? I already knew the threat was a elder dragon, I think it’s more of a shock that a main character is missing from your characters team.

It’s not meant as a criticism in any way, it is a good thing ppl are invested, I merely commented thinking the talking point would be round the end of the trailer.

Trailer!!

DragonflyDusk.6582

Is there anything wrong with enjoying characters in the game? I already knew the threat was a elder dragon, I think it’s more of a shock that a main character is missing from your characters team.

It’s not meant as a criticism in any way, it is a good thing ppl are invested, I merely commented thinking the talking point would be round the end of the trailer.

I can have that discussion once my engineer’s hammer is firmly in my grasp.

Trailer!!

Brawson.4701

Hearing this dragon talk at the beginning and end was the most exciting part for me. I wish Zhaitan would have talked to players. It made him feel like a dumb beast to me. Now mordremoth has that feel of a sinister boss.

Trailer!!

Randulf.7614

I can have that discussion once my engineer’s hammer is firmly in my grasp.

That’ll be to pry Rytlock from between his teeth presumably

Trailer!!

DragonflyDusk.6582

Yes, hearing Mordremoth talk was pretty awesome to me.

Hearing this dragon talk at the beginning and end was the most exciting part for me. I wish Zhaitan would have talked to players. It made him feel like a dumb beast to me. Now mordremoth has that feel of a sinister boss.

Maybe Zhaitan’s vocal chords were too decomposed to talk. Maybe all he really wanted was a sandwich.

Trailer!!

Posted by: DarkusRogue.3027

DarkusRogue.3027

Pretty epic. Rytlock OP.

Trailer!!

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Gaile Gray, Where is Rox?

they couldnt put her into the trailer with her low level looking armor…or maybe she got her floating quiver stuck in some bushes and cant get it out.

Trailer!!

Posted by: Vuze.3954

Vuze.3954

Launch Trailer, REALY!?
So bad, made no sense… And the voice acting? And from roots to a fight with no backround? Dam this was disappointing

Trailer!!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Rytlock is so fluffy!!

Trailer!!

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

A simple game of making fun of the Launch Trailer by defining it in some funny way. Something to lighten the mood instead of complaining.

I’ll start for the heck of it….

“Move over Kormir because Rytlock will not only steal the glory but also all the kills while he complains how the player character is useless because he or she keep ending up dead by the enemy mobs”

“Abaddon meet your green cousin Mordremoth.”

Trailer!!

Posted by: origin.1496

origin.1496

I literally thought that exact same thing when I saw the trailer.

The resemblance of Abaddon in Mordremoth really is drawn through it’s face and the purple energy flowing through it. Having Rytlock there with his blindfold shouts Nightfall all over again.

Not complaining. Only wishing.

Trailer!!

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Wow that was the best trailer I’ve ever seen for a game/expansion I have no intention of buying. Great job!

Trailer!!

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

if that thing at the end was mordremoth….god kitten he looked sweet

i imagined morde being a regualar dragon but with vines coming off his body…..but i guess a dragon made of literal vines makes more sense since Zhaitan the undead dragon was literally made up of dead dragons all merged together to make one big dragon

Please Anet, do not fail us on the Mordremoth fight, he looks kitten, sounds kitten, make the fight kitten too!

The purple eyes are giving me an Abaddon feel too, which is good because he was the best big bad from GW1.

Trailer!!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I liked it. The mood was perfect. It could have been a couple of hours longer for my taste…you know, maybe like a Guild Wars 2 movie. (coughs).

Seriously though, gratz. Well done to all.

Trailer!!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Looked like a trailer for the Revenant than the whole of HoT. I’m a little disappointed, I was hoping to see other areas of HoT, and a little more of an idea of what was going to be in HoT.

The art work is incredible in the trailer. Just want to be clear I’m not disrespecting anyone’s hard work. If it was a cut scene in the game, I’d be squealing lime a 3 year old child.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Trailer!!

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I have to say, I didn’t think I would ever see a trailer as good as the one at the end of season 2, but this one… I am just speechless. Most definitely the best trailer for anything I have seen. Mainly because Rytlock had the main part in it and he is amazing, the only character I genuinely like and care what happens to. His line when the mordrem says ‘all will serve the jungle dragon’ and then he replies ‘we serve no one’ was awesome and how he just kills the mordrem after that was just, I don’t know, if anything was going to send my hype levels through the roof that was it. I just hope he kills mordremoth (or whatever that was at the end) and we don’t steal the show, so to speak. I don’t really like my character taking the spotlight from all the npcs.
If indeed that was mordremoth himself, I think the design for him was very good as well and his voice sounded very intimidating and powerful. I can’t wait for launch.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

(edited by suffish.4150)

Trailer!!

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Art work was amazing! I loved the purple hue emanating from the mordrem so that it looked like veins. Mordremoth’s voice is amazing! Loved how the vines move so smoothly. Not gonna lie, I wish it wasn’t so focused on just Rytlock. Needed more diversity. Would have been really cool to see Braham using a bow, Kasmeer using a shield, Rox using a staff, etc. Perhaps Taimi using rocket boots to burst herself through a mordrem with a hammer. Would have also been amazing if Rox had a pet wyvern that attacked the larger one.

The slow motion of the wyvern going over Rytlock was soooooo cool. Sohothin also looked amazing. Can’t wait to see what happens to Rytlock and Sohothin in HoT.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Trailer!!

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Ok, this was… Very bad.

Incredibly bad, even.

ArenaNet has fallen in the same trap a lot of MMORPG developers fall into – they are putting the NPCs under the spotlight to the detriment of the player characters. This has always been an issue for ArenaNet – from people complaining that Prince Rurik was stealing the show in GW: Prophecies, then Mhenlo in GW: Factions, Kormir in Nightfall and later Traheanne in GW2. It would have been expected that ArenaNet would know better than to do an entire trailer – and something they’re calling such a big thing like the “launch trailer” – focusing exclusively on showing NPCs being “cool”. The message here is clear – Rytlock will be the next Traheanne, don’t expect your character to be the hero of the story.

It’s also sad to see how ArenaNet has lost one of their most unique aspects, the use of animated concept art for cinematics. The last time we saw this in full force was at the video right after character creation, but since the first time we saw it – the Guild Wars 2 Teaser Video - it was widely praised. I’m not surprised ArenaNet has mostly abandoned this format – one of the main artists responsible for it, Kekai Kotaki, has left the company. But it’s still a big symbol of how much ArenaNet has lost.

Mordemoth’s voice is also very cliché. He sounds like a Protoss – that effect they have added to his voice must be one of the most overused sound effects in games. It shows a huge lack of creativity.

I’m very disappointed in this trailer.

Trailer!!

Posted by: GruntSquad.1530

GruntSquad.1530

my comment on youtube:
The style is fine, the sound/music is great. Though there is something lacking. It feels… not “big” enough, not “epic” enough. Its not a danger to all beings on tyria, instead Mordremoth feels like a boss rytlock has to beat after overcoming a minion and a mini boss.

The trailer at the end of season 2 (the one where caithe does the monologue at the start) captured what i wanted for this trailer in my honest oppinion. It had a sense of magnitude… and impact. On friendships, on the battlefield, on society. And a intriguing “unknown”.

That said, keep it up ArenaNet! It was a good start!?

‘m not talking about effects! Don’t get me wrong. It’s not about how flashy the cinematic is, it has something to do with the decision what to show!

For the feeling of grandieur, in my humble oppinion, you have to show the world. Like the scene of canach, who had to defend himself in a krytan looking building. You don’t need to show much, don’t need to animate everything.

Its about the message, that has to be conveyed.?

Trailer!!

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Abaddon called, he wants his style back.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Trailer!!

Donari.5237

I don’t think that was directly Mordremoth. Remember at the start, “I am this world.” I think that was a mass of vines forming for purpose of the moment but he is simply composed of plants, woven into and through the jungle, and he can make shapes out of those plants, some of them autonomous.

While I don’t know how they can keep the maps permanent content (if they want to) as they are and still do this, I feel that when we finally dispatch Mordy it should involve burning the jungle to bare dirt, creating a huge ecodisaster that affects the world in unanticipated ways.

Trailer!!

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

YES!

Yeah Marjory uses her greatsword in the living world season 2, but she didn’t use any specific reaper skills there.

She actually did put chill on them on the third autoattack though. Too bad we don’t get Marjorys AA, it was better than current one ._.

Also I’m sad we didn’t get a bone-wall skill (Marjory can summon a bonebridge).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Trailer!!

Donari.5237

They just posted the next snippet of stream schedule:

Attachments:

Trailer!!

Donari.5237

And the next stuff coming is:

Attachments:

Trailer!!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

More cooking!

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Trailer!!

Donari.5237

Another schedule update!

Attachments:

Trailer!!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thanks for posting the schedules, guys. It really helps keep people informed on what’s coming up! Right now, it’s Legendary Journey.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Trailer!!

Posted by: Gulga.3598

Gulga.3598

The trailer is AWESOME!!! i lofe it, this felling of " well you are total kittened" but in the same time epicness and dispair!^^ If you want to have a elder dragon fight to be epic you need a long time where you think well we dont can do jack kitten^^ and this trailer totaly give that feeling^^

Trailer!!

Posted by: Athel.2076

Athel.2076

I’m still trying to get past that beta cutscene when the planty guy starts the fight mounted and armed with a spear, and ends the fight on foot wielding a leyline-skin hammer. More leyline weapons for planty people in this trailer, wonder if he too started the fight armed with something else?

Anyways, someone needs to inform Rytlock that positioning and tactics is key and that the ‘zerker meta is dead. That guy is way WAY too impulsive. On the other hand, charr are superior to all, so I’m sure he’ll be fine.

Ice dragon, fire dragon, risen dead from Orr,
branded creature, icebrood creature, war war war.
mel: Soft kitty.

Trailer!!

Donari.5237

I missed one while I was at dinner but here, this should be the final set of streams:

Attachments:

Trailer!!

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Something I just noticed in the trailer.

Where are Rox and Frostbite? Neither one shows up!

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Trailer!!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Compared to launch trailers from other MMOs, I found this to be short in length. While it does look interesting as someone who plays the game, I don’t know how well it invokes interest in the game via the expansion from those who haven’t played GW2 yet.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Trailer!!

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

I wanted to see more, Rytlock took all the spotlight!

It was good, I love CGI, it felt a bit short though. The fight scene was average. I was really hoping to see more Destiny’s Edge characters in action (and not the new ones), this was also a very good opportunity to make the new protagonists more likable (currently almost noone likes Destiny’s Edge 2.0). But yeah, I know Rytlock is iconic, but don’t overdo it.

Great job, I expect more and better trailers in the future!