Treasure Mushroom Spore

Treasure Mushroom Spore

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

Is the treasure mushroom supposed to always drop the spore if needed? I have done it twice on the same character (Daredevil) trying to get the necessary spoor for BO but it hasn’t dropped either time.

Just curious if I am glitched or if there is some RNG.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Treasure Mushroom Spore

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can only get a spore from the same mushroom once per day.

Treasure Mushroom Spore

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As far as I know, if you have an elite weapon collection open and you kill a mushroom for the first time that day in that map (so you can kill four a day for collections), you will automatically get the invisible spore.

If you have more than one collection open, eg Daredevil and Berserker, it will give you the spore for the next one alphabetically. Thus you would get Berserker the first time and Daredevil the next if those were your only two open collections needing the spore.

Treasure Mushroom Spore

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

As far as I know, if you have an elite weapon collection open and you kill a mushroom for the first time that day in that map (so you can kill four a day for collections), you will automatically get the invisible spore.

If you have more than one collection open, eg Daredevil and Berserker, it will give you the spore for the next one alphabetically. Thus you would get Berserker the first time and Daredevil the next if those were your only two open collections needing the spore.

That is how it was originally but they have changed it to be biased towards the class you kill the mushroom with so if you kill it with a Daredevil you will get the Daredevil spore first.