Trait Build Save Request Reminder

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Ok Anet.

This has been asked for time and again.

And now with Raids where we might have to change to complete the fight it is time for you to ACTUALLY add Trait Build Saves.

I know that this has been asked for its time for you to put it in like Guild Wars 1.

Firebird Gomer.9563

Lets see now. This needs to be moved to the top of the pile so people can put in their 2 cents worth, so the Developers of Guild Wars 2 can actually do something that people are asking for.

Thanks So much.

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

Hello ANET are you reading this?

Firebird Gomer.9563

I hope they are

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m sure they have read it, along with every other build template request thread over the past few years (there have been many).

The last word from ANet I know of on this matter is Colin in an interview agreeing that templates are a good idea but saying they are not part of the HoT release. So perhaps maybe possibly they might could one day get around to starting work on templates, but it shan’t be with the initial raids.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Um, maybe give them time to fully embed their new(ish) trait system? >_>
I mean, build saving is a fantastic idea, and I want it, but give them a few months to make sure all the current bits and pieces work.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

Templates are something we would love to do. We have talked about this quite a bit, and with the frequency we’re seeing raid builds get tweaked we agree this would be a huge help.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Templates are something we would love to do. We have talked about this quite a bit, and with the frequency we’re seeing raid builds get tweaked we agree this would be a huge help.

Kormir be praised!
(Looking forward to seeing the implementation of some of the ideas people have offered in these forums.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Kormir be praised!
(Looking forward to seeing the implementation of some of the ideas people have offered in these forums.)

I wouldn’t expect this soon. Anet stated repeatedly that all the features that are coming with HoT have already been mentioned in the “road ahead” post. No mention of build templates.

I also think those templates are much less needed than ever before because:

• we now have seperate builds whenever we log in to WvW, PvP or PvE
  • the new trait system allows selecting new builds in a matter of seconds

Build templates, if introduced, should come with the possibility to attach gear to it (weapons, trinkets and armor). I’d love to see something like that in the game.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

I’d like to see gear templates associated with the trait template system too.
(incorporating utility skills to the templates would also be great)

Because for example if I want to switch from a power build to a condition build, I also have to change the gears I associate to each orientation.
It would be a great addition to incorporate that.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

This is a vital QoL change if raiding is going to be a staple component of the game. The changes made earlier in the year unlocking the WvW build from the PvE build is a great start, but this needs to be taken further in the PvE environment when build-swapping is crucial. Fractals, dungeons, open-world exploration, and raids all require different types of builds a lot of the time, so even just the ability to slot two different types of builds will greatly reduce frustration among players. It would also allow room for more experimentation because the players won’t worry about losing their tried and true build if they re-trait for something different, temporarily.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Note that the stance continues to be “we think this is a good idea.” Which is better than “not gonna do it, uh uh no way,” but keeps it in the nebulous future for implementation. I’m sure it will happen one day, it’s too core a QoL change not to, but I’m not holding my breath.

After all, I’d hate to faint for lack of oxygen when I need to be alert for HoT’s launch

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I’m sure it will happen one day, it’s too core a QoL change not to, but I’m not holding my breath.

My worst fear regarding it is that we will have been raiding for a year before it is finally implemented. It would have already been a very useful addition for non-raid content, but we really need something.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

WAIT. So if they actually saved templates (and you could name them) I would not need sticky notes attached to the side of my monitor with 3-1-2 etc written all over them? Neat!

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Kormir be praised!

Never say Kormir or it won’t happen.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

WAIT. So if they actually saved templates (and you could name them) I would not need sticky notes attached to the side of my monitor with 3-1-2 etc written all over them? Neat!

Yes in Gw1 we have build template. You access hero panel then load your build along with gear then boom you are ready to go. Thats why many veterans were surprised that this didn’t make it GW2 should have been a part of the game since release but unfortunately we are still in request phase and all they can say is “we agreed”.

(edited by WingLegacy.7159)

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I would love that in PvP, now with stronghold and all that.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Don’t hold your breath, Anet devs have been repeating that same old line for years now. They would like to do it, but you know, other priorities such as icebow nerfs are much more important!

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Don’t hold your breath, Anet devs have been repeating that same old line for years now. They would like to do it, but you know, other priorities such as icebow nerfs are much more important!

Well, I have to admit it, sadly, was.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Then, just do it!!

Its something the community been asking for a long time. We all agree that its a quality improvement to the game.

More quality = more players = more gw2 continued development and support.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

So, despite it being a core feature of GW1, and more than 3 years in to GW2, no actual work had started on it?

Templates are something that should have been done at the start- I can’t begin to tell you how annoying it is to swap a build then lose the scrap of paper you had it written down on after playing another toon for a while.

Maybe if you all started playing multiple toons you’d have got the need for this basic function 3 years ago.

Oh well, maybe templates will come in time for the 2017/18 expansion…

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Nice this should help in PvP as well and could possibly put Courtyard in ranked. I do wonder how long it will take.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

Do you know if anyone reading this?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

But it’s not going to happen, right? Or you guys would not be just talking about this for the last few years.

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

PRAISE MELANDRU! I’ve been waiting for this for a long time:P

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Thank the Six Gods! My awful memory will finally get rest and every build I make will be saved!

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

• the new trait system allows selecting new builds in a matter of seconds

If you play multiple characters, you’ll unlikely remember every build.

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Sounds like you guys haven’t started working on it yet. I was hoping this would have been an addition to HoT. I didn’t play GW1 so I don’t know what templates were like there, but if templates could include armour and weapons, as well as traits/skills/utilities I would be happy.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

it would be awesome. another thing, tho, would the COMPLETE separation of PVE/PVP/WVW skills AND WEAPONS/ARMOR… i mean, if i pve i use pistol/pistol and in pvp i use rifle and in wvw i use pistol/shield i shouldn’t have to replace the weapon when i switch modes. this ties in the template structure in a hierarchical way.

first level is game type, second level are the build alternatives. This must cover weapons, armor, skills and traits. Yes basically we should have ADDITIONAL slots where we can put a weapons/armor from inventory or another build. PvP build are easier because we just need to “define” armor skin, weapon type and skin, amulet.

Since this basically is gonna give “free inventory slots” you can just limit it to max 3 build per type.

It would be awesome to have, too a slot for food/nourish that would auto renew on expiration.

This is so needed in this game where personalization is so deep and important and different across game modes!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

(edited by Gaaroth.2567)

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Can we have a response on this please. With upcoming raids this tool is important to have.

How soon can we expect an alpha build tool for testing?

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Can we have a response on this please. With upcoming raids this tool is important to have.

How soon can we expect an alpha build tool for testing?

That’s about as much of an answer as there will be.

If development of build templates is even underway, expect it to be in spring of 2016, at the minimum.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Cookiezz.5261

Cookiezz.5261

Please make this a thing.

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Good to hear this dev news. I know you guys stated before you don’t like client side “saving and loading” of any sort, but why not? You guys did it with Guild Wars 1, why not just reuse what you have learned with GW1 templates? League of Legends has a template system of sorts, but you’ve already made one yourselves years before they did it. Sometimes I wonder what’s going on in your head lol, such wasted resources. If you are worried about “game versions” and that templates of one version might not work in another version, then include a version ID in the template code. TBH, I don’t care much about sharing my templates to others, so it’s fine for me if there’s no chat code component of the template system. But if you would like players to be able to share templates, then maybe try a “preview” window, a compact version of the trait UI (with the ability to change traits disabled ofcourse). You might even include a save system in this trait template preview window.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Firebird Gomer.9563

Necro’d for Anet to let us know if anything has developed further.

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

Well, I can only hope this happens someday in the future, as this is a big QoL change and needed from like day -3. Obviously this also needs to include weapons and armor as well. Also the auto-renewing nourishment slot (could be toggled ofc) is a great idea.

Posted by: Duke.1973

Duke.1973

I think it might be time to stop talking about it and start working on creating then implementing it. This is something that’s been asked for since GW2 released.

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

Wardrobe+dye templates would be great as well

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

oh wow they said they agree, lets see how long it takes to implement!

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

They’ve been saying it’s something they want to do for over a year. Heck Colin was saying it’s something they want to do but there are technical limitations back at PAX East last year. Hopefully it’s something we’ll be hearing about soon™.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Didn’t someone stumble across something that resembled this several months ago? I’m trying to remember but I think it was some menu item that wasn’t supposed to be available. Perhaps someone else with a better memory would know what I am talking about.

Edit: Nevermind. Just did a search and found what I was referring to.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3b4z6j/something_new_in_the_pvp_build_window/

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)