Treacherous Path Hero Point bugged?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

the hero point just down from the WP …. I’ve done this 7 times and never gotten credit for it. Whether I’ve started it or joined in … it will not give me credit for it. Does anyone else have this problem?

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Purgatori.3645

I’ve relogged, switched maps etc but everyone I do it with seems to get credit. .. ideas?

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

I don’t know about that one but the PactAirship Wreckage Hero Challenge does not get changed on the map although when you try to commune again it says can’t get anything more from this place of power, or some such. On the map it did say that the character had the Coztic Itzel Belongings Hero Point but that particular character has not even traveled to that part of the map yet. It did increment the number of HP I had for that character on the map and gave him the 10 HP, but it was marked incorrectly on the map.

Posted by: frednought.1238

frednought.1238

Same issue here, I think—though I’m actually not sure if I got the points or not (I had some in my Hero Panel afterwards but they may have been from a previous challenge). Anyway, the map icon isn’t updating.

Purgatori.3645

I’ll double check to see if I got the points. And yeah the map icon isn’t updating …. frustrating

Purgatori.3645

I also confirmed with dulfy that the only mastery required for this is basic gliding which I have … she has all HP guides up on the website. Juat thought there may be something else to it.

Posted by: Ordin.9047

Ordin.9047

This is happening to me to. I sent a help ticket in, but haven’t received any reply.

Posted by: Zennia.5762

Zennia.5762

Happening to me too. I didn’t check my point balance before I did it the first time, so don’t know if I got credit for it or not, but map hasn’t updated after three completions.

Posted by: ginganinja.6752

ginganinja.6752

I am having the same problem. I received the hero points but the map marker is not updating.

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I am having the same problem. I received the hero points but the map marker is not updating.

Me too. It is the last thing I need for map completion on that toon. I used /bug in-game.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: LeahKell.5873

LeahKell.5873

Same here, though I’ve completed it on other characters and I could have sworn I already did it.

Posted by: Moomin Jen.4190

Moomin Jen.4190

I’ve also completed this HP several times (within time and recieved loot etc) either joining in or starting it, I’ve done all the other HP’s in the VB map but I’m still stuck on 10/11 HP complete. When hovering over the map completion when maps open, this is the only HP that shows as not being done.

(edited by Moomin Jen.4190)

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

From what I understand, they’re reversed, Treacherous Path gives you credit for Pact Airship Wreckage and vice versa, but when I did Pact Airship Wreckage, it didn’t tell me I completed anything and is not showing completed, but does tell me I learned all I could when I try it again immediately. I haven’t gotten back to Treacherous Path to try that one again, but I am still sitting at 10/11 done with Pact Airship Wreckage showing on the map as the only one not completed.

Purgatori.3645

I’m now sitting at 10/11 for hero challenges in VB with treacherous paths being the only one not completed. Tried again this morning before work .. this makes 11 attempts with nada!

Posted by: Puffendorf.1694

Puffendorf.1694

Still not fixed. I can’t leave a map if its not 100% done so I guess my playtime of the expansion is at an end. I’d say “Thanks Obama!” in a sarcastic voice, but this isn’t his fault. its ArenaNet not fixing the kitten thing still. I’ve sent the ticket in and all I got was “thanks for submiting the bug, now kitten off!”

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I have this problem, too. Hero Challenges that I’ve done over and over but the map never reflects it.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Treacherous Path gives you credit for Pact Airship Wreckage and vice versa. Finished my last one today. I’m sure it will be fixed in the next patch, but for now, at least they’re attainable.

Purgatori.3645

But I did pact airship … first time np prob so tech then I need pact airship for treacherous credit … :/ …. so confusing lol

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Yep, Pact Airship Wreckage and Treacherous Path hero challenges are mixed up. I just went to Pact Airship point and it was not done even though the mini-map showed it as done. Got 100% for Verdant Brink on my new Revenant now ty! Now just to get credit for completion on my toon that has 100% Tyrian map completion…

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

You get the points but not hte completion. I have the same issue

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

You get the points but not hte completion. I have the same issue

You have a hero point location that says you completed it, but you didn’t actually do it. When you complete that other location you will get credit for the trechorous point one.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Thanks for the info on this. Was really throwing me off.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: fizzypetal.7936

fizzypetal.7936

Pact Airship Wreckage? I’m looking at the map and I can’t see that. Can you name the waypoint it is closest too? I have the same problem with the HP near to Treacherous Path Waypoint. Done it half a dozen times and still shows I haven’t earned it. It is stopping me from completing the map.

Posted by: fizzypetal.7936

fizzypetal.7936

Found it….is in the Canopy over Noble Crash Site. Get to it from Faren’s Flyer Waypoint…gliding east. So yeah, it showed as being done, but it allowed me to commune with it which gave me the completion. Hope ANet fixes this one…I wouldn’t have ever figured this out had it not been for someone else discovering it and posting to the forums. So thank you so much Chaba!

Purgatori.3645

Alright I’ll give it a go thanks guys you’ve been awesome!

Posted by: Acewings.6872

Acewings.6872

the hero point just down from the WP …. I’ve done this 7 times and never gotten credit for it. Whether I’ve started it or joined in … it will not give me credit for it. Does anyone else have this problem?

I’m having the same exact issue. It’s very frustrating. Yet 1 more reason why hero points should be soloable.